• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

Wow, that's powerful... gave me chills to read about. I had a dream where I died, while I was on my ibogaine flood dose. I died and was born again, it was one of the craziest experiences I've had. I also had a dream recently where in the dream my ego dissolved, as powerfully as during any psychedelic experience I've ever had.

That dream actually gives me alot of comfort. Its a relief to feel that inner peace even if its only for a brief moment.

Hi Dreamflyer
I am a lucid dreamer as well
I don't keep a journal of them. They are often devastating bad dreams. I am not a current substance user (except caffeine n cigarettes).

I just wanted to mention I'm able to read extensive blocks of text in dreams tho they are often nonsensical.
I also experience character-merge. This is VERYoften. A person starts out as being say , my dad. I look away for a moment n he then my brother or my ex husband. ..... males stay male and females stay female. Age-merging happens ALOT. I can be talking to my daughter (she'll appear to be 14 or so) ... I look away and she is now preschool aged .

The most disconcerting part of my dreams is my Awareness the whole time that it is definitely a dream, but I am privy to information : should I TELL my parents "I know when and how you're going to die. We need to plan/ make changes "..... (in real life my parents are indeed dead now ).
And no matter what the dream entails for adventures or activity I am NEVER given the chance to warn / tell / advise my parents about their deaths. Incidentally my parents always appear to be 40-50 years old. Their ages never change but theiridentities might merge into others.

I've never read up on Interpreting dreams because I do not believe anyone but the Dreamer of the dream could possibly know it's true meaning.

Thanks so much for taking the time to write! :D

It's a shame that a lot of your dreams are bad. Mine haven't been a whole lot of fun lately due to having more on my mind, but they haven't been too terrible. I was terrorized by nightmares all through my childhood, and night terrors into my early 20's. Lucid dreaming helped with that a lot actually.

I get the "trying to warn people" dream too. I usually think that I've gone back in time and don't realize I'm dreaming. Other times though, it's mainly lucid with the exception that I still think that my dream characters are real people and that I can actually change real-life events somehow! It's like my brain can never 100% let go.

I don't interpret dream "signs" or symbols like a lot of books do, because I think that it goes a lot deeper than that. Often the emotion behind something in the dream can change its whole meaning, as can the details surrounding it.

You might consider keeping a private dream journal like I've done for years. Just write the ones that you want to remember. Write them in abbreviations or "code" if you like, so that you can write personal things without worrying if other people read them. It can be very therapeutic at times.

Oh yeah, love Dylan but just heard that one for the first time. Awesome! My dad actually still has his first several albums on vinyl from when they first came out in the early 1960's. I think that one of them might even be in mono!

I love hearing about your dreams, dreamflyer. :) You have a gift for describing things in a visceral way that puts you (the reader, me in this case) right there inside your head.

Welcome to my mind! =D A splendid time is guaranteed for all. Glad that you enjoy and appreciate them.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't interpret dream "signs" or symbols like a lot of books do, because I think that it goes a lot deeper than that. Often the emotion behind something in the dream can change its whole meaning, as can the details surrounding it.

Yeah, it's just like how in waking thought, sometimes something very unconnected or even opposite in feeling will trigger a thought about some idea/concept, which will then pop into your head. Sometimes this sort of thing even causes negative feelings, such a guilt for thinking about this thing in response to that thing. It's the same, except a dream is filled with all sorts of imagery and storyline involving these random thought associations, it's the internal world of your thoughts played out seemingly externally.

As such, any imagery's meaning (if any, sometimes our brains are just weird, some of the random connections in my thoughts are literally absurd, sometimes it feels almost like a failed thought branch that terminates itself once you realize it's gone nowhere) is going to be determined entirely by the context of the thoughts surrounding it. The "meaning" of a symbol could be literally anything, depending on the person. I don't believe one can say that in dreams this always means that.

Aren't dreams so crazy?? I love that I am finally able to have a good dream life again. It's so fascinating observing the way dreams flow, they're such a fluid thing where concepts blend freely in this very subconscious sort of way. It says a lot about the way the brain works IMO, even in ordinary consciousness. In ordinary consciousness our perceptions of the external world are still determined by the external world, but I find that my thoughts still work in a similar way as they do in dreams. It's just that in the dream, the entire scenario/"storyline" will change along with those branching thoughts. since there is nothing external to bounce it back off of.

One thing that never ceases to amaze me is how they always seem to resolve themselves somehow at the very end, almost like a movie. (I've even had a few that at least partly took the form of an actual movie... complete with rolling credits at the end!)

