• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Creating alprazolam liquid solution

cutlery69

Bluelighter
I recently acquired 80mg of alprazolam powder from a fairly reliable source. I am currently going through methadone withdrawal, and I know I shouldn't be switching one addiction for another, but I'm not going to be taking it all the time or anything. I just need something for the nights that I lay awake in bed all night.

Now, I'm only going to be taking it orally. The thing with this powder is to measure out a dose (1-2mg) is next to impossible. I have a milligram scale, but ironically it has an error margin of 1-2mg. I did weigh the powder on the scale to ensure it was 80mg. My first thought was to make a liquid solution, something I had easily done many times before. However, I soon discovered that alprazolam isn't water soluble. My only options were this PG stuff that I couldn't find, 99% ISOP which I don't have nor am I comfortable consuming, or as a last resort 40% alcohol.

So I got a jar an poured in my 80mg of powder. I found on the internet that alpraz is soluble at 2mg/mL with 99/100% alcohol. Since my alcohol is 40% I multiply 0.4 by 2 and end up with 0.8mg/mL. 80/0.8=100mL. I have, however, on various webpages seen the solubility range from 1-3mg/mL and sometimes even higher. To be safe, I add 120mL of 40% (80 proof) vodka to the jar.

I have also read that when using "weak" 40% alcohol that heat should be added to aid in the absorption. I warm up some water on the stove (not until boiling point) and add 80mL to the jar. I give the jar a light shake every once in a while. The jar now contains 180mL of liquid. I also leave the jar in the hot water pot for 5-10 minutes to add even more heat.

I, like everyone, absolutely hate the taste of alprazolam powder. I also hate the taste of hard liquor. I use an eye dropper to drop a couple drops in my mouth and the stuff is absolutely horrid, almost making me sick. I decide to dilute it with some fruit juice. I meant only to pour in a few splashes but my hands slipped and I almost doubled the contents of the jar. The total liquid in the jar was now up to 350mL.

Now I have my solution made. My only question is, when I calculate dosage, do I only include the amount of alcohol in the jar? Or do I include the entire liquid contents of the jar?

If I take into account only the alcohol that I added, first I must remember that I added 120mL of alcohol instead of 100mL. 100/120=0.833 0.833x0.8=0.666mg/mL
So in this case it would be 1mg/1.5mL

OR

Does the alcohol/alpraz dilute with the water/fruit juice? In this case the math would be 100/350=0.285 0.285x0.8=0.228/mL
In this case it would be 1mg/4.4mL

This is a pretty drastic difference and I want to stay safe. Any help is much appreciated!

If I'm following this right (might not be) you had 80mg and its all mixed in 350ml . So to find what each ml has its, (total mg/total solution ml) = x. So it should be 80/350= 0.228mg/ml

That's how I see it...

If your total solution is 350ml then divide by your product. 80÷350=0.22857mg/ml by my calculation. I may be wrong though

^ Yep these are the calculations I came up with. Thanks for the help!

since your question has been answered, I thought I might ask a quick one as to not open a new thread.

I will be making my alp/pg solution as soon as I obtain both products in a few days. I have ton this countless times over 4 years, however not so much in the past year.
In the past I've done straight alp into the pg (no added hot water) anywhere from 1-10mg/ml with complete success. However, it would take a substancial amount of time to dissolve (usually anywhere from 12-24 hours+ even), and I would of course shake the container and also leave on a hot surface like a cable box, video gaming system etc.

I plan to make a 2mg/ml solution, with about 60% pg and %40 hot tap water, with the container shaking. I read a guide that said to microwave the pg to help with dilution. I will probably do that to a small extent with some very hot tap water.

My question is how long should this take to dissolve? the guide said 10mins but I've never even come close to that (and yes it was reputable proper product).

thanks.

^hey cutlery i'm in the exact same boat, in the exact same location almost, just outside Toronto! i'll be finishing my last few mgs of methadone taper in a few weeks and will be using the alp to help wds, though i'd be using the benzo regardless :p how is the methadone wd, and from what mg?

Sorry I can't help you on the dissolving in pg.

That's awesome! I was on 100mg and went down by 2mg/week until I hit 30mg. Then I switched to suboxone 10mg and tapered off that over 2 weeks going down 2mg every 2-3 days. The suboxone taper was much too fast, I went through terrible withdrawal. The worst part was the back pain. After a couple weeks when most of the physical withdrawal symptoms were pretty much gone, the back pain never seemed to go away. Finally after 5 weeks off of methadone/suboxone it went away, but ironically, that's when PAWS started to hit me.

I'm currently on my 42nd clean day. I got hit with some nasty depression and insomnia the last few days but I'm feeling much better today. It feels so good not to have to go to a clinic every week to take a piss test and wait around for an appointment. I've gone through heroin withdrawal but doing this was much, much worse.

So how are you doing? What dose are you down to? How fast are you going down?

wow that's quite the horror story I was not hoping to hear lol, though that was an extremely fast taper as you said. I am currently on 6mg of methadone, down from 120mg about 6 years ago. I'm thinking about going down as fast as 1mg per week once I start taking the alp as to not run out before I stop taking the methadone completely. I've experienced methadone withdrawal a few times (once 45mg while also experiencing ridiculous benzo wd as well, needless to say seizures ensured) so I know you're gain, hope you're starting to do better. Hence why I feel preparation and more importantly proper execution is key.

how would you feel the alp helped during complete abstinence of opiates, and at what point of the opiate withdrawal did you start and stop using the benzos? and what dosage?

if you are not familiar with benzo withdrawal it can be very similar to opiate withdrawal, with even worse insomnia!

Be careful adding heat, you might distill off some of the alcohol and lower the percentage. If I were you I would thoroughly mix this solution before every dose, if you see any powder at the bottom do not consume.

Yeah I'd just take it nice and slow. It's temping to want to get it over with quickly but you'll just make it harder on yourself.
I actually didn't have any benzos for the withdrawal. I only acquired some about a week ago. I wish I had them though, the RLS and insomnia was absolutely excruciating. For the first week or so I would be lying in bed literally banging my legs together to try to tire them out. The only way I could get to sleep was to take a hot half-hour bath before bed but I still never slept more than 3-4 hours.
I was a benzo addict before I was an opiate addict, so yeah I know how bad benzo withdraw can be. The anxiety, restlessness and insomnia are worse than the methadone withdrawal. I used benzos for a couple years, at the end I was sometimes taking 3-4 xanax bars each day. I essentially used opiates to deal with the benzo withdrawal, but clearly it didn't work out so well.

Also thank you falsified. I'll keep that in mind.