• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

⫸STICKY⫷ ★ Dream Journal : Share your dreams ☯

I don't think I've ever had this many rock stars, friends and family show up in the same dream before...

November 3-4, 2018: "Drunk-Driving Rock Star"

I was in the parking lot of some gas station writing a funny song. It was actually based on a phrase that had popped into my head just as I was falling asleep. The only thing I remember is that it contained the words "dollhouse" and the name of a 1970's male rock band, which I think was Thin Lizzy
but I'm not sure. Meanwhile, Belinda Carlisle was sitting there with a female guitar player and singing an acoustic version of "Vacation".

I drove away to my friend's house but kept on getting lost. I could barely see, as though everything was close-up and out of focus. I drove around the block a few times until I finally found the place. When I got there, my parents were also hanging out (they'd never been there in real life) and joked with me for taking so long. I stood up next to a fireplace (which doesn't actually exist) in the living room until I realized that flames were shooting out of it.

My buddy and I walked down the street and he showed me some house with a doorbell that played "Wicked Game" by Chris Isaak when you turned it. He and I then left to watch a free Billy Joel concert in the parking lot of a nearby pharmacy, and I suddenly found myself with a bunch of half-filled beer bottles in my coat pockets. This isn't something that I would ever do in real life, and I wasn't sure how they had gotten there. It was time to leave but I didn't want to drive because I couldn't remember if I had been drinking or not.

(It gets really hard to explain from here...)

It turned into a combination of watching a documentary and seeing the past unfold right before my eyes. Apparently there had been a classic rock all-star jam like the Rolling Stones' "Rock & Roll Circus" nearby, and one of the musicians (who looked and acted a lot like Keith Moon but played guitar) was very drunk. Brian Wilson was also there, as was Pete Townshend and I'm not sure who else.

The "Keith Moon"-type dude left in his car and caused a bad accident on the main road that involved a school bus. Luckily, I don't think that anyone was seriously injured. Somehow I thought that I could not only travel back in time but also temporarily take his place and prevent the whole incident from happening. Unfortunately, I became a "doppelganger" who looked like him while the actual "him" was still there!

His wife was watching him from an ice cream shop next door and I said something like, "He's not really me; I'm me!" in an attempt to keep her from completely freaking out. The last thing I remember is taking him (I was myself and back in the present day again) to make amends with Eric Clapton, who was running a Mexican restaurant. While I was there, I realized that my grandfather had given me his wallet full of cash so I decided to order a bunch of Mexican food.

(I woke up and made myself tacos for breakfast... no lie!)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot mine the past several days. Today i woke up with a slight memory of something i dreamed of, not knowing if it happened in real life or not.

This happens often, and when i end up doing what i did in my dream it's the ultimate deja vu.

This one's from a few nights ago...

November 4-5, 2018: "Cameo in 'Sopranos' Opening Sequence"

I was working as an "extra" (background actor) in some movie about the early 1900's, where I sat in an old-fashioned concert hall watching some play. I even got to wear and old Victorian-type suit, which was pretty cool.

I remembered that I had apparently (in the dream) made a cameo in the opening sequence of "The Sopranos" back in 1999 and tried to find it on my cell phone. I plugged the wrong AC adapter in and the thing began to smoke. I ran out of the theater, then worried that everyone would think it was a bomb. I went back to get it but it didn't work anymore.

I later saw the video at home (on a computer inside a refrigerator for some reason) and it showed me getting out from the back seat of a limo and walking down the road in a tank top, gym pants and moccasins! I looked good, but I was sort of hunched over and shaky from nerves. My mom saw it and said that I was "cowering".

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

There was an episode (maybe more than one?) of the Sopranos which focus a fair bit on Tony Soprano's dreams. I remember certain parts that seemed to be based in the early 20th century too.

Strange episode, really captures the randomness and constant morphing and re-arranging of events that seems so common in dreams.

I had a dream i had the closet i wanted, huge with beautiful clothing and different wigs and it was sort of like being sixties goldie hawn. I could see all the detail of the clothing and it was like a museum. Then the dresm turned bad and i wanted to shoplift out of my favorite store and there was also a sad empty attic with nothing and ugliness. So i should probably not shoplift. Or something. It was vague. The items were clear. Divine design.

