Major UK Raid on DNP Supplier

CFC

Bluelight Crew
A series of stories on DNP tonight:

UK raids uncover suspected suppliers of deadly diet drug

Exclusive: US bodybuilding star and an ex-conman are linked to UK sales of the toxic diet drug DNP following searches on premises in Cumbria

A series of raids in northern England has uncovered an operation suspected of selling a deadly fat-burning chemical used by bodybuilders that has killed eight young people in Britain in the last two years.

Around 11 kilos of the chemical 2,4-dinitrophenol, known as DNP, was found last month at premises in Wigton, Cumbria, alongside other legal supplements and equipment that could be used for making tablets.

The premises are believed to be used by a company called Enhanced Athlete Europe, set up by a flamboyant ex-lawyer turned bodybuilding star who calls himself Dr Huge and has his own YouTube channel on which he extols the virtues of “the world’s most dangerous fat loss drug”.

DNP is a fertiliser that can be used in explosives. Because it is not intended for human consumption, it is not regulated by the drug licensing authority but by the Food Standards Agency (FSA). The raid last month was led by their National Food Crime Unit.

Rest of story here:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2017/oct/13/uk-raids-suspected-suppliers-of-deadly-diet-drug-dnp

Followed by:

'Dr Huge': the champion of dangerous weight-loss drug DNP

Former US champion bodybuilder, Charles ‘Dr Huge’ Hughes and convicted fraudster, Scott Cavell, market the deadly pills online through their company Enhanced Athlete

https://www.theguardian.com/society...d-uk-sales-of-dangerous-bodybuilding-drug-dnp

And then:
'I felt like I was burning up from the inside out': what are the effects of DNP?

Eight people have died in Britain in the last two years taking the drug. Other users have said it left them sweating, faint and unable to function

https://www.theguardian.com/society...om-the-inside-out-what-are-the-effects-of-dnp

Is this a matter of doses being too high or is the drug just inherently dangerous?

It's therapeutic index (as such) is very narrow, the LD50 being relatively close to effective doses. As much as I like using it, I do agree that in the hands of probably 50% of people, you're asking for trouble.

It's therapeutic index (as such) is very narrow, the LD50 being relatively close to effective doses. As much as I like using it, I do agree that in the hands of probably 50% of people, you're asking for trouble.

As a positive: Helps decrease the surplus population of idiots... :)

^what he said. Relatively narrow window and given how the average person handles things...wouldn't trust many people with it. Luckily it's not crazy easy to get so the ones that do get it generally tend to know what they are doing.

Is it actually illegal to sell? I hate to say it because people have died, but you need to do your own homework and not just blindly follow some dude on the internet.

Yeah, very much so. It has legal uses in agriculture (pest control), which is why it can be difficult to police.

That entire Enhanced Athlete channel is so ridiculous and ya, they absolutely use sex appeal to promote reckless PED use. I watch it occasionally because it is actually cool to see them traveling the world and they do sometimes have good info (there operation is to really come across like they are knowledge about steroids, only to hype up the SARMs they sell with false promises). But ya, it's so cringe worthy that it actually can be funny. The video where he got some random ladyboy in Thailand to inject him on camera actually did make me laugh.

dont believe this media bullshit dnp is safe, the acute ld50 is like 30x the dose needed to completely crush any other option we have available, it was shown to prolong life-span and revert diabetes/NAFLD in small doses, if you're not a couch potato you can lose 10 pounds in 3-4 days without even noticing sides...

DNP does have some potentially favourable therapeutic uses.

However the LD50 is approximately 15-40mg/kg. That would be 750mg-2000mg for a 50kg woman, and 1500mg-4000mg for a 100kg male bodybuilder.

In other words, an ill-informed person, or one using inaccurately labelled capsules, could very easily hit the LD50 and kill themselves. And then of course there's the very long half-life to complicate things further and dramatically increase the risk.

Also, nobody losing 10lbs in 3-4 days isn't going to notice the sides. The sides are bloody unpleasant even at mild doses.

DNP does have some potentially favourable therapeutic uses.

However the LD50 is approximately 15-40mg/kg. That would be 750mg-2000mg for a 50kg woman, and 1500mg-4000mg for a 100kg male bodybuilder.

In other words, an ill-informed person, or one using inaccurately labelled capsules, could very easily hit the LD50 and kill themselves. And then of course there's the very long half-life to complicate things further and dramatically increase the risk.

Also, nobody losing 10lbs in 3-4 days isn't going to notice the sides. The sides are bloody unpleasant even at mild doses.
those LD50 numbers you quote are for acute not chronic exposure

I just lost 10lbs in 3 days man, didn`t change my diet or exercise...I did frontload 800 then 200, 300 and thats a very low dose

Cutting & Tainter reported no uncomfortable sides up to 300-400 in the early trials where they gave it to thousands of people for as long as a whole year

talking about this, its is estimated that half a million + used it just in america till the 30's, do you know how many died from dnp in 100 years? you can count on your fingers
clenbuterol kills thousands every year, causes heart problem etc
dnp is miles safer than clen or thyroid hormones/amphetamines(which are prescribed for obesity today)

I just lost 10lbs in 3 days man, didn`t change my diet or exercise...I did frontload 800 then 200, 300 and thats a very low dose

Cutting & Tainter reported no uncomfortable sides up to 300-400 in the early trials where they gave it to thousands of people for as long as a whole year

talking about this, its is estimated that half a million + used it just in america till the 30's, do you know how many died from dnp in 100 years? you can count on your fingers
clenbuterol kills thousands every year, causes heart problem etc
dnp is miles safer than clen or thyroid hormones/amphetamines(which are prescribed for obesity today)

You seem to be trying very hard to downplay it's obvious dangers. Why?

