• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Nucynta question

Jaydeeeze

Greenlighter
Does anybody know if eating nucynta and IVing it gives you the same feeling? My dr tried me on it because the fent wasn't doing anything and the first day I ate 3 75's n didn't feel anything. I waited an hour or so n shot 1 n holy shit I've never felt that fucked up in that short of time ever from any other drug taken or shot. I couldn't barely walk n was thought it was maybe cause I took 4. But 2 days latter I decided to try another n it did the exact same thing to me. The hallucinations are so vivid n real looking. The worst part about that was I thought I kept seeing bugs on me, flying at me or running all around me. I guess the only good part about this whole thing is I haven't taken a subutex in almost a week and I've never been able to go that long without a sub in over 5 years.

It sounds like you've answered your own question man. In fact, seeing as how you are one of the few people who has IV'ed Tapentadol (Nucynta) and come to discuss it, why don't you illustrate the differences between the two routes of administration for users who might be in the same boat? Tapentadol is a relatively potent Opioid by the way, so if you're consuming it in dosages higher than what has been prescribed, you shouldn't be surprised at all that it's keeping withdrawal at bay.

I've tried to take it orally 3 times and I haven't felt anything. I've tried 3 75mg pills and nothing. I've read a few people say that 300mg is their sweet spot but after taking 3 and feeling nothing taking a 4th orally just seemed like a waste to me. IVing 1 75mg pill I think would be to much for the average user/person. I was up to shooting 8 subutex to get a 2-3 hour buzz and 1 nucynta made the 8 subs feel like nothing. I've prob done 1 a night for about a week now and it still kicks my ass like the first time. It's not something you can do and go out or do anything that requires any real thought. I am pretty sure if I or anybody ever tried to drive on 1 of these they wouldn't make it to the end of the street before wrecking. It makes you extremely disorientated. For anybody who reads this and does decide to try a nucynta try a very small amount the first time. I would have prob been good on a 1/4 of a pill my first time.

it sounds like youve forced so much of the chemical in your bloodstream at one time (compared to the slow introduction of the chemical when taken orally) that it created a delusional state for you. The hallucinations are more delusions than anything because your body doesnt know how to handle the chemical very well obviously. I think tapentadol has a different mode of action (other than its obvious opioid action) kinda like tramadol, but i dont think it is an SNRI like tramadol is.

I take Nucynta every day for chronic pain. As I recall, the first few doses didn't do much; efficacy seems to build. I get 300mg per day - 2x100mg extended release, and 2x50mg for breakthrough pain, which I usually end up taking late morning because pain is worst then (I keep weird hours - up til 3AM, then sleep til 10AM, so late morning is early for me). In addition i take 3x4mg tizanidine, 2x200mg Lyrica, and naproxen or ibuprofen as needed.
Due to extensive first pass metabolism, only around 30% of an oral dose makes its way to the receptors. Yesterday was a bad pain day, so I decided I'd try "plugging" my midday dose. I cut the tizanidine in half (also hit hard by first pass metabolism), but stupidly did not reduce the Nucynta. The pain was definitely subdued, but holy hell I've never been that high in my life. I was slurring my words and stumbling. The husband put me in bed and watched me as I slept for 5 hours straight. My pain was still gone when I finally woke up. I took my usual nighttime extended release nucynta before bed, and another 100mg extended release when I woke up today. After an hour or so I decided the pain wasn't dampened enough with that, so I plugged 1/2 of a tizanidine 4mg along with ONE Nucynta 50mg. Pulverized em with a pill crusher, mixed with a few ml of water, and ushered it in the back door with a needleless 5ml syringe.
I think I may go back to all immediate release. I am amazed at how well the half-doses work from behind!

I have IVed and plugged tapentadol 100 mg pills. same ingredient as nucynta.

It has some very good psychedelic properties. If you lay down and close your eyes you will see insane shit with your eyes closed. Similar to a DXM trip.

Other times I'm nodding on it and each nod I have a full hallucination that I think is real like being somewhere else and I've even started talking while nodding thinking it was real.

Its a crazy drug for sure.