There was an episode (maybe more than one?) of the Sopranos which focus a fair bit on Tony Soprano's dreams. I remember certain parts that seemed to be based in the early 20th century too.

Strange episode, really captures the randomness and constant morphing and re-arranging of events that seems so common in dreams.

I remember the 'talking fish" episode. That was a strange one! :D

I forgot to post this one last week. It was brief but pretty cool...

November 6-7, 2018: "Live-in Dollhouse"

I found a small model of a house (about 1 foot tall and 2 feet wide) and some small model trees and such, so I decided to set up a miniature scene in my living room. When I did, it sort of came to life and I realized that I could somehow shrink down in size and enter it.

When I stepped back outside I went back to being full-sized and looking down at it again, but this time it was very lifelike. As soon as I started to take it apart, it returned to being a model again.

I haven't been remembering my dreams lately. Kind of a bummer... likely it's in part due to starting to smoke weed again, but I had a pretty long period of remembering dreams vividly while smoking weed last year.

My recurring dream of a tour of North Korea mid civil war whilst attempting to smuggle drugs through a dystrophic asian country and all the weird sexual chemistry with kim Jong (who looks like an old Vietnamese dealer I knew) is back. Kim leads a tour which is gloomy and rural but ends in a spiral car park full of decaying cars but we have sex in a limo and it is v good i must say.

The country is wedged between a marauding non exisrrnt almost Mongolian like tribal country and a non existant utopia looking like San Francisco. But Ssn Fran is not going to last as its sinking into a tsunami and to get there the plane must get through the asian country with the death penalty full of drugs.

My dreams have been so annoyingly mundane lately that I'm not even giving them titles, but I guess they're worth mentioning anyway.

November 11-12, 2018:

I rubbed some kind of motor oil on my face because it was supposed to be good for the skin. I also drank a shot of clear moonshine that was supposed to be from the 1800's.

November 12-13, 2018:

I couldn't find my car in the parking lot of an apartment building and ended up inside with an ex-girlfriend and an old female friend of mine making breakfast. I started to write a song with the line, "Dude, where's my car?"!

November 13-14, 2018:

I went to a local bar and saw a lady who looked exactly like a girl I knew in high school. I said something like, "Didn't we hang out back in the 10th grade?" but she said that I was mistaken. I got the feeling that it really was her but she didn't want to see me for some reason, which was odd because we always got along really well.

November 14-15, 2018:

My uncle said that his father used to get drunk every night on some kind of Polish vodka by Knob Creek. (I think they only make whiskey though.)

November 15-16, 2018:

These were so boring that they're barely worth describing: Dug up a garden in my old back yard, watched TV with some old friends, looked for an Elvis Costello cassette tape that I used to own and ate eggplant parmigiana with my parents.

November 16-17, 2018:

I bought all different kinds of squash at the supermarket: Acorn squash, spaghetti squash and butternut squash. I think I got sweet potatoes too. When I got them home, I read a cookbook that said they could only be cooked by baking them in the oven for some ridiculous amount of time, so I felt like I wasted my money. (Obviously they can be made other ways, which I had to question for a moment after I woke up!)

So there you have it... some of the dumbest dreams ever to grace my sleeping brain!

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

I had a semi-nightmare the other night. In it, I was told that my ex had pushed out the date of our final equitable distribution court hearing an indeterminate amount. My lawyer told me that not only would the court date now happen anywhere from January through the end of summer 2019, but that I would receive a drug test at that point so I had to not smoke weed or do any drugs until then. Then the rest of the dream involved being upset/anxious about this. It pretty much mirrors how I actually feel about it but with an increased feeling of helplessness.

I've had two nights of insomnia so I'm actually kind of missing my mundane dreams right now. It's just part of my mild bipolar/anxiety issues. Back in the "bad old days" I used to drink and/or drug myself to sleep. I consider my occasional sleepless nights a small price to pay for my sobriety.