I always wonder if my brain feels itself waking up and writes a quick "story ending"... if it wakes up BECAUSE the dream is complete... a combination of both or something different entirely.

^^^^^ I'm so jealous.
My dreams NEVER EVER resolve themselves. City of Cliffhanger. Population : me.

Last night I actually had a dream (they are rare these days) . It was some non sensical fragments but eventually a plot sort of emerged.

I was in a house , my home (aware of this being my home but I didn't recognize it from real life at all). One of my own daughters is around playing, diggin thru closets n milling around . She is perhaps 11 years old n i realixe she is in charge perhaps babysitting two much younger twin girls about age four. I enter a bedroom n see all 3 girls in various stages of dress up and make up: it dawns on me oh it's Halloween.

I see a little dachshund I don't recognise from real life yet I'm aware somehow that she Belongs to the two twin girls. I go about my chores or whatever and am speaking via telephone (a cordless house phone circa maybe 1995) to a man. I'm aware this man is NOT my husband yet talking to him makes me feel all fluttery-hearted. (*am I having an AFFAIR? my lucid mind wonders n i realize I need to see this fella!)

So of course that wish comes true near immediately. A knock at the front door (peeking out my door I realize this Is a condo / apt not a house) . The guy THIS IS THE GUY so i hang up the phone n hug him very friendly / familiar yet non romantically. I take a good look. Hmmmm not bad. He's a cross between Dennis Leary in the mid-90s / viggo mortensen mid 2000s. He's cute enuf yet we regard each other completely as friends.
He asks about his Girls. They come running hugs kisses so does the dog. I was right. They all belong. They scamper off to resume dress up play n we chat over coffee .

It's immediately clear he's coming outta jail and I am helping him out somehow. I ask where ya headed then? He says He will be camping. I look at the window (cold dark Shitty late October ) . I can tell he is not one to be coddled. I ask (realizing without being told he said "I'm just gonna be campin" not "we") that the Children will continue to stay with me.

I ask if I can offer blankets? A radio? Food? He says he's got all that covered but will take Betty. . . At first I dunno who Betty is but the black dauschsund comes runnin at the sound of her name.
I say "ah ha. Well.... you watch her in those campgrounds. No bringing 8 or 10 pupsto my door in two months ".

He seems ready to leave so soon n i realixe I dont want him to but that intuition tells me again not to offer him to stay on here. I tell him to stay warm n take care (he gives me a long soft warm sweet hug --THIS now feels romantic but when I pull back he looks just.... grateful. Appreciative. In my debt. )

He looks ready to cry but I soon realize why. He must bid his Girls goodbye again
So I step back as the twins approach kinda whining/ sad/ don't want daddy to leave.

The dream ends there. I never actually see him leave
Im often struck by how much Intel is just Intuitive in dreams. Alot
I'm aware of things but no idea why I'm aware of them. I left out a few details such as clothing the kids were trying on, trying to make into some kind of outfit. In real life I don't recognize these items at all yet in the dream I'm aware that they are mine, they are older and / or no longer fit me
One little tan suede dress I'm even saddened it doesn't fit anymore n i tell the girls they can cut fringe along its hem and become Pocahontas.

WTF

Another example of no true Ending. No real explanation as to who this man and his kids are (I don't know any gentlemen with twin girls n a dog. At all)
And yes I've always had a crush on actor viggo mortensen but nothing for Dennis Leary.
Weird. None of it made much sense.

Remembered a lucid dream I had the other night, shortly before waking for work. I was trying to invent a contraption to crush hazel nuts to a specific diameter. Worked my way through a couple of design iterations, testing it and modifying it as I went. It never really occurred to me what the point of it was, it wasn't based on anything from real life and it's not a particular dilemma I've ever faced haha, but it seemed worth running with at the time really. I think I may have even gotten up to go downstairs to get more water then returned back to sleep and entered back into the same dream again, trying to solve the problem. Nuts!

Haha! =D Dreams are so weird. I had a dream recently where my girlfriend and I were in this house and we spent the whole dream trying to evade an invading alien force... hiding in places, misdirection, etc. It was almost like watching a movie. I've also had a fever dream where I was every leaf on a tree and my (absolutely crucial) task was to ride the wind currents successfully whenever one of my leaves fell (I was a bunch of individual leaves at the same time, it was quite weird), so that the leaf would re-attach somewhere to the tree. It was so tedious, such a long night, very unpleasant because every single one required full attention. Upon waking up I still semi-participated in this exercise mentally, sort of subconsciously, for a couple of hours.

