• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Iving Bupe from the vet

BubbaTheCat

Greenlighter
I posted in another thread but wasn't sure if it was the right place as I'm new so posting again.

Not going to give a whole story on how I may have come into contact with such a thing but need to know is there any real difference from this chemical acquired from the vet or from the local sub doctor? A little back story tho, Ive been for the past 8 years struggling with a massive opiate addiction leading me to Iv heroin use. For the past year Ive been on subs but just can't afford the price. For the past few months Ive been Iving my Subutex (I know its beyond stupid), financially as a college student I just cant afford all the visits and medications. My question is, can I inject buprenorphine that was intended for the oral use of a feline, the same as if intended for humans? The bottle reads give 2Ml every 8hr then on the lower part of the bottle it states - 0.3mg/ml oral (per ml) BV so thats .6mg correct? thats enough to atleast feel better for a little while and I have a few of them. I usually injected anywhere from 2mg - 6mg daily, I'm now hurting really bad, and need to last just a few days longer (5) I understand how stupid this is and will down the road have to pay for this at the least mentally in my own way. I Iv human oral pills this is a liquid oral solution, Ive just snorted one of the 2ml tubes to see if anything will happen, as earlier I also downed 30 Immodium, again I know I'm really stupid Im just hurting at the worst time ( as it always is ) aI understand none is great for my health but as I've stated I'm in a bind and really need to feel ok, even just a little better, please save the unrelated health advice, and or moral advice, I know this situation is pretty messed up. Thanks for any help. Ps snorting the tube is not providing the relief needed and I don't have any to waste. Please can someone help me?

Ps. Sorry if I didn't post in right section I'm a long time reader, short time poster.

Update: I did it about 30 mins ago, I feel ok. I guess Ill keep everyone postedUpdate to the update: Not exactly sure how long its been maybe 45mins - 1hr. I feel ok still a little sick but ok nothing like my arms falling off or anything.

Last edited:
Perhaps don't IV it if it's for oral feline use...use sublingual...

That said I myself have had all kinds of drugs sourced from the Vet. I had IV/IM vials of dilaudid, morphine, diazepam, ketamine. All were USP grade so I had no qualms of injecting them.

I'm just not sure what kind of standards there are for oral animal medicines.

Perhaps don't IV it if it's for oral feline use...use sublingual...

That said I myself have had all kinds of drugs sourced from the Vet. I had IV/IM vials of dilaudid, morphine, diazepam, ketamine. All were USP grade so I had no qualms of injecting them.

I'm just not sure what kind of standards there are for oral animal medicines.

Thanks for getting back to me, so last night and this morning I Ived it, about 15mins ago my needle got jammed thought maybe due to it being an old rig I managed to Iv a little of it or whatever but when I finally got the blood out it was thick,scary thick not sure if it was due to sitting in the rig out what ( which I doubt never had an old rig jam or blood look like that but wanna believe ) I'm just going to snort the rest from now on (pretty freaked out about that blood) either way I'm sure its worth the little sickness vs the harm. Monday I get my normal pills again so I figure snort the rest hopefully have enough to last till Saturday night/ Sunday and then hopefully with build up of Bupe in my system plus some immodium sunday night that I can carry myself late into Monday night. Monday is the most important day as I have class and a pretty big test so skipping is out of the question but atleast that night ill have my own human pills again.

Vet bupe is the same as hospital bupe (buprenex)

but 2 - 6 mg iv bupe is way-overkill

Last edited:
doesn't last long for me its throughout the day 6mg is on the heavy side I think its a needle thing as well. but anything less than 3mg throughout the day My bones start to hurt

I'm not new to subs first was on it in 2011 and from there relapse, rehabs, and programs. I understand peoples more is less theory and that works before your already hooked on more than less. Iv cuts the half life tremendously, and when ur hooked on anything over the ceiling anything less you most definitely feel it.

Also it just says Bupernorphine Oral Solution on the bottle. I was hoping maybe someone who has had experience dabbling in this would chime in. Like I said stated I Iv human oral solution but idk of theres something in the vet version.

Vet bupe is the same as hospital bupe (buprenex)

but 2 - 6 mg iv bupe is way-overkill

It's a solution made for oral use though. It's not good to inject liquid oxydone or morphine or methadone intended for human oral use. I can't see why Cat grade oral bupe liquid would be any different.may even be worse...I noticed they tend to use the antagonist/agonists on cats, like buprenorphine,butorphanol etc.i think because kitty's can't tolerate morphine.

I was an LVT (Licensed Veterinary Technician) for several years (until I started picking up felonies) and haven't even heard of buprenorphine for veterinary use. When did they start giving buprenorphine to animals? Just curious. We use a lot of the same medications on animals that are used on humans, so your vet grade bupe should be the same as that prescribed to people.

In reference to what someone above said, cats and dogs tolerate morphine (and most opioids) just fine. What they can't metabloize is APAP or NSAIDs, those drugs would kill a cat or dog because they are toxic for them. It was for that reason that, at the Veterinary Hospital I worked at, we had tablets of straight hydrocodone in our controlled cabinet, as well as Rimadyl on the shelves in the med room.

I was an LVT (Licensed Veterinary Technician) for several years (until I started picking up felonies) and haven't even heard of buprenorphine for veterinary use. When did they start giving buprenorphine to animals? Just curious. We use a lot of the same medications on animals that are used on humans, so your vet grade bupe should be the same as that prescribed to people.

In reference to what someone above said, cats and dogs tolerate morphine (and most opioids) just fine. What they can't metabloize is APAP or NSAIDs, those drugs would kill a cat or dog because they are toxic for them. It was for that reason that, at the Veterinary Hospital I worked at, we had tablets of straight hydrocodone in our controlled cabinet, as well as Rimadyl on the shelves in the med room.
Probably just depends on your location. I know for fact that even somewhere between 5-10 years ago, bupe was used in veterinary (at least in my location at the time- and my location now as well). And it still is.

I've use if bupe is pointless. There's no rush to speak of and it doesn't last as long. As others have said use it sublingually or plug it.

Buprenorphine has been used in cats for a long time, infact i believe its one of the few opioids used for analgesia in animals. Morphine and hydromorphone are only really used as a premedication to anesthetics. Hydrocodone is only used as a cough suppressant in sever cases.
Meloxicam (Metacam), an NSAID, is used to treat animals all the time. You also realise Rimadyl is a NSAID?

All I know is when I had some drugs which had been "liberated" from a vet office, there was a lot of buprenorphine and butorphinal vials along with traditional things like vials of Dilaudid HP, morphine sulfate, ketamine hydrochloride etc. Also a lot of pheno and pentobarbital and diazepam vials.

please tell me your cat is no longer in pain and doesn't need their medicine?
cause if not you're doing a shitty thing. please look after your pets people ༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽

Yeah ive heard & seen this same thing the op doing / talking about

pretty shitty because the animal cant express to you the 1 - 10 smiley/frown face

animals get more opiate scripts than ppl now days.

I need to go find a fucked up cat and take it to the vet