The good news is that when I do finally fall asleep, I usually go into REM rebound and have some epic dreams, so stay tuned...

I actually slept for a few hours last night. I didn't dream anything epic, but these were pretty cool...

November 29-30, 2018: "Old Records"

I came across boxes of old vinyl albums (remember those?) out by the curb and began to go through them. They were all in mint condition and looked as though they had barely been played. Somebody had put them out for the trash pickup. A couple were by the Velvet Underground, and I think that the others were obscure bands that don't exist in real life. One was some concept album with a song that was about 30 minutes long taking up one side. I brought it inside to play and it was some really trippy, heavily-distorted music.

Same Night: "My Cousin's Front Porch"

I went to visit my cousin and parked in her driveway, which is next to a creek that runs behind her house.

GROSS ALERT: I was on her front porch and realized that I badly needed to take a poop and couldn't make it to the bathroom on time, so I did it right there outside her front door! (No, I didn't actually poop in my bed!)

I went to my car for paper towels to clean it up with before she noticed, and saw that the creek had expanded to the point where half of my car was underwater.

I went back inside her house and found that she had left some old family photos in a large bread baking oven (like at Subway) that was in her living room. I tried to get them out before they went up in flames but the door handle was too hot, and I could actually feel it burning my hand.

This somehow switched to the kitchen of a McDonald's where I started eating a bunch of French fries, then worried that I would get in trouble for stealing them.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

Two partly-lucid/flying dreams in one night... woo-HOO!

November 30-December1, 2018: "Mariska Hargitay"

I was walking down the street with Mariska Hargitay from "Law & Order: SVU". She told me that she had been appointed my legal guardian and was adopting me as her child, which didn't make sense since we're both 50+ years old (not to mention the fact that I've never even met her). I realized that I was dreaming and flew for a minute then came back down to kiss her, but the dream faded at that point.

Same Night: "Living With My Ex"

I found myself sharing a large condo with my ex-girlfriend and Jon Seda from "Chicago P.D." (I watch way too much TV!). I couldn't remember quite how or why I ended up this in situation but didn't figure out that I was dreaming yet.

I tried turning on my cell phone but it was my old Nokia from around 2003 and I couldn't remember how. I found two bowls of macaroni tuna salad in my dresser drawer and they still seemed fresh and cold so I ate them. I noticed that my ex and I had separate beds so I assumed that I hadn't gotten back together with her... thank God!

The dude from "Chicago P.D." came home with his Vicodin (His character is getting addicted to painkillers on the show.) and left them on the counter. I looked at them for a second but wasn't tempted.

Around this point I realized that I was dreaming and began to fly around the large living room. There were vintage guitars and synthesizers mounted all over the walls, so I stopped to check them out for a minute. There was also a huge glass jar of jellybeans on a very high shelf near the ceiling that I grabbed a handful out of.

I went back to walking and explored the condo for a while, eventually coming back to the bedroom. I found a bunch of suits and ties but didn't feel like trying them on, so I sort of blinked my eyes and was instantly wearing one. Looked pretty good on me!

I gazed into a big cube of some sort and saw a creepy-looking metallic silver reflection of my face in it. That's the last thing I remember.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

I've had some long, crazy dreams these past few nights and just got around to posting them now, so I'll try to list the highlights...

December 1-2, 2018: "From Gym To Hell To Hollywood"

I joined a gym and started to do some seated dumbbell curls when a female manager told me that I needed to see a doctor for a full physical checkup before I could continue lifting. I realized that I had left a bunch of my notebooks there, filled with journal entries, dreams, poetry, drawings and so forth. I asked to take them back out, but a male manager (owner?) said that they were the gym's property and began to read though them, which made me very angry.

My mom showed up and began looking through them as well, commenting on entries that she didn't approve of. She brought them out to her car and attempted to shred or incinerate them in the CD player of her car stereo. This caused the car to burst into flames, and we both burned to death inside. The last thing I remember from "Hell" is riding with her down icy roads with some kind of demon chasing after us.