^^^^^ THIS EXACTLY

I got up to go potty n ran back to bed cuddled in n prayed for further sleep to allow that "jail guy n twin girls " dream to continue. *** sometimes I get lucky and this happens. Alas, not today.

If I dream at all about my parents I'm very sad when I awake. Glad OF course that I "got to see them n hear their voices"-'-- it's been so long since I heard mom..... but I'm always so sad it's ended. And they are again, Gone from my senses.

Ya ever wonder about all that quantum physical "parallel universe" talk? Perhaps we DO KNOW these places these ppl these alternate lives ???

I had a dream last night that I was trapped inside my car and there were millions of bees everywhere (bear in mind Im allergic to bee stings) - I kept on trying to swat them away and to get out the car but was having no luck.

I then woke up in a panic and felt so vivid I actually had to catch my breath

I had arachnophobia really bad as a kid, where I'd get so freaked out if one dropped down in front of me that I'd sort of semi-black out for a sec and come to running away in terror. I don't anymore but I still find them repulsive and don't want them on me. A few years ago I was having some dream and I started waking up and opening my eyes before the dream was done... as I opened my eyes I came almost fully conscious and I saw, from above my bed, dozens or maybe hundreds of spiders descending down on webs towards me. They were sort of drifting, and quite large. I panicked and jumped up out of bed, and then over the next few seconds I realized it wasn't real.

Ya ever wonder about all that quantum physical "parallel universe" talk? Perhaps we DO KNOW these places these ppl these alternate lives ???

I used to think about that a lot, the idea that when we dream, we're experiencing an alternate self, one of our countless (infinite?) other lives. I think it's more likely it's in our heads though, just because of how it changes with what you're thinking and doesn't obey rational laws. But I suppose it could be that we're experiencing something in an entirely different universe with different laws. I just think it's more likely it's not actually real. But who knows? And some dreams are far more real-feeling than others.

One recurring theme I HATED in my dreams for 10-12 years was:

I would keep missing or losing my man. The man I was in love with (and we were together irl for ten of those years). He would appear in the dream and I would try catching up to him. ... he was always far ahead or would turn a corner n i would lose him.
Or-- he'd be in chatting distance but unable to see or hear me there.

Very frustrating.
Real life ended up following the art of dreams. Now I LITERALLY cannot reach the man as he IS gone from my life.

One recurring theme I HATED in my dreams for 10-12 years was:

I would keep missing or losing my man. The man I was in love with (and we were together irl for ten of those years). He would appear in the dream and I would try catching up to him. ... he was always far ahead or would turn a corner n i would lose him.
Or-- he'd be in chatting distance but unable to see or hear me there.

Very frustrating.
Real life ended up following the art of dreams. Now I LITERALLY cannot reach the man as he IS gone from my life.

Awww that breaks my heart for you. Some dreams you definitely don't want to come true.

When I was 10 I had a very vivid dream of our car diving off a bridge in roanoake. I've been scared of bridges ever since.

^^^^^ I don't know what dreams "mean" but sometimes mine have managed to become self-fulfilling prophecy.
I hope and pray your bridge dream is nothing of the sort.

I had a dream the other day that would make absolutely no sense to anyone except me and the two friends in it but it was the first time I actually laughed myself awake. Just thinking of it now makes me giggle.

^^^^^ I don't know what dreams "mean" but sometimes mine have managed to become self-fulfilling prophecy.
I hope and pray your bridge dream is nothing of the sort.

I'm hoping this trend doesn't continue.

Only good dreams for you for now on!

I had a dream the other day that would make absolutely no sense to anyone except me and the two friends in it but it was the first time I actually laughed myself awake. Just thinking of it now makes me giggle.

This pleased me more than it should!

Ha ha, I think I mentioned a few posts back how I had a lucid dream where I tried to make a woman I liked come around the corner, and got something that looked like a 3 foot-tall muppet version of that fat green thing from Ghostbusters! I laughed myself awake, still in mid-laugh/mumble in real life! I was like, "C'mon subconscious... really???" 8(

i had a dream the other day that would make absolutely no sense to anyone except me and the two friends in it but it was the first time i actually laughed myself awake. Just thinking of it now makes me giggle.

*** do tell !*****

Wish i had more to share. mostly nightmares anymore