• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Pain relief for migraines

Tatter93

Greenlighter
I am not even sure how to say this and it make any sense lol. I’ve suffered from migraines for the last 12 years I’m 24 now and they are almost always so bad I end up in the er for them the only thing that helps the pain and doesn’t cause rebounds is Dilaudid, I’m 5’4 and 115 lbs and For some reason I have to get enough to knock a horse out before it even touches the pain I’ve expressed this over and of to my pain management dr (he did two nerve blocks and when they didn’t help he said there was nothing more he could try) my neurologist and regular Pcp act as if I should get relief with Tylenol or tramadol. Is that normal for a pain management dr to not prescribe pain pills? My mom is an addict and is a to find dilaudid pills for me once in a blue moon to keep me from getting judged at the er! Does anyone else have this hard of a time getting what you need? I guess I’m afraid to come out and ask or tell doctors what works because I don’t want to come off as a junkie. Thanks.

Really, I've heard incredible things as well about the use of psychedelic mushrooms for chronic migraines and other headache disorders like "Cluster Headaches". I would really suggest doing some research into the topic. Do you or would you have the ability to acquire mushrooms if you decided to go that route OP? I'm sure others have seen the "Drugs Inc." episode, but in it, there was a subject from Texas; typical, conservative, straight-laced guy who suffered from these cluster headaches. The commentators seemed to think it was among the most painful conditions known to man and the pain would often be so severe, that the guy would need supplemental oxygen to keep from passing out from hyperventilation.

Well, this guy, who had tried everything, eventually resorted to trying mushrooms. Being in his "social circle", he had no way of acquiring them so he just grew them himself. I actually didn't know how simply the process was, but he only needed to trip once every few weeks to completely eliminate his headaches. For the record, he didn't enjoy tripping from the mushrooms, but the treatment completely changed his life.

You'll have to exhaust the more traditional ways of dealing with chronic migraine before you'll get opiates on a regular basis. Testosterone injections got rid of my daily migraines.

^For the record, it's been found that Opioids are generally not an effective treatment for headache disorders. There was a time when drugs like Butorphanol (Stadol), a mixed-opioid agonist generally taken intranasally and Fioricet (Butalbital,NSAID) a barbiturate were used frequently for these purposes, but it has been found that the use of these drugs, while effective in the short-term, can and does typically lead to more severe symptoms on the rebound.

I suffer from migraines and caffeine tends to help me if I can get it into my system as soon as I feel the migraine approaching. To be honest I've actually given myself migraines from taking synthetic opiates. Suboxone used to give me paralyzing migraines.

Ive also tried botox injections to prevent migraines.

I get bad ones where i cant even see. Opiates seem to make it worse. If you can see the signs before it gets bad then it helps to catch it early. My eyes feel like they are swolen and it moves back from there. Exedrin maximum strength helps and maybe have a cup of coffee with it. Keep things dark. I like to take a benzo if its real bad. Doesn't help the pain but helps relax you while you are wating for the exedrin. Having a tention headache with the migrain sucks. Also drink lots of water.

I've suffered with migraines since I was a youngster and they could be absolutely debilitating! Many moons later I've developed a sort of "go to" when I'm sure one is coming on. I'll take 800mg of ibuprofen, 200mg of caffeine and an Aleve (the ones with mostly pseudoephedrine). This is in addition to my daily pain meds. The only other thing I have found helps is to drink 16 oz of water, I personally like Propels. The main thing is that often headaches and chronic pain can be worsened by dehydration. Typically this will in worst case slow down my headaches and best case will stop it in its tracks. I realize this plan of attack may not be for everyone but it's been developed over decades and has worked pretty well for me so far, knock on wood. Good luck OP!

Edited: I just noticed that Capt Safety and my suggestions have some definite overlap. LOL, great minds think alike.

^Don't worry about it at all man. We actually really appreciate you sharing this sort of thing with the community. In a setting like the world of illegal-drug use, a lot of our knowledge actually comes from a long line of back and forth, conjecture, opinion, debate and argument until we eventually end up with something that we can espouse reasonably and with a clean conscience. We 100% don't mind you just laying out what you do and it's in fact, appreciated.

The thing that we don't like is that when people who are not actually sure about something, claim that they are sure and imply that their information is fact. An individual who knowingly posits information they are unsure of, as fact, in a situation that is very likely potentially deadly, is just not the type of person we want to be a member of Bluelight. This obviously is not a life-threatening situation, but I just wanted to throw that out there, as we've had a recent rash in folks spreading misinformation as fact, arguing and then disappearing. It brings the whole community down, hurts our credibility and can have seriously negative impacts on peoples' lives.