It turned into some kind of movie or TV show being filmed and I was in it. The gym looked like a church and I realized that I was just one of the actors. I was used as an "extra" in a few scenes, sitting at a desk and standing in a lobby. The last thing I remember from this dream was running out to drive away in my car because torrential rains were beginning to flood the streets.

December 2-3, 2018: "French Fries, Adam Levine And My Ex"

I was craving French fries in my old neighborhood but couldn't find anyplace to get some. The local burger/seafood restaurant had stopped making them for some reason. I ran into Adam Levine (Maroon 5, The Voice) and asked if he knew of anywhere local, but he said that he had just moved there.

I noticed that a young woman I used to date was walking right in front of me with her female friend. The friend was trying to talk my ex into leaving some abusive guy that she had apparently begun dating, I considered going up and speaking with her myself but didn't want to seem "creepy" and walked to other way, which I agonized about.

I entered a nearby supermarket for Italian bread, mozzarella cheese, tomato sauce and a coconut cream pie by before returning home.

Sweet Dreams!!!
8(

I've been suffering from chronic insomnia lately so I can only remember one noteworthy dream from last week...

December 11-12, 2018: "Deep-Fried Cheese Sandwich"

My dad and I were at a convenience store and I was looking at deep-fried cheese sandwiches in the frozen section. The freezer had a built-in microwave where I could heat it, but it would have partially warmed the surrounding food and I didn't want to get anyone sick.

My dad said that we had to leave so he could meet my mom at a nearby parking lot to have sex (EWW!) and they only had about 10 minutes. I sat in his car by myself, listening to the radio and staring out the window while they "did the deed" in the back seat of her car.

(Again, EWW!)

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

PS - EWW!

Two lucid flying dreams in one night...

December 26-27, 2018: "Flying In My Old Back Yard"

I was looking at a dollar bill in the kitchen of the house I grew up in, and the denomination kept changing on it. I realized that I was dreaming and said to my dad, "Watch this...". I stepped out onto the deck (which was on the 2nd floor) and flew over the back yard, landing at the edge of it before taking off again and returning to the deck.

I decided to check out my old bedroom and it looked like a cross between that one and my present one. I had a large home recording studio set up in it with multiple synthesizers, so I turned one on and improvised a tune using an organ setting. I found a square hard pack of cigarettes (like Nat Shermans come in) with foreign words on it that kept changing and smoked one, which I could almost taste and feel the sensation of.

The room began to expand until it took on the appearance of a small store of some kind. I started to walk around but it ended there.

Same Night: "Beach Flying And A Trippy City At Night"

I was at the beach at night and there was a motorcycle gang like the Hell's Angels there applying for some kind of job like digging or drilling for oil. I realized that I was dreaming and flew out over the water before returning to the beach. A young woman was walking along the shore and I asked her if she could fly. She said yes and we took off together, holding hands mid-air. I was kind of bummed out because I knew she wasn't real, but it was still pretty cool.

I ended up on a nearby road and everything looked like an old black & white gangster movie. Some kind of "shadow people" showed up and started to gather around me. That creeped me out so I took off flying over the street. As I did, everything took on an insanely psychedelic quality to it (imagine Times Square on acid!) and I began to pick up speed.

I approached an oncoming train and decided to try flying right through it, which I did with ease. I went right down the center aisle past cartoonish-looking people sitting on both sides and came out the other end. There were tall, neon-colored buildings and signs all around. The only one that I could make out was a restaurant called "Choke Link Sushi National" (sounds yummy, doesn't it?), and I kept repeating it to myself so that I would remember it when I woke up.

I started to lose speed and the scenery faded, so I landed on the sidewalk and unfortunately that's where it ended.

Sweet Dreams!!!
Dreamflyer
8(

I haven't been remembering my dreams much for a while now. I probably need to smoke less weed for a while.

I finally remembered a dream, after starting sobriety.

Last night (in my head) I was in a group of ~50 other men, all naked. Everyone had massive cocks except for me. I don't recall feeling any dream shame about it, and no one laughed or anything, but mine was a lot smaller than it was supposed to be.

That was the end.

Oh, and it was in black and white.