• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

opiate withdrawal

farmacista

Bluelighter
if a person used heroin one day every two, do you think that after some time he would go into withdrawal in the days when he's not using ? or he would be physically fine ? and if he would use one day every three ?

i know that you shouldn't update your own thread but i mean someone of you guys must have interesting thoughts about my question... sekio are you there ? lol

Depends on dosage, but rule of thumb is any regular usage of opioids will result in dependence forming and eventually withdrawal/rebound symptoms. There's no magical way to avoid tolerance development/withdrawal aside from very sparing, infrequent usage of opioids.

Also, disclaimer: fentanyl sold as heroin/used as heroin cutting agent is very common now and is a major cause of drug deaths. Buy street heroin at your own risk, beware that as little as 10mg of material could carry a lethal dose of opioids.

This is not really a NSPD question, moving to BDD.

I'm not too sure about opioids but I can tell you that using benzos every other day would result in kindling - essentially mini-withdrawals cause some rebound excitation that grows stronger and stronger (like using a muscle) and the aberrant strengthening will eventually lead to tolerance, worse withdrawals and side effects. This is certainly going to be more appreciable at some dosages and overall lengths of time than others. While kindling is mostly recognized with GABAergic substances (benzos/alcohol/barbs) I think there could be an opioid equivalent.

There will also be the addiction aspect, rather than just withdrawals when it comes to opioids. Cravings can be quite potent for some.

wit enough time definitely, but it could take some time.

if a person used heroin one day every two, do you think that after some time he would go into withdrawal in the days when he's not using ? or he would be physically fine ? and if he would use one day every three ?

If you used it all day? one out of every 2 days. YES. I mean, there will be opioids on your receptors almost constantly. It takes a good 24 hours I believe for all the heroin to stop having an affect (even if you cant feel it). However, if you only took one dose a day, then maybe not. If you could stick to that dose. But, you can't. Nobody can.

... Okay there are exceptions to every rule but it is VERY UNLIKELY. All it takes is one devastating event in your life. Lose your job or your girlfriend, get a health problem, death of a loved one ETC. You really think you're going to be able to keep using that heroin only ONCE every two days?