• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Has anyone had this problem?

George1012

Bluelighter
I can't control my thoughts when I get high. One of two things always happens when I smoke. Sometimes my mind really opens up and I become creative, more cerebral and deeper in thought and experience nostalgia from weird times of my life I couldn't think of if I was sober. Its really weird. This is the experience I aim for having but most of the time the opposite happens. My mind will just collapse in on itself like a black hole. This is when I lose control over my thoughts and emotions. At that point I can't tell if I'm enjoying the experience or not. I just feel so delirious in kind of a lazy tired way. I started having this problem after starting up again after quitting last year for four months. Before that quit weed was always reakkt fun for the most part. Now I go into a deep dark blur and can't tell what's going on in my mind if that makes sense. Possibly strain related I don't know. My bud guy told me I need to smoke more but I'm thinking of cutting way back. I just took a small break of about nine days then tried again, hoping that would restore the fresh feeling but it was even worse after so I'm thinking if just not doing it anymore at least for awhile. I have never been a 'heavy' smoker. I usually don't take more then a couple of pipe hits each session and I let at least 3-4 hours go by before smoking more so my high has had a chance to come down. Has anyone had this problem and why?

Try meditation as a way to clear your mind and try not to smoke when you have a lot going on. I've had similar issues like how you describe and they seem more prominent when I already have a lot of heavy thoughts before I smoke.

I also found that if I just sit back and observe the thoughts instead of trying to control or attach to them it is easier. Kinda like watching a movie.

Yeah I think racing thoughts are pretty common. I used to get it all the time and I think it's visible in others who smoke. I think it's partially a product to how it impairs the short term memory. A lack of broader focus and being easily distracted seem to translate into racing thoughts, or vice versa. I highly doubt that it is strain related and I don't think that smoking more would solve your problem, unless a higher tolerance resulting in less sensitivity can be considered a solution.

Wild and crazy thoughts are very usual. Like ChipTrippyFox said, try meditation before you smoke to help clear your mind from all the heavy and intense thoughts you may have at the time.

I will give meditation a try. I did something similar once awhile ago. I went on a four day trip to california and couldn't smoke for that time, then came back and started fresh and decided to just observe rather then control and it went great. I've been off of weed now for almost five days. Before that I smoked for like two days after a nine day break so it should feel pretty fresh. I've had more days off then on this month of October. Also managed to quit smoking cigarettes. Feeling very clear headed and a lot better then I have in a long time.

Meditation helps a ton. Just sit down, close your eyes, and focus on your breaths. Helps clear your thoughts.

Last edited:
A few things that impact one's experience is the place, the time, and your experiences that day. I never really get bored smoking in the same two places, my house and the wideness by my house, because every day is different. It would be fun to try mixing it up and going somewhere different, maybe even after a short t-break for an intense experience. I've had a few short breaks over the last month and its helped clear my mind. When I try to sit completely still smoking two things happen, either begin passing out or I get paranoid about something and have to get up and pace. Sitting still is harder to do then I thought lol.