• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Mallinckrodt 50mcg fent. Patch?

steamboater-m30

Greenlighter
I'm trying to figure out how to tale a piece of this patch sublingually. I did some research and thought that I figured it out but this is a mallinckrodt brand so they are kinda tricky? I'm not too sure. I cut a piece off and pulled the plastic on one side off, put it in my mouth and chewed, there was another piece on the other side...Idk. Has anyone used this brand before, sublingually? From my understanding, I am supposed to cut my desired amount off, pull the plastic off one side, freeze it for a few minutes, use a razor to carefully pull off the membrane and pop that in my mouth? I'm not sure but if anyone has advice other than "don't do it fent is dangerous!!" Please let me know. Its a 50mic patch amd I already used about an eighth with little effects. 2 nights ago I blew 24 mgs. Of suboxone and last night tried to break thru that with 100 mgs of oxy and didnt get my sesired effexta so I got this bc I heard it is good at breaking thru subs. Ideas?

Damn dawg....24 mg bupe in your system from last night you’re gonna have no luck in breaking through that blockade. Wait 72 hours at the very least, I’d say 5 days actually.

Raidz is right. Rather than just sticikng in your brain receptors like most narcotics, bupe COVERS them like syrup. That blocks any other drugs you choose to take and will be wasted. Wait a bit.

Fent actually has a very high binding affinity to our receptors. Higher than bupe. It's like one of the only opiates (and it's analogs) that has a stronger affinity than bupe to opiate receptors.

In this being harm reduction, it would not be a good idea to try and out-compete 24 mg of bupe with fentanyl as suboxombie is right that of most all opioids fentanyl can best break through a bupe blockade, you walk a fine line of an OD with that, so play it safe and wait a few days

This is a really dangerous practice and we really can't condone it in good conscience. It's too easy to kill yourself when you're trying to break through maximum-dosage Buprenorphine maintenance with Fentanyl. There's not a truly effective, safe way of going about it.