• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Wellbutrin Tramadol and Gabapentin

TheCount420

Greenlighter
Alright this is the first thing I've posted Although I've been looking at this sight for years..
*So I've been clean for about 60 days from heroin and coke. However I've been snoring my Wellbutrin and taking more gabapentin than I probably should. So here's my question.. I keep reading about the chances of having a seizure by combining these meds. Really just the last 3 days I have been abusing these BAD. So should I be worried about the amount I've been doing? How dangerous is this? I don't plan to continue.. hopefully

Day 1 - 6000mg of Gabapentin, 400mg of Tramadol, 600mg of Wellbutrin snorted, and my Zoloft 100mg in the morning
Day 2 - 5000mg of Gabapentin, 100mg of Tramadol, 1200mg of Wellbutrin snorted, and my Zoloft in the morning
Day 3 - 1200mg of Gabapentin, 250mg of Tramadol, and my Zoloft

Sorry if I put this in the wrong spot

So you take a Dopamine+norepinephrine Reuptake inhibitor with an SSRI and Tramadol? If your doctor prescribed you this combination I really don't see why he just doesn't have you on a triple reuptake inhibitor (all 3 neuros) such as cymbalta and lose the Tramadol. Gabapentin is an anticonvulsant so you shouldn't worry about seizures. It's relatively safe In very high doses. DO NOT TAKE TRAMADOL with Zoloft or the Wellbutrin. Tramadol is a dual mechanic medication that is also an opiate and serotonin/norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor. Tramadol in high doses increases risk for seizures and since you couple it with the Zoloft a big risk for Seratonin Syndrome. You post is quite vague as to what you want to accomplish. Get off them? Feel normal? Be chill? I have quite a bit of experience with 3 out of 4 of those (not the Wellbutrin) In all honesty i know what youre going through. If it were me taper the zoloft if you've been on it a while. Taper the Wellbutrin. Take Tramadol and Gabapentin only. Never take more that 6 Tramadol in a day that's 300mg. Don't do it. I saw you took 400mg that's dangerous. Your tolerance to these medications must be very high but speaking from experience and depending on the supply. The Tramadol and Gabapentin during the day is the best and safest route to go mentally and physically you should feel very nice if your Tolerance isn't too high. Spread it out not all at once. You are doing too many things at once. Antidepressants are worthless(to most ) and the Withdrawls are hell just like what you got off of 60 days earlier. Be safe and best of luck.

Last edited:
In response to your questions specifically:
Yes, you should be very worried.
Very dangerous.

I would VERY STRONGLY suggest you cease this reckless consumption and behavior immediately.

-PA

^PA, I understand that you're new man, but do your fellow BL'ers a favor and throw out some references whenever you tell someone "...you should be very worried; very dangerous". It's a bit of a cliffhanger and I'm sure OP wants real answers.

There's a lot going on here in terms of potential interactions, but I can at least tell you that Gabapentin (Neurontin) is known to cause convulsions in high doses for a certain segment of the population, myself included. Now, given the fact that you're also consuming relatively large amounts of Tramadol, you need to be prepared for a potential episode. Tramadol, on its own, in dosages exceeding 300mg has been known to provoke seizures. You're just adding fuel to the fire, but there's truly no telling how exactly your body will handle the mixture.

OP: I had a seizure last year on a far lower doses of zyban, gabapentin, and tramadol.

I was taking 150mg XR zyban daily, 600mg of gabapentin 2x daily, and took 2 50mg tramadol.

I remember sitting down to watch a new Walking Dead and next thing I know I'm disoriented as fuck, and in the ER, basically packed into the gurney with pads in case I began convulsing again. I was fully unconscious for about 10 minutes after a shot of midazolam.

I was told after the fact that I spent close to 10 minutes convulsing prior to the midazolam, meaning I spent at least 20 minutes unconscious...

For your own sake OP, get your use under some semblance of control, even rehab if you need it. That combination is Russian Roulette, even at the prescribed doses. I learned that the hard way!

Thank you everyone who replied! So an update.. I'm currently on house arrest which is part of the reason I'm abusing these drugs since I have easy access to them. I'm now on suboxone, but I only take about 1mg a day, along with 100mg Zoloft, and 1800mg gabapentin. I truly want to be sober and in a fucked up way I feel like I am because heroin and cocaine are my drugs of choice. Perhaps it's just that everyone thinks I'm sober and doing so well.. I can't wait to run out of these tramadol, I probably have about 50 left

furioso70 thank you. I am going to start to taper off the Zoloft. The trams I'm not even prescribed so I'll run out of those soon. I really don't get too much of a high from the trams and gabapentin unless I take about 1mg of suboxone with it