Most people who use DNP don't die, quite clearly. That doesn't make it 'safe' in the sense that we're discussing here. That doesn't reduce it's LD50. And chronic dosing would be more dangerous because of DNPs extremely long half-life, unless you're privy to some special insight I'm not aware of?

You say you lost 10lbs in three days. Most of that will be glycogen and water (depletion) that you'll regain shortly. You may have lost a pound or two of pure fat though, sure.

As for it having no sides used at 300-400mg - LOL. Don't try and push that bs here please. I've been using it since 2002, on myself and many others, and I know exactly what it feels like, as do they. If you don't feel even a little crappy on those doses, you're eating a lot of yellow food-coloured flour.

You seem to be trying very hard to downplay it's obvious dangers. Why?

Most people who use DNP don't die, quite clearly. That doesn't make it 'safe' in the sense that we're discussing here. That doesn't reduce it's LD50. And chronic dosing would be more dangerous because of DNPs extremely long half-life, unless you're privy to some special insight I'm not aware of?

You say you lost 10lbs in three days. Most of that will be glycogen and water (depletion) that you'll regain shortly. You may have lost a pound or two of pure fat though, sure.

you body can only store 5 pounds of glycogen

As for it having no sides used at 300-400mg - LOL..

thats documented in the trials, let me help ya:

It may be concluded from the results of experiments on a normal balanced diet that a 40 per cent increase in metabolism caused by dini? trophenol did not significantly modify the nitrogen or acid-base balance or cause unpleasant symptoms.
(Tainter, 1933)
If the basal metabolic rate rises less than 30 or 40 per cent there is little reaction except peripheral vasodilatation, and a slight increase in respiratory minute-volume. A greater elevation produces uncomfortable heat and sweating.
-Simkins, 1937
The effect of the drug in therapeutic usage was
best determined by making measurements of the basal
metabolic rate. Discomfort or toxic symptoms did not occur
when the basal rate was maintained between plus 30 and
plus 50.

WD Horner - 1941

Ive used it in myself and MANY others also, up to a gram per day, sure a 110% increase in metabolism is dangerous but nobody needs that, the maximum you can get from thyroid is 20-30%, clen is 5-10% and you'll get heart problems with both of these while DNP is not toxic to any organ

Last edited:
I can feel the effects as low as 125-250/day. At 250 it flattened me the fuck out, forget pancake flat I was paper flat. Then that lovely water retention it gives makes you soft looking. Not to mention my body temperature is already higher than the average 98.6 (I run at about 99.4-99.6 normally) so I became a walking furnace drenched in sweat 24/7. I think 250mg brought my body temp to 100.5 or so. I could've went higher but I worked in a plant without AC and it was summer (90+F everyday) so risk if heat stroke was real and I could barely stay hydrated drinking 1.5 gallons a day. Not to mention the amount of sodium and potassium I had to supplement because of the sweating. If I ever cut in the cooler months I'd definitely try it at the 300-400mg dose for a week or so once the initial glycogen and water fall off.

You're kind of irritating me as, largely, I've been pretty supportive of DNP use on here over the years, and open to sensible discussion. In contrast to pretty much everywhere else. You would know this if you bothered to search. However you started your crusade with this load of unscientific tosh:

dont believe this media bullshit dnp is safe, the acute ld50 is like 30x the dose needed to completely crush any other option we have available,

Which you haven't backed up at all (because you know it's complete nonsense). Rather you stated:

Which automatically implies you really don't understand this very well. The ease with which one can overdose (and have done so) was, quite patently, the main issue at stake here. This is a harm reduction website, and blatant promotion of something which can so easily kill is not going to happen.

However, you've now decided to try to 'win' your case for DNP's apparent safety with the non-sequitur that 300-400mg for two weeks causes no discomfort. This convinces me that either (a) you sell this stuff or (b) you have no experience whatsoever (or (c) both I guess).

I suppose if you dose that way and insist on almost zero carbs (with maybe a little fructose), then the sweating and heat won't be too uncomfortable. Doing a cycle in winter can help too. However the lethargy will still be pretty bloody obvious. Meanwhile you can resolve the lethargy by eating more carbs, but the sweatiness and heat symptoms aren't so great on doing so. You should know this if you're as knowledgeable as you claim.

Unfortunately, the studies you picked from the 1930s (and I have many more than you there on DNP, some which would help your case a little more actually) don't state what 'unpleasant' or 'discomfort' actually refer to. Unpleasant in what sense? Discomfort compared to what? Burning in a concentration camp? Depression famine? What's considered discomfort has changed a lot in the last 80 years. A lot of people using just T3+4 or clen experience discomfort from the heat and sweat (without the lethargy), so something boosting metabolism that much is certainly not going to feel better, particularly given the mechanism by which it does so (uncoupling) which causes a lot of lethargy.

And as for your 10lbs loss in 3 days on 1.3g total - shut the fuck up noob.