• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

TDS Going ct off of gabapentin

sonicwhite

Bluelighter
I’ve been on so many different levels of doses of gabapentin I don’t even know them all since 2012. I escaped it’s clinches in 2011 and went back on it because I wanted something to ease the background anxiety I was having. I was also on . 5 mg of klonopin twice daily.

For the last ten years intermittently I’ve been addictidted to opiates. Mainly Lortab or Norco. I was doing Fent and Roxi’s also. I would try to do any opiate I couldn’t get my hands on. But mainly the last three years it’s been different strengths of Norco.

So me being a curious creature I knew this was going to be the thing that kills me. So I saw a sub doctor. They put me on 16 mg a day of Suboxone which I don’t even need that. I picked up fifteen packages of 8 mg sub film last Wednesday. I have eight packages left so that shows you that I have no desire to abuse nor use too much.

I’m wanting off this darn gabapentin. So I was wondering will at this stage will the subs cover up everything but the nightmares. I know there is nothing for the withdrawal nightmares and have to grit my teeth and deal with it. But I’m so done with gabapentin dragging me back down into addiction. I know subs are for opiate addiction which I have. They have completely stopped my cravings for hydrocodone. But gabapentin is that beast I have no control over and want it gone as well.

Thanks in advance for all who read and also those who responded.

Hey Sonic,
I've been on gabapentin for years but never had w/d's when taking breaks. We all have different experiences but I think this shouldn't be too crazy compared to Vicodin w/d's.
However, if you feel like shit, slowly taper off of it.
How many mg's are you taking?

I’m supposesed to take 600 mg three times day but when I do take breaks from my heavy three day binge I atleast take 300 mg three times a day so you see I’m actually never really detoxing or getting a clean break from them. I can go through ninth six hundred mg pills in two weeks but I will have the worst nightmares when doing so. Hot flashes. Cold sweats. The list goes on. Not as severe as it used to be but still noticeable. They don’t have anything for gabapentin withdrawals and I just get too tempted by them to wean so as you can see I just need to cut it out of my daily drug routine.

I see. Yeah, you're on fairly high doses, if going cold turkey maybe you could use a benzo for a very limited period,but as you know, benzo w/d's are hell too.
You will get a lot of support here though regardless, so keep posting.
The subs should help too. Maybe up your dose to the full 16 while detoxing from the gaba's.
Sorry I can't be of more help, man.

Well I told the sub doc to change it from sixteen to eight. I don’t need sixteen mg to get addicted to. But anyways I’ll just wait out the storm. I have the coolest sub doctor.

How many mg of hydrocodone were you taking a day? Honestly I think you may have upgraded your addiction... suboxone is way more powerful of a drug then hydrocodone, and the withdrawals can be vicious. If it's keeping you from a bad lifestyle that resulted from your addiction to hydrocodone, then I can see why. Just be aware... And tapering is my only advice for the gabapentin, sorry. Withdrawals from anything suck, and some of us are more sensitive to it.

Gabapentin does have withdrawal symptoms.

I was stealing my second dads Norco or buying them off the street. I would have went to harder things had it just been thrown in my face. I was about to get kicked out of where I was living again but this time for good. My chronic use of Norco was leading me down the same path that got my little brother addicted to H.

I chose this because it was going to be the thing that kills me. I would of with no hesitation snorting H this moving along to bigger and worse things. I have no cravings for norcos at all. I also wanted to stop my gabapentin addiction which is probably at its peak. I know that Suboxone does help opiate withdrawal but not something like gabapentin withdrawal. I could never wean due to the temptation of always wanting to get high off of gabapentin.

So as you can see I’m trying to keep my life from getting out of order with Subs. Also I want to stop gabapentin as I see no benefit in it and also news is starting to spread about gabapentin addiction so a lot of docs are now weary of prescribing it. I’m just done with this drug addicted lifestyle and ready to get clean.