• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Anti-inflammatory effect of Cannabis vs. NSAID

mr nobody

Greenlighter
How strong is the Anti-inflammatory effect of Cannabis compared to NSAID ?

Last edited:
Not comparable at all, NSAIDS are much stronger. Cannabis will do a little bit, but when it comes to injury care if I need to reduce inflammation I will take an ibuprofen, and then some tokes to take care of the discomfort more than anything.

I find that turmeric is the best anti inflammatory. I live with chronic thoracic pain in my spine and it definitely helps and is really healthy too. When I smoke pot I notice no difference in my pain. If anything it gets worse if I smoke a ton and start coughing. Love my herb though, helped me detox off heroin.

That’s interesting! I’d always heard that cannabis was best for nerve pain but not so good for other kinds. :p I guess that is not always the case.

Not comparable at all, NSAIDS are much stronger. Cannabis will do a little bit, but when it comes to injury care if I need to reduce inflammation I will take an ibuprofen, and then some tokes to take care of the discomfort more than anything.

Just like he said, I would advise you also to just take some ibuprofen and then really just toke as much as you need too for the discomfort side.

That?€™s interesting! I?€™d always heard that cannabis was best for nerve pain but not so good for other kinds. :p I guess that is not always the case.

Chronic pain is notoriously difficult to treat. The only thing that "works" for me is heroin, so I choose to suffer instead as heroin addiction is much worse and ruins me. The herb helps me deal with pain mentally but doesn't block any pain signals at all. All the health supplements I take with my healthy diet and good sleep helps way more and I like natural anti inflammatories.