• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

(I was watching "The Devil and Daniel Johnston" before bed, which is a documentary about the singer/songwriter's struggle with mental illness and obsessive fear of Satan.)

January 1-2, 2019: "Jammin' With Daniel Johnston"

I was in Daniel Johnston's basement and he appeared as he did back around 1988 when he was in his late 20's. He was playing a song about the devil on acoustic guitar and it really creeped me out for some reason. He was also acting very manic and unstable, which also concerned me (both for his sake and my own).

He kept asking me to grab a guitar and play along with it so I finally tried, but I couldn't get the fingers of my left hand to form a chord. It was almost completely paralyzed, adding to the mounting sense of dread that I was already feeling. He went upstairs and I started chugging from a large bottle of beer or hard cider to calm down, which bothered me because I normally abstain from alcohol.

There were two tough, rugged-looking guys in the basement talking about catching a ship bound for Europe to get a job picking apples in England or something. I felt kind of safe with them down there until they got ready to leave because they were starting to get freaked out as well.

I quickly said my goodbyes and left. From there it quickly switched to me having a doctor's appointment where the "office" was a bathroom, to meeting up with my dad to get a rental car, to being in a motel room and feeling disappointed because the cigar I bought didn't have any flavor!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

Last night I had a dream that I had an extremely important task that was crucial to accomplish, and that was that I had to make my girlfriend trip by explaining psychedelics to her with words. It was one of those dreams that I used to get from the comedown of GHB, or withdrawing from phenibut (I am tapering phenibut so I guess that's why but it hasn't been happening recently), where my mind is taken over by some manner of obsessive, repetitive chore. I woke up and was laying there with my mind endlessly repeating this task (fortunately I wasn't actually trying to talk to her out loud!). It was quite annoying because I wanted to go back to sleep but I felt that if I didn't complete this task, it would be bad, for some reason. After maybe 15 minutes I felt more awake and started to realize that it was one of those dreams, and that I actually should stop thinking about it and go back to sleep. But it had been too long (I'm not great at falling back to sleep when I wake up in the night). I got up and took some L-theanine and L-tryptophan and sort of semi-slept until my alarm went off.

My brain is weird... 8(

1-3-2018: Dead Kitten Back to Life

I was up north at my grandma's lake house, as a number of my dreams are. We were having a party on the lake. A lot of stuff happened that I don't remember clearly, but at some point there was a little tiny black kitten that showed up, and I was hanging out with it, it was riding on my shoulder a lot. Then I ignore it for some time, I forget what I was doing, but the next thing I realized, it appeared to have died. I felt absolutely horrible. I kept carrying it around, I considered throwing it away, then instead I considered burying it, but I felt bad. But it was a good thing I didn't, because at some point it started to weakly move. It was so small it fit in the palm of my hand. I got one of those water bottles that hamsters and such drink out of and started giving it water. It was drinking thirstily and I set off to find food because it was really skinny, it seemed like it had basically starved to death or maybe died of thirst (or both) but that it had come back to life and I had a chance to bring it back to health.

Then I woke up.

My nightmares 2 days after a weekend of taking 10 caps around 1,600ml pure mdma

I had 4 very short nightmares where i would just be walking around and find myself
Becoming slowly completely paralyzed, then trying to grab a door or a wall to catch
My fall, and trying to scream to both my brother and husband for help. No sound would come
Out. Then i would feel my brain, vibrate or zap like i had died then id wake up gasping for
Breath with my heart racing........ happened 4 different times over the course of the night.....
Not fun at all......

1-3-2018: Dead Kitten Back to Life

I was up north at my grandma's lake house, as a number of my dreams are. We were having a party on the lake. A lot of stuff happened that I don't remember clearly, but at some point there was a little tiny black kitten that showed up, and I was hanging out with it, it was riding on my shoulder a lot. Then I ignore it for some time, I forget what I was doing, but the next thing I realized, it appeared to have died. I felt absolutely horrible. I kept carrying it around, I considered throwing it away, then instead I considered burying it, but I felt bad. But it was a good thing I didn't, because at some point it started to weakly move. It was so small it fit in the palm of my hand. I got one of those water bottles that hamsters and such drink out of and started giving it water. It was drinking thirstily and I set off to find food because it was really skinny, it seemed like it had basically starved to death or maybe died of thirst (or both) but that it had come back to life and I had a chance to bring it back to health.

Then I woke up.

