Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CFC

Bluelight Crew
Season 2 is due to be released on the 27th. Can't wait. I really enjoyed season 1, hopefully they manage to keep it fresh and interesting.

Yeah Stranger Things is very, very good. I can't wait for the next season.

Was reading about how the girl 'Eleven' actually had to shave her hair for the original series (and presumably this one... although, then again, maybe not?), just the other day. Pretty intense stuff for an 11/12 year old girl.

Yeah it looks like there's a bunch of shows returning in October.

I remember watching this with zero expectations, I just saw it pop up on Netflix and figured what the hell.. talk about a tour de force. Can't wait for the next season.

I found Stranger Things very derivative, but extremely entertaining. The soundtrack is second to none for recent television imo.

However, I felt the first season was wrapped up decently enough that a second was unwarranted, so I have reservations about where they might go with this.

Ha, it's certainly getting a lot of promo on Netflix now ;)

Just finished watching the 1st episode of the 2nd season. It's off to a great start!
The music is the best! All my fave 80s tunes.

Just saw it too. Good start and it looks like they're going to expand things out too which should be good :)

Just finished the second season.

That was brilliant. I'm satisfied. The music, characters, 80's throwback references.. more then a couple of scenes that gave me chills.

I feel like the third season will have to go in an entirely different direction.. somehow, but i look forward to it.

Phew! Now I don't feel gulty about binge-watching the whole season. Started last night, the show gave me a nightmare, then I finished this afternoon.

I thoroughly enjoyed it! Well done.

I'm through the first two episodes of season 2 now, it's turning out better than I expected 8o

I'm trying to ration myself to only 1 episode per every few days. I'm really enjoying it though, it looks like they've pulled off another superb season, and I see ratings from Metacritic are actually up on the last season.

Just finished last night. The show wrapped up perfectly, no loose ends... yet they threw in a "But maybe... season 3?!" deal at the end and it pisses me off. There's no season 3, not for me.

Great series, but terribly cliche and frustrating at times. Idk why they even brought Sean Astin in, for this season.

Last edited:
^ Because of the 80s/90s nods!!

We are an easily manipulated audience - they're trying to bring out all the guns.

Only watched first episode (am not a Netflix subscriber, so its easier for me and I like to hunt my visual comforts).
It was awesome. Am very smitten with the whole direction - its pure nostalgia =D

I'm trying to ration myself to only 1 episode per every few days. I'm really enjoying it though, it looks like they've pulled off another superb season, and I see ratings from Metacritic are actually up on the last season.

Same - aportioning an episode a week. It's sweet as ;)

The 80s nostalgia was entirely possible without many of the miserable cliches... but heck, why am I complaining? At least Netflix is putting out good material these days, if at times derivative.

^The derivative nature is even mentioned in the show itself. I don't think its trying to conceal its influences, I think its a tribute to 80's shit. I get huge hints of many movies/shows all with a lite-Stephen King veneer. Makes me nostalgic for childhood.

Anyway, I thought Season 1 took a while to get started; in fact, I couldn't get into it at first, gave up halfway. I decided to watch it again after S2 was released and totally loved it this time and so went on to binge season 2 in a day. I thought it was fantastic. As with many, the fucking score is top notch, its exactly the sort of electronic music I listen to and create. Really well done.

I liked the imposing nature of the shadow monster. :)

^The derivative nature is even mentioned in the show itself. I don't think its trying to conceal its influences, I think its a tribute to 80's shit. I get huge hints of many movies/shows all with a lite-Stephen King veneer. Makes me nostalgic for childhood.

Anyway, I thought Season 1 took a while to get started; in fact, I couldn't get into it at first, gave up halfway. I decided to watch it again after S2 was released and totally loved it this time and so went on to binge season 2 in a day. I thought it was fantastic. As with many, the fucking score is top notch, its exactly the sort of electronic music I listen to and create. Really well done.

I liked the imposing nature of the shadow monster. :)

Yes, that was funny. One of the characters mentioned "derivative" in the show when the plot of season 1 was explained. I thought it was a clever way to poke fun at the critics.

You said you get huge hints of many movies/shows, so did I. During episode 3, it really reminded me of The Faculty. I love that movie!

To me it comes across as a cross between Super 8, Twin Peaks, and the X-Files. I recall the scene in which the story is called derivative; calling attention to it as irony isn't an excuse to cop out... oh well, I rest my point.

I liked season 1 better than 2, it felt less forced and carried a better sense of originality.

I agree Swillow, the soundtrack is indeed spot on. I downloaded the soundtrack to the first season when it first came out.

Last edited: