• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Chakras: general info, healing, experience etc???

SebastianSkip

Bluelighter
Hi

I figure the bluelight brain trust is bound to hold some people who’ve studied the concept and chakra healing. I’ve done some basic searches but I was interested in hearing from individuals about experiences they may have had.

I maybe should mention that I’m an atheist who doesn’t usually get into spiritual stuff but I’ve had good experiences with energy related work (acupuncture and cranio sacral massage) but it’s always been a treatment I received and not a self help thing.

Today I had an interesting experience. I’m on a journey to quit smoking (which I started documenting in a thread under ‘mental health’ forum) and while trying to explore my addiction noticed that when I felt the need to buy more cigarettes I felt a strong sense of dread and when I scanned my body all the sensation was in the place where the ‘root chakra’ is located. I’ve looked at diagrams of chakras before so am familiar with the concept but was still surprised that my first thought was that it’s all in my root. That led me to check it out and it made sense that I’d identify that area because I have all the symptoms of an under active root chakra.

I wish I had a more specific question to ask but just wondering ... any interesting info on chakras and root chakra in particular? Any experience doing healing chakra work to share? Thanks in advance.

Last night I went on youtube and searched ‘root chakra healing’, I picked a video with chanting (‘lam’) and played it as I fell asleep. I had stayed up late and by the time I did this I was ‘pass out’ tired, I don’t remember much. But in my mind it helped.

I may never really go all-in on a spiritual practice or feel spiritual (whatever that means) but I feel like I need something spiritual right now. Not long ago I went to a Unitarian Church service, it took a long time for me to work up the courage and go and I was glad I went but had no interest in returning. I wish it were otherwise, it was obvious from what I saw there (& everything else I know and have read about Unitarians) that my beliefs line up well with the church. I wanted to feel good about being there especially because it would be a way to be with others, be engaged with my community, do good things. But the entire time I was there I was repeatedly having flashbacks to being in church as a kid and what that meant for me. Sadly, my church experience was negative. It’s not necessary to go into here, I just realized that the Unitarian church was maybe more for people for whom church/religion wasn’t so much negative as unfulfilling. It was super familiar and for a lot of people that familiarity is probably comforting, for me it’s alarming and feels dangerous. Intellectually I knew it was a safe place but emotionally I wanted to flee.

Yoga classes can feel really great and they’re the closest I’ve come to a positive sort of ‘church’ experience. Unfortunately my body can’t do yoga classes these days. I have chronic muscle spasms so even the slow moving or restorative classes can end up having the opposite of intended affect. Hopefully, someday, that’ll change. I miss yoga classes. When I couldn’t go anymore it was a loss I felt, profoundly.

So, chakra healing videos it is.

Still hoping there’s maybe someone with chakra healing experience out there that’ll see this and share. I’ll post updates as I go. I don’t feel like I have to do this the ‘right’ way or that I need special knowledge or guidance but I like mentioning it here so it doesn’t feel like something I’m doing in isolation. Heck, even if no one has something to share regarding their experience maybe mine will help someone else.

Take care. I like that this blue light will mix with my red (root chakra chants) and make some purple. I’ve been drawn to purple lately, it reminds me of a hopeful time of exploration and healing.

I'm not into the whole esoteric culture, or the trendy lifestyle guru thing at all, but try integrating some yoga postures/techniques; enables the control of breath, awareness and sensory stimulation of physiological components and how these work in tandem with affect; it helps focus on the motor and sensory nervous systems, so is definitely a help, if you're aiming at self care, health and overall well-being ...Try to have fun with it nd obviously, don't buy into dogmatic guru nonsense/rigid instruction, (unless you wish) work it into your daily routine.

Sorry man, i just read your post quickly and missed the entire paragraph about the fact that yoga wasn't an option. Apologies for my reply.
Have you tried visualisation, meditation and practicing vivid dreaming? Theres a thread re it on BL.

If your issue is root chakra, then you seem to be trying to go about fixing it in a really heady, ungrounded way.

Root is:
- the body, the physical, the material
- material survival (eat, sleep, breathe, shelter, adrenaline)
- fear, stress
- sex (the drive for it, not the relational aspect)
- brain stem, autonomic functions, the kidneys, the sex organs, the hormones; the tailbone, the legs, the feet, the soles of the feet especially
- tends to be the colour red -- a deep, earthy red
- the present moment (where the body is, where it can only be)
- gravity, downwardness, earth

You'd be better off going and lifting a bunch of bricks all day to build something than read about root.

If you want to get more into the root, you need to get more into the body and everything that relates to that: movement, food, the five senses, the natural world, the here and now. Reading and watching videos about root can be helpful instructionally, but eventually it puts you in your head. You also have to address fears and anxieties. A big chunk of humanity - I'd say more than half - are in a dissociated state. That is to say, they are disembodied. At least two whole generations were neglected and even abused as infants because of backward scientific beliefs. We learned that being in a body is not safe so we checked out.