Hee hee, my mom had one like that about ten years ago. She found a dead kitty in the trunk of her car and thought, "It must be really hungry 'cuz it's been dead for so long; I better feed it!"

I've had similar ones like that too, but I can't remember any specifics at the moment.

1-10-2019 - Mars Flight

I was at my parents' house, hanging out with my oldest friend (who struggled with meth recently). I was trying to figure out how to find some propylhexedrine, and he was doing meth. I don't remember all the details but this part of the dream was long. Then, at some point, I remember a scene where we left Earth and watched Earth rapidly receding away in its orbit around the Sun. We were floating out there in Space. I remember feeling pretty overwhelmed at the knowledge that the things I was seeing were millions of miles away. Then we somehow got to Mars. Mars was colonized. I spent the time on Mars trying to catch a flight (on a jet) to Earth. I was in a huge, vast building with many, many corridors that reminds me of some other huge compounds I've visited in dream worlds. I was there with my girlfriend and some other guy. I was stressed because I had to catch a flight at 11, but I didn't have all the documentation I needed, so we were going around trying to find it. I became aware that my girlfriend and the guy we were with were sexually attracted to each other and wanted to have sex. She was like dude, it's fine, it's just physical, I think he's hot and I'm horny, it doesn't mean anything. I felt weird about it but it made sense to me logically so I was like, alright, fine, that makes sense. Then I realized that my girlfriend was actually my ex wife and I was like Ahh! Dude, you can have her!

It didn't exactly end there but I don't remember any other specifics.

This is the first memorable dream I've had in days...

January 11-12, 2019: "Hangin' With Pink/House Fire"

Pink (the singer) picked me up to go hang out with her friends. She was driving a very modest car, which I thought was very cool of her to do. It was silver/gray and looked sort of like a Subaru wagon from the 1990's. We went to the park downtown and sat on the lawn eating sandwiches (Subway, I think) and drinking cans of soda. She didn't have any napkins so I ran to her car and got some.

I realized that my hair was a mess and apologized for it, but she said that she thought it looked cool. I joked that it was clean and I just needed a haircut. Suddenly there was a house fire nearby and firefighters started to carry people outside.

Pink drove me back home and the last thing I remember is being in my bathroom listening to Ringo Starr's "Back Off Boogaloo" on the shower radio.

I remember a scene where we left Earth and watched Earth rapidly receding away in its orbit around the Sun. We were floating out there in Space. I remember feeling pretty overwhelmed at the knowledge that the things I was seeing were millions of miles away. Then we somehow got to Mars. Mars was colonized. I spent the time on Mars trying to catch a flight (on a jet) to Earth. I was in a huge, vast building with many, many corridors that reminds me of some other huge compounds I've visited in dream worlds.

Aren't outer space dreams some of the best? One thing that I've never been able to do is fly to distant planets or galaxies in my lucid dreams. Heck, I usually have trouble getting above the trees and power lines!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

1-20-2019: Sexy Hotel Girl

In my dream I spent a long time in a hotel, several days. I was with my brother and my oldest friend and some other people, and we were working at the grocery store I worked at as a teenager during the day, and partying in the hotel at night. I kept doing kratom every evening, and redosing it, too. I somehow convinced myself, in the way of dreams, that this would be alright (I was addicted to kratom and other opiates for a long time and in reality have never done any in 5 years but sometimes I have dreams where I am slipping back or have already slipped back and am dealing with impending withdrawal).

The main detail I remember is that there was this overwhelmingly attractive girl around my age working at the hotel desk. I was trying to help her figure something out on the computer, and she started making it known she was interested in me. We were flirting with each other in an increasingly overt manner. She started pressing herself against me and whispering in my ear that I should come to her room once we figured out the thing on the computer. This was very exciting for me, but I started to feel guilty/conflicted because of my girlfriend. At some point it was like this thing with the girl was happening on two different days, and between the days I was hanging out with my girlfriend and at some point she sighed happily and was like "I'm so happy we have such a loving and trusting relationship, I love you so much". And then I was back with the other girl, trying to figure out the computer thing, and almost done. And she didn't realize I had a girlfriend, because nothing had happened and I hadn't told her because I was enjoying the flirting. And I felt super conflicted, and like an asshole for being conflicted. The girl was like my absolute ideal of gorgeous though and was really, really into me. It was a mighty struggle, one I never resolved because I woke up.

1-20-2019: Sexy Hotel Girl

The girl was like my absolute ideal of gorgeous though and was really, really into me. It was a mighty struggle, one I never resolved because I woke up covered in spunk..!

