• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

No more sub I'm really done this time

Eg6jbow

Greenlighter
Hey what's up guys I've been here before I couldn't get to feeling better and I'll post it to a feed about getting off Suboxone well I messed up I made it four months relapse and now I'm back on well not this min anyways. Last November I quit taking Suboxone and then I relapsed at the end of March of 2017 so now as of today October 12th 2017 I'm really done. I quit taking it. my last dose was yesterday morning around 12:30pm at around 2mg before I went to work I went to work today and I finished the whole day from 1 p.m. till 10 p.m. I feel like crap but I'm really going to make it through this time. I found a new supplement called dlpa. It's suppose to work wonders. So I'm going to pick it up tomorrow and give it a try and see how it helps so I'm going to check in everyday and give an update on my recovery I think that's where I messed up last time was not talking to nobody so this time I'm going to give a daily update and keep on and try to help as many people as I can along the way. so any support will be amazing and today at work did suck. It was a lot harder than I ever thought it was going to be but I've got a really cool boss and he's going to work with me to stay clean because he knows the whole situation otherwise I cannot still detox and work everyday and that's what I'm going to do but anyways sorry for such the long post about something everybody's heard a million times over I'm just ready to be done. everybody have a good night I'm going to take a hot shower I'll give an up date tomorrow night around this time and let everybody know what's going on if anyone's interested. everybody be safe don't get in trouble and be easy.

You got any comfort meds? Sub withdrawal is brutal because of how long it lasts. If you can find some benzos to help sleep you'll be in a better place. If

I can't imagine what it's like trying to quit subs I hear they are worse than H WD's.

Anyway , good on you OP for kicking them again!!! Sub is a powerful drug and I bet it gets old to be dependent on that shit after so long.....

Let us know how it goes.

I can't imagine what it's like trying to quit subs I hear they are worse than H WD's.

Anyway , good on you OP for kicking them again!!! Sub is a powerful drug and I bet it gets old to be dependent on that shit after so long.....

Let us know how it goes.

Worse is relative. The withdrawal lasts longer but it's not as physically intense generally. Granted it's dose dependant

Let us know how it goes.

I know I'm glad to be off of it. :)

DLPA is unlikely to rock your world OP. As cj asked, do you have any proper comfort meds like clonidine and gabapentin? That are pretty essential meds for buprenorphine withdrawal and any doctor in their right mind would be happy to prescribe them to help you detox. Likewise, what kind of support do you have IRL?

Quitting buprenorphine isn’t easy, but it’s very possible. It was a lot easier than I thought it would be, but it was still difficult, particularly because I didn’t have any real support at the time IRL to help me deal with symptoms.

"particularly because I didn’t have any real support at the time IRL to help me deal with symptoms"

Wow, doesn't this just describe me and my exact situation right now to a T. I'm fucking miserable and I have not sought the help I need yet. I'm stubborn as fuck and try to 'tough it out' which we all know how that works out.

Sometimes I wonder if I should even be where I am, trying to support my mother financially and even working a job AT ALL.

If I don't get some serious professional help soon, I'm fucked.

Sorry to hijack the thread but what tpdog said was pertinent and it just reminds me of how fucked I am by choosing to 'go it alone'.

"particularly because I didn’t have any real support at the time IRL to help me deal with symptoms"

Wow, doesn't this just describe me and my exact situation right now to a T. I'm fucking miserable and I have not sought the help I need yet. I'm stubborn as fuck and try to 'tough it out' which we all know how that works out.

Sometimes I wonder if I should even be where I am, trying to support my mother financially and even working a job AT ALL.

If I don't get some serious professional help soon, I'm fucked.

Sorry to hijack the thread but what tpdog said was pertinent and it just reminds me of how fucked I am by choosing to 'go it alone'.
I can tell you from experience if you don't take care of yourself you'll be no good to anyone after awhile. I don't know the specifics of your situation but I have to believe your mom could be on some social safety net type programs?

Fuck me man! 2 weeks off and no end in sight. Will I ever sleep again? Does this shit ever end? It'd be one thing if the reward was worth the hell of sub withdrawal but it's not even a decent pain med. I don't know what ever made me think getting on subs was a good idea. The withdrawal may not kill you with intensity but it'll wear you down with insomnia and anxiety. You may end up wishing you'd never been born at all.

No comfort meds FLA? They will relieve most of the symptoms pretty effectively.

Fuck me man! 2 weeks off and no end in sight. Will I ever sleep again? Does this shit ever end? It'd be one thing if the reward was worth the hell of sub withdrawal but it's not even a decent pain med. I don't know what ever made me think getting on subs was a good idea. The withdrawal may not kill you with intensity but it'll wear you down with insomnia and anxiety. You may end up wishing you'd never been born at all.

It's tough no doubt. My withdrawal peaked between day 12 and 15 then slowly got better till day 30. The insomnia lingered for a long time though.

Have you tried taking some antihistamines to get sleep?

I would get a benzo prescription, but I know that is a problematic class of drugs for many people.

I was very uncomfortable and suicidal for a while in buprenorphine withdrawal. I hope you feel better soon.

Hey what's up guys day to been pretty rough day my last day it's pretty bad trying to get through it it's it's more of a mental struggle today's and anything. But I've got a good family here my wife supports me very good mentally she takes care of me and make sure that i have anything that I need. And I know how bad the sub withdrawal is I went through it last time and really after the second week around the third week I started getting some sleep and I'm sorry to hear that you're in such a bad place right now as far as to no sleep in the bad anxiety and it's it's rough I do Kno (fla). And yes I will have some clonidine very soon and maybe try to have some kind of benzos to help me but I'm not for sure on the benzos tpdog and it's good to hear from u buddy. But guys I'm going to cut this short tonight I'm going to go ahead and take a shower and hit the sack thanks everybody for all the support and all the comments it's pretty cool

No problem, we are always here whenever you’d like to check in.

And heads up with the antihistamines, they can exacerbate RLS during acute withdrawal. Doxylamine also is far super to DPH IMHO.

Benzos, clonidine and loperamide will help a lot. What benzo do you have?

Sleep well and sweet dreams ;)

Hey guys what's up. It's like 730 am and I've not really had any sleep. I'm feeling the withdrawals alot faster this detox. I really think it's where I have been working and sweating so much. I feel bad but I've felt worse. Well I'm gonna try to lay back down I've been doing research and looking online trying to ware my brain out. I've had a couple yawns but it's probably just the withdrawals lol I'll know soon enough. Sorry for rambling on guys. I hope everyone has a great day today.

Late night walks were my go to during my methadone kick. I loved late night/early morning hikes.

How is the RLS?

Taking any comfort meds, or have access to any?

Thanks for your support everybody! Even though I don't know you, it makes me happy when I think about you for some reason.

It's been a few days since you've posted so I hope you're doing ok. I have only done short sub tapers but my last experience was about 3 months on subs. Starting at 6mg and ended up tapering down to .5mg before jumping. Since you have access to clonidine and benzos then that should be enough. If not, I have found that Kratom eliminated the majority of my withdrawals. Might be worth a shot if you still aren't feeling good even with the supplemented comfort meds. I would recommend using it no longer than a few weeks.