• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Hey I had a dream early this morning. It's now bearing 10 pm so it's faded alot....

I was me, the same age that i am now, inside I house I don't recognize from real life, alongside a preschool aged family member (who is indeed real) yet in the dream this was My Child.

She played and milled around like young kids do, among items I understood to belong to herself and myself (though it was all new and interesting to me).

All through the dream I was exploring this place and it's contents; it seems I was searching for other ppl I never found.

That one was great. :) I love how in dreams, things can exist as two places/things at once, seamlessly.

I haven't been remembering my dreams enough to be able to write them down recently... hopefully tonight I'll remember, I love it when I can remember them and then write them down, and then I can always remember them some when I re-read it. :)

I'm sitting in a poorly lit room with a group of people I've never seen in my life. They all look to be half conscious, I smell stale cigarette smoke and a hint of rubbing alcohol.

I look down and see a loaded rig in my left hand, and my belts wrapped around my right bicep, without a moment's thought I pull it tight with my teeth, then like I did for all those years, inserted the needle into the vein in my wrist, one of the few good veins I have left. I pull the plunger back and see a swirl of crimson enter the rig, I push the plunger and release my hold on my belt. Seconds later I feel comforting warmth radiate from my chest as a light fog blankets my mind,and then sweet sweet bliss. I close my eyes and when I open them I'm laying in my bed, that sweet warmth nothing but a distant memory.

That sounds like a nice dream, the kind that's a bummer to wake up from. :) I had a dream once when I was single (actually it was one of my ibogaine dreams), where I met this woman, or rather, I knew her, but didn't experience that part, it was just the way that dream reality was. She was beautiful and it was crazy to feel these feelings for someone who actually only exists in your head.

Also, hey congrats, Bluelight has officially entered your dreams. Now you can't escape! =D When I did ibogaine, Bluelight and particular Bluelighters were in a number of my dreams.

Also, hey congrats, Bluelight has officially entered your dreams. Now you can't escape! =D When I did ibogaine, Bluelight and particular Bluelighters were in a number of my dreams.

Haha, this was the first one that I can remember where that happened. The next time that I have a full-blown lucid dream, I know that I'll be thinking, "I better do/see something cool so I can tell my Bluelight friends about it"!

Actually, I haven't had a really lucid one since starting the thread. (Un-)fortunately, most of them occurred during the short stage of withdrawal from various substances when I could actually sleep but wasn't fully over it yet. Not worth enduring just for a few cool dreams though!

I've had lucid dreams for as long as I can remember though... at least since my early teens and long before any real use of drugs or alcohol. I'm sure that as my brain continues to repair itself and come back to life, I'll start having them more than ever. I've gotten much better at recognizing and somewhat-controlling them since I've really been studying it the past year or so. I'm still a novice compared to some oneironauts!

Oh man, I've had a few nights in a row of crazy dreams but I don't have enough time to post them right now! I took good notes in my handwritten journal though, and I still remember everything vividly. Coming soon...

:D

I've been having pretty vivid dreams but then not writing anything down and having to work right away when I wake up, so I don't remember anything about them. I do remember the end of this dream where this girl was flirting with me and at the end she kissed me and I started kissing her back, and then I woke up and felt kinda weird since it wasn't my girlfriend. That was 2 mornings ago, but it's all I remember other than some scenes from a familiar dream world that I've often visited.

I had a dream that my cats came home with a bunch of other cats. Then my neighbour's dog came over and snarled at them, which precipitated this weird standoff between a bunch of dogs and a bunch of cats.

Then there were some golden retriever puppies for some reason. Everything was cool after that.

Until the delivery man shows up with my lasagna and it tastes terrible. Then I started thinking deep thoughts about the implausibility of everything that has recently transpired and I woke up.

I could still taste low quality lasagna.

I had a dream that my cats came home with a bunch of other cats. Then my neighbour's dog came over and snarled at them, which precipitated this weird standoff between a bunch of dogs and a bunch of cats.

Then there were some golden retriever puppies for some reason. Everything was cool after that.

Until the delivery man shows up with my lasagna and it tastes terrible. Then I started thinking deep thoughts about the implausibility of everything that has recently transpired and I woke up.

I could still taste low quality lasagna.

I love the randomness of this! It's awesome :D

I had 2 dreams last night. My girlfriend just got home after almost 2 months away and she was spending the night. These happened in the wee hours of the AM when I briefly woke up 2 different times.

Dream #1 (12-4-2017):

I was at a house party, hanging out with my friends. Then I saw this girl that I was semi-dating directly before I met my girlfriend. I was really attracted to her but she kinda yanked me around. Nothing ever happened, but she would always try to tell me that she wanted a physical relationship with no commitment, which I was into, but then she'd act differently in person whenever I saw her. She also on 2 separate occasions made out with friends (not close friends but like party friends) of mine in front of me. She was playing some sort of game, but I did really like her for a while. The last time I tried anything with her was right after my girlfriend and I met, we hadn't defined anything yet and were really casual, and after only 2.5 weeks she went off to California to trim buds for 2 months (same thing she just got back from, she does it every year), and during that time this girl reached out and said she wanted to have casual sex with me (never did but yeah, anyway I tried to make it happen).

Anyway, in the dream, this girl was at the party and she was smiling at me. She was sitting on a couch (weirdly this party house was my living room in my old apartment from 10 years ago), so I went to sit on the floor between her knees, and she started running her fingers through my hair so I laid my head back in her lap and looked up at her face. Then she leaned down and started kissing me. The rest of the dream consisted of us trying to find a place to have sex but it never happened. In the dream I felt guilty about trying to cheat on my girlfriend, it was like we were together just like in real life but for some reason in the dream I couldn't help myself but try to go for this girl anyway. When I woke up I just turned over and snuggled my girlfriend because damn am I glad I went in that direction instead. :)

Dream #2 (12-4-2017):

In this dream, my extended family and I were all at my parents' house for Christmas. More stuff happened before this, but the first thing I remember is being like, whoa, I forgot to get my cousin Linda a gift! Now, in reality my cousins and I don't get each other gifts for Christmas, but in the dream I felt bad and slightly frantic about it. Then I remembered my mom had gotten me a piece of music equipment I really wanted (to be honest I'm not sure what it was, some sort of digital drum pad or something, as opposed to the sort of thing I'd actually want). I was really excited about this thing but I decided I needed to give it to my cousin instead. So I wrapped it all nicely and gave it to her. She was about halfway through opening it when I was like, whoa, what am I doing? This was my gift, plus she doesn't even play music at all, why would I give this to her?! So I interrupted her and told her I was sorry but I couldn't give it to her, and I ran upstairs with it and put it back in my room. I felt like a giant asshole.

Then the next thing I remember, I was with my other cousin, and we were out in a field with a compound (a huge reinforced-looking building) at the other end of it. We noticed my friend Collin (who I play music with sometimes and used to be in a band with) with a crew of people and a television crew, breaking into the compound. In my dream he was both Collin and my college friend Mike who actually in real life owns/runs a consulting firm where he stages a break-in to a facility (the facility is his client) in order to understand the strengths and weaknesses of their security, and then makes suggestions/improvements to their security system/procedures. My cousin was like, oh my god, is that <insert name of host of some TV show that doesn't really exist where they film a guy who owns a consulting firm that stages break-ins for clients>?? Oh my god, that's crazy, I love that show! I was like, oh, him? Yeah he's one of my really good friends. My cousin was all star-struck and wanted me to introduce him and get an autograph for him. But before we could do that, I woke up.

I had this dream last night that was quite interesting. I was back at my childhood home in upstate NY, and my parents were saying something mean things to me about something. I started arguing right back and being even worse in response, just kind of going completely off the wall. Anyways, after this, I looked outside and went outside with my mom. Somehow, in this dream, my mom and I were both cats. Except somehow we had wings and could glide (but not fly, basically like a flying squirrel that was a cat).

We both climbed up a tree in the front yard that my cat (who I still have now) used to climb when I was in my early teen years. We went from one tree to another (as we were cats with wings rather than ordinary cats). Then, there was another cat with wings that flew past us and brushed my mom (and was still also a winged cat). Unfortunately, this winged cat was rabid but my mom was fine even though it touched her.

We were avoiding it, and I showed her the edge of the hilltop area where we lived by a natural gas pipeline (this was similar to the surroundings of where I grew up IRL). We both kind of sped downward along this area as our wings allowed us to glide downhill. Ultimately, we were at the bottom and a strong windstorm kicked up. It was possibly going to rain. We decided we'd hide under a rock (and were unusually nervous about the idea of any rain, as well were still both cats).

Then, somehow we were upstairs in my childhood home and were in human form, but we remembered being cats earlier. It started getting sunny at this point but the wind was still strong. My mom and I were simply interacting normally. We were wondering about how we would have dealt with it if we were still cats and it was raining (sometimes I'd look out the window and it looked like it was going to rain, other times it's was sunny yet I wanted it to be raining). We just agreed that we'd find a rock but the idea made me (and likely her as well nervous because there could be another animal under there). I felt though that my rock idea still would have been the best way to deal with it and had the idea that cats who go outside probably do the same often if not one is there to let them in at the moment or they're outdoor cats (always used to make me slightly nervous IRL if I wasn't around to let him in, especially if it rained I'd feel terrible for him out there.... yet somehow he was usually relatively dry as he'd always seem to find a spot to avoid getting wet). At the time, we were unable to get back up to the house due to the steep slope and the storm so we had to just kind of find a spot where there was not much around. And we determined we would have been able to.