Heh, just finished you off mate.

Last night I dreamt I'd been shooting pigeons in a pub (I'm a pest controller IRL) and when I'd finished I went to the bar for a drink, leaning my bagged rifle up against the bar. Standing next to me was a wonderfully slutty milf, all tits 'n' ass, short skirt, ripped stockings, pissed as a fart and buying a litre of wine using pennies as she struggled to stay standing on her ridiculously high stilettos. "Eh up, I could be in here" I thought. But instead of speaking to her, I just leaned on the bar certain that she would notice my rifle and come out with the cliched line "is that a gun in your pocket or are you just pleased to see me?" To which I was going to reply with the snappy comeback (which I thought of in my dream), "Hey, it's my weapon, but it's too big for my pocket..."

But she didn't. She just ignored me and I stood there feeling like a twat...

Delayed response, but I get vivid dreams withdrawing from something or in this case waiting for a refill due to an asshole pharmacy mistake.

I cannot remember the entire dream because some time has past, but I was in this industrial type building on a persons estate. The guy was into speed and had every type you could imagine by the box full. Well I remember being cool and asking if I could have some because we were friends and he set me up with a nice assortment of this and that.

No mind you this was vivid due to some sort of withdrawal.

So everything is cool and I am on the way out, when all the sudden the place gets raided. Large place, lots of commotion, possible to slip out amongst the chaos,

Well I realise they are going to take all his shit, so I start helping myself to boxes a little smaller then milk crates full of you name it. Forgot to mention, I was sampling the various types of speed I had from earlier.

Now this place is beginning to get jammed up. I feel so jacked in the dream that it is as if everything I see and encounter is in slow motion. Now all the sudden I am running through a maze of various LEO's arriving on the scene carrying boxes that are above my head, with the precision of a professional NFL running back.

I manage to make it through the building and onto the street without being caught. That dream jolted me awake.

I'm riding my bicycle around my local town and I get some awesome air going down the library steps, like moon gravity stuff. Its a lovely sunny day and I ride about a bit more then meet an old friend who I haven't seen in 20 years. I offer him a go on my bike and as I watch him ride away, he pulls level with a volvo and grabs hold and gets a free boost then overtakes it and I realise he is a much better rider than me.

The geography kind of changes and although it's still my home town I can't say where this bit is set, I'm walking waiting for Queenie to bring my bike back and a little cat stands on its hind legs and flexes and it has the most incredible muscles, when it goes back onto all fours it's just a little cat. There's people sitting around in the sunshine on their doorsteps enjoying it.

There are some dogs roaming around too and the cat does its muscle flex thing again and everyone laughs and the dogs go away. I sit around waiting for Queenie to bring my bike back. I have weed on me and I roll a joint on a wall. I don't recall smoking it or if I got my bike back. The air time, Queenie being a better rider than me, the cat flexing and the golden light of a glorious day really stood out. I think I woke up then.

This is the first memorable dream that I've had in over a week...

January 21-22, 2019: "Public Scale"

I was at a 1980's-style video arcade and saw a machine that people could weigh themselves on. It cost either $2.31 or $2.41 and only accepted coins. I had to put them in the "mouth" of a little robot-looking thing inside the machine.

I had trouble getting it to "eat" the coins and they kept on falling out. Something about it reminded me of the kitchen in a fast food restaurant, with things like cups and burger wrappers lying around.

I finally got it to take all of my coins and stood on the scale, which looked like a skiing game with handles on each side. It started to vibrate and sort of move up and down, and it was making me dizzy like an amusement park ride would. (I wasn't dizzy when I woke up, so I'm not sure what prompted that.)

It said that I was 175 lbs., which is pretty close to what I weigh. (I'm usually more like 165-170 but I've been heavier at times.)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer

Haha I'm cracking up at the image of the muscle cat, leet. =D

Hey guys by the way, totally off-topic but if you clear your browser cache, a lot of people are finding about 2/3 of the smileys to show up again. :)

I've had some vivid dreams lately but I haven't really felt like remembering them after I wake up for some reason. Like you say Speed King, withdrawal really cranks up dream vividness. I'm slowly reducing my phenibut usage and I'm doing it every other day so the off-day's nights tend to have vivid dreams and light sleep. I must say that I actually really like that effect of being dependent on phenibut, last time I got off of it and I finally jumped off completely, I had a couple of months of the craziest dreams. I wrote a good bit of them down in this thread. I was starting to get lucid or semi-lucid quite often and I would frequently have false awakenings where I was fully aware I had been dreaming but thought I was awake and was utterly convinced I was actually awake.

