• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Ways to lower blood-prsessure?

Ne0

Bluelighter
quetapine and propranolol on ampetamine

can i use quetapine and propranolol 2 hours after taking ampetamine to get sleep, would 300mg be ok? or would 15mg mirtazapine be better?

Last edited:
Well I took 200mg quetapine 4 hours after last dose and slept good. I hate it when I still dose in the middle of night even that I know I have to go to sleep. Good that I have quatapine for taking me out, don't really like staying up, it messes with you're head greatly.

I have pretty high blood pressure for some reason even that I just dosed my first dose of amphetamine. I don't have any benzos or BP/HP medicine, just next ones:
pregabalin (I've read that it can cause rise of blood pressure in some rare instances)
propranolol
quetapine
metoclopramide
ibuprofein
acetaminophen
aspirin

Will any of these drugs help to lower blood pressure?

don't take propanolol. Or any beta blockers with your amphs.

Or any of those. Pregabalin at modest doses could. You're already on two different anti-psychs though. I'd skip the amphs if you're worried about your bp.

Yes, if you are worried about BP all you can really do is use less amps or avoid them outright. Benzos are generally safe to deal with some side effects of amp use while under the influence, but I see you don’t have access.

The antipsychotics will be very useful for the comedown, but taking them under the influence of amps will probably dampen/kill the effects you use them to achieve.

The pregabalin in you best bet, but it doesn’t really do all that much for BP alone. And do keep the dose of pregabalin lower, it at higher dosages it definitely lowers the seizure threshold. I might ask a doctor friend of mine what BP medications an amp user can safely take. I believe there is one in particular, but have no idea of its name off the top of my head.

What does of (what) amps are you refering to in the OP?

Yes, if you are worried about BP all you can really do is use less amps or avoid them outright. Benzos are generally safe to deal with some side effects of amp use while under the influence, but I see you don’t have access.

The antipsychotics will be very useful for the comedown, but taking them under the influence of amps will probably dampen/kill the effects you use them to achieve.

The pregabalin in you best bet, but it doesn’t really do all that much for BP alone. And do keep the dose of pregabalin lower, it at higher dosages it definitely lowers the seizure threshold. I might ask a doctor friend of mine what BP medications an amp user can safely take. I believe there is one in particular, but have no idea of its name off the top of my head.

What does of (what) amps are you refering to in the OP?

It's methamphetamine and dextroamphetamine mix, can't always know when it has meth, but this time I'me sure it has meth as it's been 5 hours of the last dose and still feeling good. Yes I haven't redosed after the amhps powered coffee that I drunk when I woke up. I have eaten aspirine and ibuprofen as I read that they can help with blood pressure, maybe they helped a little, hard to tell as I don't have measuring devices, it's easier to tell about hear rate than about blood-pressure, hear rate isn't that high, higher then normal for sure, but not alerting high. My normal dose is that I feel nice euphoria, I always eyeball it so it's not always exact dose (also because it's always cut to the purity of 1-40% it's impossible to do it anyway) sometimes need to take more after 15min after snorting if not feeling it strong enough.

I'm not sure why today I got high blood pressure and high hear rate, as normally I don't get them from amphetamines, or only to small degrees. I don't think I'm going to dose again today, going sleep (still need to use high dose of quetiapine I think, even after 9 hours of the last dose) and let's see how I feel tomorrow.

Not going to take pregabalin, as the reason to use speed is to have a break from it for 3 days. Yesterday I used however 1050mg pregabalin in the morning and took amphetamines at evening. I do say I felt weird feelings on my body, maybe not the safest mix. But I have used pregabalin in the past even up to 3,5g a day without getting any problems. I think small doses like 300mg with amphetamines aren't that dangerous.

I really need to know if any of my mentioned medication helps, as I can't get anything else right now. I read that hot shower and deep breathing will lower blood pressure, so need to do try these if there is nothing else that helps right now.

Last edited:
Breath exercises can definitely help with BP. If you need to deal with the BP like NOW, take a moderate to high dose of antipsychotic. It will help bring you down and lower BP in that regard.

What dose of speed do you take?

Breath exercises can definitely help with BP. If you need to deal with the BP like NOW, take a moderate to high dose of antipsychotic. It will help bring you down and lower BP in that regard.

What dose of speed do you take?

It doesn't really say anything as the quality varies a lot, so you never can tell how much amphetamines it does have. But I have lot of tolerance because binged on it for month almost, just had 1 week break from them. This speed is decent as I need orally only around 0,3g. snorted 0,2g, which is good as last time got so low quality product that had to take 0,6-8g (must be 2% quality) at once, I had super high tolerances already but still it's unacceptable. I don't think my dose is too big anyway, I can tell when I've taken too much speed, I feel sick then, but this time it's the usual dose to get pleasurable effects from amphetamines.