All in all, I felt that this dream was quite meaningful as bizarre as it was. I'm still kind of trying to decipher the meaning of it though. Also, this is the only dream where I was an animal, that I remember.

I can usually understand written or printed text in my dreams, but the words are often misspelled or jumbled up a bit. Only occasionally are they perfectly legible like in the greeting card dream.

Also, they usually change if I turn away and then look back at them. That's actually one of the "reality checks" that lucid dreamers use to tell if they're dreaming. Another one is to count the number of fingers on each hand, because they're rarely correct and often change as well.

I'm about to flip through some of my dream journals and start picking out some of the best (or worst!) to post here. Stay tuned, my friends...

I can read in dreams as well but not long sections of text and not typically all that well. Like short pieces of information are fine or names/signs are okay. Yet I wouldn't be able to read a book or something in a dream due to lack of focus nor would I want to.

Here's one for the Books.

(Irl I'm female, 44, on my 2nd marriage n all my kids are grown up n living on their own.)

So this morning (my dreams always occur in the early morning just prior to waking up).... I was in a dream in which I am Me, the age that i am now, sitting around speaking with the dad n brothers of my first husband; we were chatting as any family would.... my first husband came in from the fields and I spoke to him as I would have 20 years ago...I asked him where our oldest child was? He responded (I don't rem his answer but it was As If she were a small child... irl she's almost 23).

So everything was mixed; then n now. I then made a statement to my first husband regarding something " at home later"--- maybe what's for dinner or some odd thing....and he spoke, "yeah RIGHT. We got divorced don't ya remember? ?"

I looked around at his dad, his brothers, himself and saw that they are Aged. ... they are not the young men they were at the start of the dream. I set there thinking sooooooo hard and trying to recall......

Finally it hit me: years and years have passed n we are married to other ppl. Our kids are grown. I am not WITH him any more.

Ttytt it hurt.

Those kinds of dreams always hurt. Every once in a while I dream about the girl I was with at 16, we were bad for each other but we loved each other. Always ends with me seeing her with her husband and daughters, always fucks me up.

So Ive been having sleep paralysis as of late but its different than before. Its almost like Im dreaming of myself suffering from sleep paralysis which then manifests itself as actual sleep paralysis. Its hard to explain but I can feel the difference if that makes any sense at all.

I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis. Is it substance related or .....?

One of my daughters had night terrors around age 6.... she tried to open a window with intent to jump OUT ! asleep the whole damn time..... yikes

Those kinds of dreams always hurt. Every once in a while I dream about the girl I was with at 16, we were bad for each other but we loved each other. Always ends with me seeing her with her husband and daughters, always fucks me up.

Weird because we're both happily married to other spouses we've been with for 16-17 years..... geeeeepers

I've never heard of Sleep Paralysis. Is it substance related or .....?

One of my daughters had night terrors around age 6.... she tried to open a window with intent to jump OUT ! asleep the whole damn time..... yikes

My understanding is that it's sort of an inbetween state of wakefulness and sleep. I believe when we fall asleep our body releases chemicals to sedate us and the state of sleep paralysis is when your vision and consciousness have returned, but for a few seconds you can't move. In addition, hallucinations are common. It's not drug related, but I wouldn't be surprised if drugs could increase the chance of it happening.

I can only recall one experience, where I woke up couldn't move and I thought I saw a face in front of me, but I couldn't move or scream. Suddenly it disappeared and I was sitting up covered in sweat. It's weird and it happens so quickly.

^^^^ I'm sorry to hear of such a condition
Jesus .
What I've got is a weird myalgia or neuropathic pain going on, mostly in hands n arms. ..... as soon as I start to wake up, maybe 4 outta 7 mornings a week, I feel that awful tightness and PRESSURE in my hands n arms n that's it, I'm Up. No matter how tired I am or how much additional sleep I would LOVE to get. As soon as I'm in the Upright position, the neuropathy (?) Ends.

I'm a lil worried it's cardiac related but I had a physical two months ago n all was well but a Slight elevation in blood sugar and kinda high cholesterol (both of which I elect NOT to treat by medication).

I am over 40.
Long term cigarette smoker.
About 50 pounds over my comfortable weight--- 70 pounds over "ideal" weight by medical standards.

My sleep SUCKS too.