You have some interesting dreams, flyer..

We all dream but some of us has the abilty to also get lost into it

I have nightmares...

Few days ago I couldn't sleep because these dreams keep happening and all of them are fuckin ugly

It was raining, I went to a factory to stay overnight and it was empty but from the pipes ghost & rats began to hear then a girl came to me and showed me this black hourglass with blood in sand then I woke up

I learned this because I know my dreams and if I stay too long...

Last night I dreamt that I was clipping my toe nails.

Needs to be done IRL.

Sometimes I have these dreams where I wake up from a dream but I'm still dreaming, but it feels 100% real so I assume I'm awake, and I do all the normal shit that I do when I wake up - brush my teeth, pee, feed my cats, log onto my work computer, start working. And then I'll wake up for real (or sometimes am still dreaming yet again) and get up and do the same things.

brush my teeth, pee

Then you wake up to a damp bed? =D Whenever I've dreamt that I was trying to find a bathroom I always woke up having to go.

I dreamt last night... Only remember it vaguely now. Was making out with an ex in one part but there were people watching then she mentioned something about her boyfriends lol. Another part I was having something done in the hospital. Something to do with puting me under with general anesthesia.

Last edited:
Yeah, I've gotten "stuck" in a couple of nightmares that I couldn't wake myself up from and it's a very unnerving experience. It only happens when I'm really sleep-deprived and go into REM rebound. Since I was little I could usually jolt myself awake by (in the dream) closing my eyes and shaking my head. Ironically enough, the kid in "The Polar Express" does the same exact thing when he thinks he's dreaming so I imagine that it's pretty instinctual.

Okay folks, bear with me on this one because it's gonna be a little hard to follow...

January 22-23, 2019: "Dude, Where's My Car?"

I went into the office building where I used to work and then realized that I left the company years ago. It had very tight security so I was worried about getting in trouble and left quickly, but I couldn't find my car in the parking lot.

Next I found myself at a local diner with my parents, trying to explain to them that I didn't have a car anymore because I lost it in a dream (obviously not realizing that I was still dreaming)!

Next I was at a combination of my cousin's house and my aunt & uncle's house. I could feel/sense that my relatives were there, but couldn't actually see or hear them. It was very eerie, as though they would vanish just before I entered a room. (If you've ever seen that old Twilight Zone episode called "Where Is Everybody?", it was a lot like that.)

A couple of my cousin's cats and dogs were there but I couldn't quite see them either. I realized that one of the pooches was deceased in real life and I didn't understand how it could be there, so that creeped me out a bit too. I eventually left and remembered again that I had lost my car in the "previous" (actually part of the same) dream, but it was a short walk home so I didn't mind.

January 23-24, 2019: "Purple Burritos And Other Weirdness"

(I'm not sure what order these were in, but they were all linked together somehow...)

I got two purple burritos at a convenience store that doubled as a fast food restaurant. When I went up front to pay for them, the employees behind the counter had heated up the deep fryers too much and they began to catch fire. I put my burritos in what I thought was a public microwave, but it actually turned out to be an ice cream machine and I jammed the thing up.

I walked down a street past what looked like outdoor daycare centers that were still decorated for Christmas. I had to keep stepping over plastic kid's furniture, toys, children and decorations everywhere. It suddenly became an indoor gym and then I had to keep climbing over stuff like treadmills and exercise bikes!

I drove down the highway and my clock said that it was 9:06am but it was still dark out, so I assumed that it was three hours fast. My car was really hard to control for some reason and I kept swerving between lanes, narrowly avoiding the other vehicles.

Same Night: "Mom Arguing With Dad's Spirit"

(This is a recurring theme that I've had since my dad passed away and it's always deeply upsetting to me...)

My dad (or his spirit/soul) kept asking my mom for a ride somewhere and she was getting frustrated because he didn't seem to realize that he was no longer alive. She asked him why he kept on "haunting" her and he said something like, "It's a transitional process.".

I could only sense his presence but it seemed as though she could see and hear him as well, so I tried to sort of sneak into the room because I wanted to see him again. It then turned into a scene of an elderly couple in an old Victorian-style home with their backs turned to me that seemed to be motionless, almost like a life-sized photograph.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer