• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Oh it could happen to anyone it's not a condition, unless maybe some people have chronic sleep paralysis? Sounds horrible.

Lookin forward to your dream reports.
Gosh damnnnn I would be fuggin Terrified by that paralysis crap.

A lot of people report a dark, malevolen entity sitting on their chest making it hard to breathe and/or sucking out their soul during sleep paralysis, or they hallucinate in other creepy ways. For me, the only reason it's been scary the few times it's happened is because it feels like this intense rush and you're confused and can't move except your eyes. By like the 4th time it happened, I actually wasn't scared because it was familiar. But then again I've never experienced any sort of dark or evil feeling from it.

Haha, the first one cracked me up for some reason. =D I think it's funny how in dreams concepts can get confused, like you have something you identify clearly as a bowl of peaches, but at the same time it's also clear that you can use them as shampoo. But they're still peaches too, since you offered them as food.

I've had some nightmares lately. I'm 44 years old but they're so ugly n terrifying they make me afraid to go to sleep .... esp alone .

Haha, the first one cracked me up for some reason.
=D
I think it's funny how in dreams concepts can get confused, like you have something you identify clearly as a bowl of peaches, but at the same time it's also clear that you can use them as shampoo. But they're still peaches too, since you offered them as food.

I've had that crazy Flaming Lips tune stuck in my head ever since ("She uses ta-a-aaangerines...")!

I've had some nightmares lately. I'm 44 years old but they're so ugly n terrifying they make me afraid to go to sleep .... esp alone .

Don't feel bad; I'm almost 50 and I slept with the lights on for three nights last year after the "Blue Ghost Ladies" nightmare, chronicled in my original post!

We we're at the border crossing. I think Mexican? Truck loaded up with nitrous tanks.

Very windy. Take our my passport, money is flying everywhere, id is flapping. Truck takes off. Border guard chases us. Pulls is over.

And asks why we didn't invite her to the party while stripping in the middle of the street doing balloons

I'm on a rural road in the sticks, it's late evening and I'm walking. The weather is very comfortable and the sky is clear. I'm walking down the road, I can't see any sign of civilization for miles either way. I keep walking, it's very peaceful, here alone in my thoughts on this warm night. As I'm walking I come upon a crossroads, there's a stump off to the side of the road. I take a seat to rest my legs for a moment, I close my eyes and take a deep breath, the air is full of the scents of the countryside, the musk of the earth, a hint of cedar from the stump beneath me, and something else. Something almost smoky, not unlike the ashes of a bonfire. Suddenly I feel the air around me chill, I open my my eyes and look up to see a man standing at the crossroads.

I never even heard him walk up, I'm not concerned, he's a young man, slightly built, but extremely handsome. He's very well dressed for this back road, he's wearing black slacks and a white button up, with polished black shoes, much to clean for this dirt road. Not wanting to be rude I introduce myself and asked him his name. He said "you already know my name" and I did it was very clear, this was Lucifer, he spoke with an air unheard of in our era. He began to recant some of my worst memories, my most painful thoughts, and he smiled this cold uncaring smile. He offered me my wildest dreams, he offered to make me forget. I refused, the air around me stood still, and I became colder than I've ever felt before. I awake shivering.

I used to have three recurring dreams that I don't have so often anymore but used to have quite often. They weren't nightmares per se, but they were eerie and left me feeling uncomfortable both in the dream and immediately after waking:

1. Walking through a cemetery.
2. Being in a spooky large house either owned by myself or a close relative.
3. Being in a spooky church.

I haven't changed my medication regimen since these dreams became less frequent and I used to have them frequently whether I was drinking or not.

12-24-17 - Early Morning - Salvia on MPT on LSD, or Wait, It Was All a Dream!

In my dream, I was on LSD, with a friend (not sure who the friend was), and we went to visit a shaman, who lived in this old, dilapidated building. The vibe reminded me a lot of some of my ibogaine dreams. This shaman woman was dressed almost like some sort of witch/sorceress. She mentioned that she had MPT, and offered me some to smoke, which I did. I felt that it wasn't very strong, though I did in fact feel as if I had really smoked MPT (and taken a modest dose of LSD - lately my dreams involving drugs have also involved realistically feeling their effects, which I think I've mentioned in here). So the shaman then offered me a hit of salvia extract. She had this big case full of all sorts of salvia extracts, and she selected a 15x one for me, pulling it out of a little tiny drawer. I was slightly nervous, but took the hit.

Next thing I know the entire scene has changed. I was high up on a snowy mountain pass, driving. There was a big wall I was driving beside, and also a massive drop off a cliff on the other side. To be honest I don't remember anymore what all happened during the "salvia" trip, but it spanned many days of experience. It involved intense adventures, sort of dark but fantastical and familiar themes. I semi-woke up a few times and had a vague idea I wasn't really there but kept going back. I wish I remembered more because it was really epic.

Anyway, finally I came out of it and found myself back in the shaman's house. I was absolutely amazed, because it had only been 15 minutes, but it felt like a week. She offered me more but I declined. Then my friend and I began leaving. Then I woke up in my bed at home (right now I am visiting my parents so I'm not at home), and thought, wow, that was a crazy dream of taking salvia on MPT, that was SUCH an intense LSD trip! I thought about getting up to write a trip report for LSD, and how it made me feel like I smoked MPT and salvia. Then I woke up for real, at my parents' house, and reflected on the crazy nature of dreams when I realized that I hadn't really taken LSD either! I love the dream-within-a-dream thing, but this is the first time I've had a dream trip within a dream trip within a dream.

Last edited:
12-24-17 - Early Morning - Salvia on MPT on LSD, or Wait, It Was All a Dream!

In my dream, I was on LSD, with a friend (not sure who the friend was), and we went to visit a shaman, who lived in this old, dilapidated building. The vibe reminded me a lot of some of my ibogaine dreams. This shaman woman was dressed almost like some sort of witch/sorceress. She mentioned that she had MPT, and offered me some to smoke, which I did. I felt that it wasn't very strong, though I did in fact feel as if I had really smoked MPT (and taken a modest dose of LSD - lately my dreams involving drugs have also involved realistically feeling their effects, which I think I've mentioned in here). So the shaman then offered me a hit of salvia extract. She had this big case full of all sorts of salvia extracts, and she selected a 15x one for me, pulling it out of a little tiny drawer. I was slightly nervous, but took the hit.

Next thing I know the entire scene has changed. I was high up on a snowy mountain pass, driving. There was a big wall I was driving beside, and also a massive drop off a cliff on the other side. To be honest I don't remember anymore what all happened during the "salvia" trip, but it spanned many days of experience. It involved intense adventures, sort of dark but fantastical and familiar themes. I semi-woke up a few times and had a vague idea I wasn't really there but kept going back. I wish I remembered more because it was really epic.

Anyway, finally I came out of it and found myself back in the shaman's house. I was absolutely amazed, because it had only been 15 minutes, but it felt like a week. She offered me more but I declined. Then my friend and I began leaving. Then I woke up in my bed at home (right now I am visiting my parents so I'm not at home), and thought, wow, that was a crazy dream of taking salvia on MPT, that was SUCH an intense LSD trip! I thought about getting up to write a trip report for LSD, and how it made me feel like I smoked MPT and salvia. Then I woke up for real, at my parents' house, and reflected on the crazy nature of dreams when I realized that I hadn't really taken LSD either! I love the dream-within-a-dream thing, but this is the first time I've had a dream trip within a dream trip within a dream.

Ha ha, that made me think of your "smokable iboga" dream/vision from Into The Flood!

I've had a few dreams where I could feel the effects of various substances (without actually being on them in real life), but I can't think of any in particular that really stood out as being that vivid. I'm usually frustrated because they're not working.

Had the spooky house dream again last night. It was a much bigger version of the house I used to own in southern Vermont. Like my previous dreams, nothing supernatural took place in the dream, but the house had an all pervading eerie feel to it and I locked the door to one empty room that seemed spookier than the rest and I left the lights on in every other room in the house. My actual house in southern Vermont had to be sold during my divorce proceedings, but somehow in the dream, I managed to get it and I remember fretting about how I was going to pay the property tax. Because of the property tax and the costs of maintenance and upkeep, I was considering selling it, but I decided to keep it because I had made a decision to move to New York City and the house, no matter how spooky, would have made a nice retreat from city life.

Ha ha, that made me think of your "smokable iboga" dream/vision from Into The Flood!

I've had a few dreams where I could feel the effects of various substances (without actually being on them in real life), but I can't think of any in particular that really stood out as being that vivid. I'm usually frustrated because they're not working.

Yeah actually that dream had the feel of the iboga dreams very strongly. Sometimes my dreams feel so much like my ibogaine dreams.

Up until recently, all my drug dreams involved generally just trying to do drugs, but never actually getting to and being frustrated. Or occasionally I would do them but only feel the faintest of effects that basically amounted to placebo. Lately, for some reason, they've usually involved actually feeling the drugs, which is cool. :)

My sleep patterns have been very erratic for a number of reasons (mainly insomnia from alcohol/benzo withdrawal), so I haven't had anything good to share lately.

I only remember one vague dream from a few nights ago where I was helping my dad work at an Italian deli that had a large playground swing hanging from the ceiling!

My insomnia has reigned supreme as of late. When I do sleep I don't recall any dreams.

I had an extremely vivid dream last night, it was long and went through many stages, but in the last stage, I was checking all my cryptocurrencies I have some of and every one of them was crashing really hard except ethereum was soaring up. I had several false awakenings where I thought I had woken up in my girlfriend's bed (which is where I actually was) and checked coinmarketcap to see if my dream market crash was real, and it would be real. Eventually I actually woke up and was late and had to skedaddle out of there to get to work, so I couldn't check until I got home and I honestly had no idea whether the false awakenings were actual awakenings. Turns out the dream was a bit of an exaggerated premonition, everything did dip a good bit because bitcoin took a big steamy shit again, except ethereum which went up because people are realizing it's going to replace bitcoin and switching. But the severity of the dip in reality was much less than in my dream.

I had a dream last night that I was up at my grandma's lake house (I have a lot of dreams that take place there), with my cousins. A lot of things happened that I only vaguely remember, something involving the neighbor, and some sort of show we were going to, but the last part of it I do remember. My girlfriend was there with me and we were talking to someone and she was saying she really wants to have sex with "chalwah", who I knew in the dream to be this dreddy guy in a regaae band. I was uncomfortable with this idea, but I was trying to play it cool... it seems we had talked about this and agreed we could have sex with other people. I was feeling jealous though... I was imagining her being really into it and it made my skin crawl. I was feeling insecure because I was like, man, you seem way more excited about this than about me. I started teasing her a little like my mom used to do to me about liking girls when I was a little boy, like "oh, so you think he's cute, huh", and she was like, yeah he's really hot... but hey, who do you think is hot? You can have sex with them. I thought about that and it did seem pretty cool. I was like, I hope I don't get jealous, and she gave me a hug and was really sweet about it. That's the last thing I remember.

I had a dream last night where I was lost in the desert. Full-blown hallucinations and delirium too. I just kept walking and walking, would see a pool of clear water, and when I got there, it was gone. Finally as I'm walking I feel something hit me on my shoulder, in my delirium I think it's rain. When I look up it is raining... scarabs... then I woke up.

Oddest dream I've ever had, I've been to a desert once in my life, and have never seen a scarab.

Whoa that's really crazy bp. Kinda gave me chills reading it.