Votes: 3 50.0%
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • ⭐️⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ⭐️

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
In addition to the movie The Faculty, it gave me a Sense8 vibe. I'm a big fan of supernatural shows.

It will be interesting to see where they go from here. The actors are growing up fast. Saw Millie Bobby Brown rapping about Stranger Things on Jimmy Fallon and she looks 20 years old. If you haven't seen it, look up her performance on Fallon. It was great.

I just finished season two as well. They’ve been pretty honest from the beginning how this show is a product of their youth and nostalgia. My brain was firing off every two seconds with “that reminds me of...” or “that’s exactly like what happened in...”. Like others have said, I don’t think plot originality has ever been the shows calling card. It’s the music and the costumes and the references, yes, but it’s also the authenticity and likability of the characters.

But the the show is at a crossroads now. They really do need to mix it up at this point or they risk losing people’s interest. If season 3 is anything remotely like “omg we thought everything was fine but now we have to save will again”, the shows in trouble. The demogorgans aren’t scary anymore, either. They need to transition away from the “aw shucks” vibe of the show. They went as far as they could with the Snow Ball scene at the end. The tone of the show needs to grow and mature at the pace of the cast, and I suspect it will.

And on a a personal note, something good needs to happen to Steve. I’m tired of him constantly getting shit on despite being the nicest and best looking person in Indiana.

Just finished the other night - very good IMO, probably better than s1. I had no idea that Bob was Samise Gangee and didn't recognise him in anything else, so it didn't bother me. Has he played certain roles outside of LOTR which contributed to your thoughts on this CG? Mind is slightly blown that it's him, tbh.

^The derivative nature is even mentioned in the show itself. I don't think its trying to conceal its influences, I think its a tribute to 80's shit. I get huge hints of many movies/shows all with a lite-Stephen King veneer. Makes me nostalgic for childhood.

Anyway, I thought Season 1 took a while to get started; in fact, I couldn't get into it at first, gave up halfway. I decided to watch it again after S2 was released and totally loved it this time and so went on to binge season 2 in a day. I thought it was fantastic. As with many, the fucking score is top notch, its exactly the sort of electronic music I listen to and create. Really well done.

I liked the imposing nature of the ahadow monster. :)

Yeah the score is incredible. Reminded me of Max Cooper - most (all?) of those tracks would make some really nice melodic techno.

Edit: really disliked the cyber punk episode (ep7?) a lot. Very cheesy and tacky, with zero interest in the characters. Seemed like a bit of a weird divergence from the overall vibe and plotline of the season. When I watched ep8 it seemed to just resume exactly where ep7 should have done. Hoping that isn't the direction they take things in season 3.

Last edited:
The duffers seem very receptive to fan criticism. I think they will drop the knock off X-men subplot next season. I hope.

I was disappointed with the second season in the end. It's like they had a list of things to tick off to please everyone, and just rushed through them all in the last few episodes. Was becoming a little too much of a corny pastiche for my liking too.

It seemed like a number of side characters were added for little other reason than to give the season some sort of 'freshness', like Sean Astin's character, or that dickhead dude with the mullet and the daddy issues.

The dickhead dude will blatantly turn into a goodie.

Nancy <3.

nancy.jpg

I can't seem to get past the first 3 episodes... unlike season 1 where I watched it all in two days

I thoroughly enjoyed Season Two. It was certainly a welcome continuation to me. I did feel like the addition of secondary characters seemed a little strange, perhaps out-of-place at first but they grew on me by the end.

As with many, the fucking score is top notch, its exactly the sort of electronic music I listen to and create. Really well done.

I love the soundtrack too - and didn't realise until someone told me last night, but most of the dark analogue synth music throughout the show is by this amazing band Survived (who apparently played in melbourne recently - dammit, i wish i'd known)

I absolutely loved S1. S2 seemed to be a bit of a mix between laying out a grander evil and grasping how to fill a second season with some subplot. This makes me very worried for what we may get for S3 and S4. The 80's sound and feel and look is what made it one of the best shows I've experienced in a long time. But to continue, there needs to be something we can feel connected to (as others note, perhaps central characters growing). I get the addition of new characters, they can add a little more depth and allow a story line to branch, so hopefully they aren't just filler added in. Time will tell, but I feel great concern S3 will be a let down.

I really liked S1. It was like in S2 it went a little downhill. That said, I'm looking forward to S3.

Season 1 was good, not great... I lost interest with season 2.

Eleven is an annoying character. The stuff with Winona Ryder and the Christmas lights / melting telephone was great. Beyond that, I think it's a bit over-rated.