• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Solpadeine Max CWE (codeine)

raphaelvize

Bluelighter
Hi I was wandering if it would be possible to CWE solpadeine max. It's an OTC preparation in the uk and the strongest codeine pills you can get otc (12.8mg codeine/500mgAPAP).

The reason I'm asking is that they have a red coating on the pills, so I'm nervous that it might mess up the CWE somehow or make it more difficult.

I'll probably try do it anyway but I'm just making sure that it's not definitely going to be a waste of money (they cost £6.49 for 30tablets).

Thank you very much

:)

We can potentially provide some more help if you tell us all of the ingredients, both active and inactive in your pills. They should all be listed on the outside of the box, but I've never run into Codeine pills that did not properly extract.

Thanks for replying so fast!

Here is the list of ingredients I copied from the online leaflet:

Active ingredients: Each tablet contains Paracetamol 500 mg and Codeine Phosphate Hemihydrate 12.8 mg.

Other ingredients: Starch pregelatinised, povidone, potassium sorbate (E 202), maize starch, talc, magnesium stearate, stearic acid, microcrystalline cellulose, croscarmellose sodium, lactose monohydrate, hypromellose, macrogol, quinoline yellow (E 104), erythrosine (E 127) and titanium dioxide (E 171).

Hey there and thank you as well for your prompt reply!

From what I can tell, based upon my limited knowledge, is that you should be able to use the standard Cold Water Extraction on these pills without incident, provided you are using the resultant substance orally. Ingredients like Titanium are especially dangerous to inject, but injection is typically contraindicated with Codeine anyway.

^ injecting a CWE extraction is impractical (injecting >20 ml of liquid??) and dangerous to start with. It should only be taken orally. As long as your Solpadeine does not contain caffeine (the one around here does, which makes it useless), the CWE should work without any problems as long as you succeed in dissolving the pills. The red coating should have no effect.

I'm sure OP intends to use orally. I didn't see anything remotely hinting at IVing his extraction.

Good To know HR concerning this though I suppose.

Thanks guys for the infomation :) I'm going to try it, hopefully it works. And don't worry I know not to inject codein haha.

Cheers!

I'm sure OP intends to use orally. I didn't see anything remotely hinting at IVing his extraction.

Good To know HR concerning this though I suppose.

You never know guys. It's just good to cover all bases even if it seems a little bit out of left field. Codeined actually can be injected and I've even done it, but it typically causes a great deal of allergic reaction and potential anaphylaxis. At the very least, it gave me very severe hives and itches. Given the dosages that would be required for a seasoned addict, the route is totally contraindicated and could easily kill in high(er) dosages.

Last edited:
sorry i'm a bit late to the party but yes, you can cwe these pills - the water will be red but that's just the dye in the pills
solpadeine max where the first pills i ever successfully cwe'd!

I find, that removing most of the red coating by washing the whole tablets in cold water makes it far less cloudy and helps loads at filter time.