• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Is it painless to die of a heroin overdose?

Status
Not open for further replies.

watermelon14

Bluelighter
My best friend recently died from a heroin overdose. He always used to say that that's the way he wanted to go, nodding off, never to wake up again. I'm just wondering if it really is as calm and painless as it seems like it would be; I would hope that if he had to go this way, it wasn't in pain.

Thanks.

So I OD’d off H back in 2004 to the point i feel out, stopped breathing, face turned blue til paramedics got there and revived me...I reckon thats the way I would have checked out if no paramedics were involved and I felt nothing only remembered feeling too many too strong pins n needles feeling on top of my head and the next thing I know I come to with medics surrounding me. I’m sure there was discomfort in my body with me not breathing but i was completely unaware of any of it so I’m sure your friend had a painless way out. I’m sorry for your loss.

I lost my best friend to a heroin od recently as well.
It would be a painless way to die.
My condolences to you.

I have died three times on heroin and was oblivious every time. Several of my friends have OD'd with sauce too. I can assure you that your buddy felt no pain. It's just like going to sleep and not waking up. I'm sorry your buddy OD'd, but take comfort in that it was painless. That's how I want to go as well.

He didn't feel anything. I've od'd before and i was just blacked out.

Sorry for your loss.

I've never overdosed on heroin but I've overdosed on a weaker opiate called codeine. In strength it's a lot weaker but can still cause severe breathing depression. When I overdosed I stopped breathing for a few minutes, I never got to the point where I turned blue but I felt nothing painful. I was just watching a movie and everything sort of faded away. I could still hear everything that was going on but I wasn't listening. I'm not really sure why I woke up, maybe because I was about to be sick or maybe something really loud happened in the movie, but until I started throwing up the entire experience was completely painless. It was just like going to sleep while you're high. Even if something happened to him that might have hurt, any possible pain he could have felt would be completely overpowered by the pain relief that you get when over opiated. He was peaceful.

Closed for lack of Harm Reduction value. I can say with confidence that dying from a massive Opioid overdose would probably be painless. You hardly feel anything at all simply from being really intoxicated from Opioids.

From the outside looking in it seems painless. I think if you don't take enough and have the remotest awareness of what's going on, it could be a prolonged hell... but to take enough to OD you wouldn't even have that tiny bit of awareness, so I guess it's a moot point.

Last edited:
From the outside looking in it seems painless. I think if you don't take enough and have the remotest awareness of what's going on, it could be a prolonged hell... but to take enough to OD you wouldn't even have that tiny bit of awareness, so I guess it's a moot point.

Thanks lad bet that proper cheered him up as well

Status
Not open for further replies.