• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Gabapentin, clonidine, ghb/gbl and amphetamine interations?

C

Carol Cooks

I'm not sure which forum this should go in, maybe BDD or OD?

For years I've taken ghb/gbl every weekend, sometimes with amphetamine (dexedrine) and occasionally with mdma. I use phenibut and benzos for a couple of days after to help with the comedown.

My practitioner has offered me gabapentin for sciatica 1 x 300mg daily titrating up until the pain is manageable to a maximum of 12 x 300mg.

He's also offered me clonidine for migraine 4 x 25mcg daily.

I know there are interactions between these meds and the drugs I take as I've read a lot of posts but all I can find is gabapentin used for g withdrawal, not at the same time.

There's also quite a few posts about clonidine lowering BP so to be cautious using with benzos but he has prescribed me diazepam and temazepam so I assume it must be safe. I can't find any posts specifically about mixing all of these cos there probably aren't any!

Can I take gabapentin and clonidine continually as prescribed and still take ghb/gbl, dexedrine and mdma recreationally? Also phenibut as I really like it on a comedown? Are there any unsafe combinations here? Will the effects of the drugs be altered?

I would be grateful if anyone can advise on any of this x

Talk to your doctor that prescribes you all of these medications. Or see someone who is not a quack pushing pills and meds to people who doctor shop to get downers, pain pills, etc.

Gabapentin, clonidine, ghb/gbl and amphetamine interactions? - Reply

I'm not doctor shopping. I used to have naproxen for back pain and sumatriptan for migraine but as I've got older they've become less effective so I asked if there was something else and these are what he suggested. I didn't take the prescriptions, I told him I would do some research and get back to him. So here I am trying to get some info. I have the benzos to help me sleep cos the pain is much worse when I lay down and it keeps me awake.

In reply to http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/832545-Gabapentin-clonidine-ghb-gbl-and-amphetamine-interations

(although I've spelt interactions wrong!)

Well pregabalin is close to gabapentin so most likely will apply the same. Using it with gbl and amphetamine at the same time was safe, and should have no contraindications, . About clonidine I'm pretty sure it's safe as it helps to lower blood pressure, so it makes amphetamine less harmful.

Please merge two anonymous threads so they make sense!

Yesterday I posted this question which you moved to OD :-

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/832545-Gabapentin-clonidine-ghb-gbl-and-amphetamine-interations

Then I posted a reply but you've moved it to BDD :-

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ne-ghb-gbl-and-amphetamine-interactions-Reply

Can you put the reply into the thread in OD so it makes sense?

Thanks x

Btw I thought PriestTheyCalledHim's response to my question was extremely unhelpful. I came here asking for advice not to be brushed off with a rude and an abrupt one line from the mod of the forum.

Carol, I will move this to Other Drugs so they can merge your posts together.

Hi Carol, the gabapentin should largely be ok mixed with them, but clonidine may blunt the pleasurable effects of the amphetamine and/or MDMA fairly significantly (it does almost completely blunt them for me).

Clonidine is also a sedating type medication (an α2 adrenergic agonist), so could amplify that effect from the GHB, so be very careful and conservative with your GHB dose if you do choose to mix them.

You can expect a similar sedating interaction with the benzos and phenibut (less so), but you may actually find you don't need the benzo (or certainly not as much) with clonidine, which I personally find quite effective as a comedown agent.

Gabapentin blocks amp. It sucks. Good for knocking it out when you want to sleep though.