There are two ways infants check out. They go into their minds, or they go into the ether (where they came from pre-birth). The mind version grow up to be very successful intellects that society praises because we value mind over anything else. The etheric version grows up to be the spiritual seekers / psychics / mystics, seeking they know not what, trying to be with the One while having to cope with the necessity of being in a body. Both usually have bodily health problems unless they resolve their human level selves.

I mention all this because the best way to get grounded is usually by delving into historical traumas, through somatic (body) approaches. You have to go to the one place that you won't want to go because the original dissociation was an attempt to escape from extreme pain, i.e. a baby crying and crying in a crib but never being picked up because it was believed the baby had to learn how to self-soothe, which they never do because their nervous systems are undeveloped and they can't self-regulate yet. It therefore might be a trauma you don't even remember, but your body does, and it's why you're perpetually ungrounded and rootless.

If it's truly not a trauma thing, then maybe you just have adrenal burnout from lots of stress and a shitty lifestyle. The brain receptors can only take so much stressful down-regulation before you become zombie-like and disembodied. I coin this biochemical ungroundedness, rather than psychological/traumatic. I still think the trauma piece is usually the reason.

No worries, it was still helpful feedback. There are some poses I can do and I think I’m gonna incorporate them tonight with some videos I’ve been falling asleep to. I used to meditate a lot for chronic pain and had a lot of closed eye visuals. It was cool but it made me disconnect from my body so I like the breathing/stretching/yoga route for now because I need to be more aware of my body.

I had fun last night and it reminded me I need more in my life. Maybe I’ll try chanting, that might make me laugh ;)

This guy is awesome, you don’t even have to be looking for meditation, the sound is neat and calming ...

https://youtu.be/iT6w3cEkpm0

Thanks! Dream stuff interests me. I’m just looking for some ways to make my self exploration less random and purposeful.

I agree that a grounded approach is needed.

It can be re-traumatizing to dive headlong into healing past trauma without making sure one has some safety measures in place. Anyone suggesting otherwise is dangerous.

This is an amazing book that I have been using for various purposes for a couple of years. It comes with DSM-4 description and straight to point kundalini exercises (yoga, postures, mantras) to help with specific concerns, I cannot recommend it enough! - https://www.amazon.com/Sacred-Thera...on-Handbook/dp/0393707024/ref=pd_bxgy_b_img_z

And the author himself presents as a powerful teacher and a guide, check him out - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Shannahoff-Khalsa

Great video with singing bowls BTW, I love playing mine and chanting too - it's very healing experience. An interesting bit of info on that vibration coming off singing bowl looking exactly like visually presented mandalas if you capture the sound waves in a different way -

http://allergiesandyourgut.com/2014/08/14/sound-therapy-healing-singing-bowls/
http://solawakening.com/cymatics/

I had a very notable experience with Kundalini a couple nights ago. I wanted to see if I could intentionally activate Kundalini just by thinking about it and visualizing it. I think I have a pretty good intuitive understanding of the vibrational characteristics of each chakra, so that helped as I began moving the Kundalini up, activating each chakra one by one. I started with the root, just kind of thinking/feeling it, the color of the energy, and getting a spark of feedback, then after a few seconds pulling up through the spine to the next chakra. When it reached my crown I imagined a Toroidal shape cycling the energy back to my root. And that's when I started having involuntary 'spasms' or some kind pulsing at my root, and it lasted for quite a few minutes! It felt freaking awesome though, my chakras lit up in that way! So yeah, this can be done without physical or breathing exercises.

I had a very notable experience with Kundalini a couple nights ago. I wanted to see if I could intentionally activate Kundalini just by thinking about it and visualizing it. I think I have a pretty good intuitive understanding of the vibrational characteristics of each chakra, so that helped as I began moving the Kundalini up, activating each chakra one by one. I started with the root, just kind of thinking/feeling it, the color of the energy, and getting a spark of feedback, then after a few seconds pulling up through the spine to the next chakra. When it reached my crown I imagined a Toroidal shape cycling the energy back to my root. And that's when I started having involuntary 'spasms' or some kind pulsing at my root, and it lasted for quite a few minutes! It felt freaking awesome though, my chakras lit up in that way! So yeah, this can be done without physical or breathing exercises.
That sounds very familiar to me! I've tried that too and I agree that it works. :)

Lately I find myself not being able to pass the heart chakra - the flow stops there and, interestingly, not so long ago I started having weird chest pains that I could not link to anything physical really as my extensive blood test analysis showed perfect health (but I immediately dropped all stims and even psychedelics, barely any cannabis nowadays). Then just recently I had a flu and I still am coughing up like crazy.

So I think at my current time of life I need to find effective ways of dealing with that chakra, the heart, which I think connects us all with invisible lines and makes love and compassion possible. Perhaps it has something to do with aggression too as lately I have had a lot more spikes of rage and strange aggression outbursts (I have had them all my life).

I think the root chakra gets damaged extensively with too much masturbation, self-obsession and stimulant abuse, it also gets kind of frozen if using opioids and perhaps anesthetics. Kundalini is especially helpful with aligning the energy at the root chakra IME. Very powerful experience that might become unbalancing and even harmful if not used correctly.