Can Vyvanse Be Used As A Performance Enhancing Drug?

TheCollegeTweaker

Greenlighter
I've been taking 50mg Vyvanse for almost a month now and am curious as to whether there are any performance enhancing qualities that I could get from the drug. If I took it with a preworkout supplement an hour before going to the gym what could I expect? Better Endurance? The ability to lift a slightly heavier load?

Just Curious

It's a CNS stimulant, absolutely. Same reason collegiate, pro, and Olympic athletes will often compete stimmed out on anything from amphetamines to much more obscure stimulants

Usually, this is an easy no, but the question is typically more in regards to nootropics and whether or not vyvanse is one. However, your question is a little different. Amphetamines will not make your body capable of anything it isn't currently capable of, i.e. lifting slightly heavier loads. It will, however, decrease your sense of fatigue, so you just won't notice yourself getting tired. Do you consider that performance-enhancing? If vyvanse is performance enhancing, then so is caffeine in that sense.

Lol what...caffeine is absolutely performance enhancing and has been proven undoubtly to be so. Why do you think it is on the NCAA ban list? Both of them will absolutely increase power output as well as decrease a sense of fatigue. Amphetamines will 100% make you capable of things you are not typically able to do

Lol what...caffeine is absolutely performance enhancing and has been proven undoubtly to be so. Why do you think it is on the NCAA ban list? Both of them will absolutely increase power output as well as decrease a sense of fatigue. Amphetamines will 100% make you capable of things you are not typically able to do
For me I have to find the right level of stimulation or else I feel weak. Too much caffeine and sure I'm primed for explosive movements but the power in them is diminished. Also let's not forget stimulants restrict blood flow to extremities. Decreased blood flow means decreased performance in the long term. I could see it as a dietary aid when calories are restricted but simply using it for a pre workout? Nah. I'd rather use oral aas and some coffee.

I usually use a beta-blocker in the gym lol. Helps bring me down a bit, otherwise I'm way too stimulated.

For me I have to find the right level of stimulation or else I feel weak. Too much caffeine and sure I'm primed for explosive movements but the power in them is diminished. Also let's not forget stimulants restrict blood flow to extremities. Decreased blood flow means decreased performance in the long term. I could see it as a dietary aid when calories are restricted but simply using it for a pre workout? Nah. I'd rather use oral aas and some coffee.

There's definitely a line between performance enhancing and too stimmed out to function well. Coffee and some music is definitely a better long term way to function for workouts

Side note - I'm not recommending amphetamines or vyvanse but it most definitely can be used to enhance performance

So if I was to take... let's say 100mg of Vyvanse along with 200mg of caffeine and my normal pre-workout stack. This would be a good mix or...?

So if I was to take... let's say 100mg of Vyvanse along with 200mg of caffeine and my normal pre-workout stack. This would be a good mix or...?

Why do you want to? If it's every day training, I'd say it's stupid. If you're a college athlete at regional or NCCA championships, then fuck yeah throw it back and rip some best times/PR's or whatever. For every day training it will already be in your system if prescribed. Drink some coffee

Why do you want to? If it's every day training, I'd say it's stupid. If you're a college athlete at regional or NCCA championships, then fuck yeah throw it back and rip some best times/PR's or whatever. For every day training it will already be in your system if prescribed. Drink some coffee
This is probably the best advice lol. There is no reason to risk harming your body during training. So many people hurt themselves training and then never get where they want to be because of an injury that was completely avoidable if they had just taken care of themselves. I feel like vyvanse might effect your judgement and might lead you to consistently strain your body, in which case you will definitely be harming yourself.