• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dexamphetamine dosage and whether or not to snort?

isaaccain

Bluelighter
I have the 5mg Amfexa brand if anyone cares. They look alright to be fair with their triangle shaped quarter things and they're probably the most interesting looking pill I've ever got from a pharmacy, good conversation starter and that, but they're rock solid. Usually to snort a pill I just roll a mug over it but this pretty much needs to be tempered over a few hours and it takes forever to crush up. I heard that the oral BA of dexamphetamine is actually ~75%, and it doesn't get much higher than that, not nasally anyway, so I figured it's probably fine to just take them but any other opinion on the matter is appreciated.

And how much should I be taking? I snorted 15mg over about 40 minutes, then swallowed 5 mg about half an hour later, then sniffed another about an hour later and another 30 minutes later or so. I felt a really really really subtle high when the one I took orally kicked in but that was about it, so I need some help. I looked on tripsit but they don't have nasal doses and I think they're referring to therapeutic doses so I need advice there.

And finally, I've spent the last two weeks or so using methylphenidate both as instructed or recreationally, and now I've got all this speed that I honestly don't know what to do with, and then I've got to take pills on Saturday (well not got to but you know), so I thought with all these stimulants how easy would it be to get some kind of amphetamine psychosis? I feel like because I barely eat anything when I've taken pretty much any stimulant and since last time I was anorexic I didn't really cope well mentally, so I figured the combination of lack of food + a couple of stimulants could lead to a bad state mentally quite soon. I don't know anything about the psychosis I just know it says on the leaflet that only with extended abuse and severe overdose. How long is 'extended abuse', though?

Last edited:
my advice would be to forgo snorting these because it's basically pointless, at 5mg a pop you're just gonna screw up your sinuses before getting off quicker. i've been there with 10mg dexies and it was the usual waste of time. just eat em. sad but true.

as for stimulant psychosis, amphetamine will deplete your dopamine, which i think would lead to psychosis faster, but really i'd worry about going days without sleep and the associated malnourishment and dehydration. not sure what stimulant psychosis is caused by but i don't think it's any one thing, could also include associated neurotoxicity (which amphetamines will cause, but not methylphenidate). but your 'bad state mentally' is onto something: abusing stimulants will certainly lead you to a state of depression, based on any number of causes, both physical and psychological. please allow yourself some time to come down and get some sleep, a few days to build up dopamine, before going on. 'extended abuse' can mean 3 days for some people and 17 for others, it just depends on how you respond to this type of abuse. good luck amigo

my advice would be to forgo snorting these because it's basically pointless, at 5mg a pop you're just gonna screw up your sinuses before getting off quicker. i've been there with 10mg dexies and it was the usual waste of time. just eat em. sad but true.

as for stimulant psychosis, amphetamine will deplete your dopamine, which i think would lead to psychosis faster, but really i'd worry about going days without sleep and the associated malnourishment and dehydration. not sure what stimulant psychosis is caused by but i don't think it's any one thing, could also include associated neurotoxicity (which amphetamines will cause, but not methylphenidate). but your 'bad state mentally' is onto something: abusing stimulants will certainly lead you to a state of depression, based on any number of causes, both physical and psychological. please allow yourself some time to come down and get some sleep, a few days to build up dopamine, before going on. 'extended abuse' can mean 3 days for some people and 17 for others, it just depends on how you respond to this type of abuse. good luck amigo

all you need to know^

Yeah, after experimenting a bit more I've decided that snorting is useless. There really isn't any better of a rush to speak of and for the size of the pill it must be about 700mg worth of fillers. So taking them orally, what dose would you recommend? On Friday I took 20mg orally and sniffed 5mg an hour later and then I went to a party and sniffed another 5mg about an hour after the first re dose. I actually felt pretty fucked and it was better than I expected and really chill and I had a pretty decent body high similar to MDMA but in a much less excited way. Everyone knew I was high when I got there That would be fine but again today I took 20mg orally and snorted 5mg straight after, then another 5mg about 40 minutes later and felt barely anything, so I ate another about an hour and a half ago and still barely anything, just a really subtle body high and I keep moving my head like when you're proper on it and can't keep your head up, but not really that noticeable like on Friday.

About stimulant psychosis, I don't know if I experienced a very mild type yesterday and the day before, but basically I was at a party on Friday, was sober by 11:30 and sniffed half a Levi (they're meant to contain 250mg of MDMA for reference, but I mean they're probably just really cut with other amphetamines/NBOMe/whatever) and then took the other half a bit later. I took another Levi at 4:30 Saturday morning and then I left to go home (just saying so you can gauge if this is a lot of amphetamines to be taking in one night since I don't really know). I was on it until about 10 and was seeing shit and hearing voices and all sorts. I was watching '12 Angry Men' and spent the entire film trying to figure out if it was in colour or not because random items would just be in colour, but apparently I was hallucinating. I tried to go to bed about 11 and was seeing things when I closed my eyes. Sometimes it was a bit psychedelic, sometimes it was just stupid things and sometimes I thought I in a completely different place. I was talking to a friend and every know and then would say some shit like 'No, the answer's B' because I thought I was taking a chemistry test. When I got my head down at 11ish I was hearing voices. I could identify them all as mates of mine and there was a weird sound that was like rushing water mixed with a train in the background. Same thing happened when I was going to sleep later Saturday night, then Sunday I was really depressed but much less severe hallucinations and today I feel alright. Do you think that was sleep depravation? I've hallucinated from MDMA before but never about 20 hours after. Can I get around all this shit by just leaving a three days between taking dexamphetamine and like a week in between taking MDMA? I think I'd be close to a psychotic breakdown anyway, even without the pills. Psychosis runs in the family as well. There was a girl who went properly mental over the weekend, actual stimulant psychosis. I don't know if she'd been on it for days or something but I'm just a bit worried that that'll be me sooner or later. Is three days enough to recover?

...but again today I took 20mg orally and snorted 5mg straight after, then another 5mg about 40 minutes later and felt barely anything, so I ate another about an hour and a half ago and still barely anything, just a really subtle body high and I keep moving my head like when you're proper on it and can't keep your head up, but not really that noticeable like on Friday.

That's kind of how these meds just work. I suspect your first(?) trial with mainly nasal ROA resulted in very poor absorption and when you took most of it orally, you had double, maybe even triple levels of dex in your blood. Basically what you experienced was a side-effect that is impossible to sustain in the long run. Even if you were to double your dose every day you still probably wouldn't feel same effects as you did on the first day.

Honestly, I believe they can be a really helpful tool when used medically, proper dosing and all. To me recreational use like this feels a bit like waste, but to each his own I suppose, in which case I would definitely avoid the whole "just keep increasing dosage until the script runs out and tolerance is way out of control" route. Something like, once a week (6 days off works great, but 2-3 days is better than 0 too) while taking whatever recreational dose you feel comfortable with.

The dex sure seems to be working for you though, even if you don't get the 'feeling high' side effect, just by comparing the lengths of paragraphs in your posts :p