I must think about taking quetiapine soon, my feet feel cold and have that strange feeling when you have high BP.

I have pretty high blood pressure for some reason even that I just dosed my first dose of amphetamine. I don't have any benzos or BP/HP medicine, just next ones:
pregabalin (I've read that it can cause rise of blood pressure in some rare instances)
propranolol
quetapine
metoclopramide
ibuprofein
acetaminophen
aspirin

Will any of these drugs help to lower blood pressure?

Maybe the beta blocker propranolol......for me is good for public speaking phobias. Stopped sweating, clamminess, weird heart beat stuff before a speech.

Increase potassium levels relative to sodium levels in your diet. Will normalize and help blood pressure...if you piss more when increasing potassium, than that indicates too high sodium relative to potassium. Use "Lite salt" instead of regular has potassium chloride in 50% ratio with sodium. More bananas,potatoes and dates help also.

Maybe the beta blocker propranolol......for me is good for public speaking phobias. Stopped sweating, clamminess, weird heart beat stuff before a speech.

Increase potassium levels relative to sodium levels in your diet. Will normalize and help blood pressure...if you piss more when increasing potassium, than that indicates too high sodium relative to potassium. Use "Lite salt" instead of regular has potassium chloride in 50% ratio with sodium. More bananas,potatoes and dates help also.

I don't urinate much while on amphetamines, well maybe because I tend to forget drinking water often enough. But anyway 10 hours after last dose still having high BP and HR, it still work's somehow, not euphoria anymore but stimulation is still there. Going to take 200mg quetiapine soon and sleep it off, lets hope tomorrow it's lower.

I don't urinate much while on amphetamines, well maybe because I tend to forget drinking water often enough. But anyway 10 hours after last dose still having high BP and HR, it still work's somehow, not euphoria anymore but stimulation is still there. Going to take 200mg quetiapine soon and sleep it off, lets hope tomorrow it's lower.

I didn't mean when using amphet but when increasing potassium levels....utilize amphetamine high energy levels to pedal bike 12 miles if necessary and get the Lite salt,bananas,potatoes ect., Optimal potassium protects against high blood pressure, strokes, spikes in blood pressure possible with ampetamine/methamphetamine use so get that POTASSIUM !!!!

Quetiapine made me want to sleep like forever....like Rumpelskisken(spelling hard) 25mg. was more than enough !!!!!

Tomorrow will be lower if you get your diet in check

I didn't mean when using amphet but when increasing potassium levels....utilize amphetamine high energy levels to pedal bike 12 miles if necessary and get the Lite salt,bananas,potatoes ect., Optimal potassium protects against high blood pressure, strokes, spikes in blood pressure possible with ampetamine/methamphetamine use so get that POTASSIUM !!!!

Quetiapine made me want to sleep like forever....like Rumpelskisken(spelling hard) 25mg. was more than enough !!!!!

Ah you are using amphetamine for useful things. I don't really use it to get stuff done as I get kind of "stoned" when I'm on amphetamines, so not really interested on any physical activity, I most likely do nothing else really but listen music and relax, not that amphetamine belongs to my daily medications normally.

I think normally (but not the last month) I eat quite healthy that keeps my normal BP and HR in a healthy state, at least from my last general check-up done by doctor, he asked me what I eat that my stats were that good.

For me quetiapine gives sleep only for 6-8 hours. It has half-life 6h, so it shouldn't really last that long unless it's XR. I don't really know how it effects the amphetamine next day as I always take it for sleep when binging on them, they work fine always, can't miss a single night-sleep or I get crazy ideas about things.

edit. damn this is long-lasting stuff, about 11 hours after last dose and still having moderate stimulation and a good mood, definitely must be meth. However negative reinforcement is lower than with dextroamphetamine, had moderate need to redose around 6 hours after last dose, but after that no desires or need's to do that at all, I took it orally so must be one factor affecting that. Also no noticeable crash, but normally I don't get it anyway unless I've been binging on them for 5 days.

Last edited:

Please don't take beta blockers with stims. That's a combo that really can kill you, by causing your BP to shoot into stroke territory.

And OP, if you have no way to measure your blood pressure, you have no way to know if it's high or not. High BP doesn't usually have any symptoms, and amphs are known to make people obsess over things like their vitals (making them worse).

Out of your med list + amphs, you have alpha agonists, alpha antagonists, beta agonists and beta antagonists, and a downer. You could eat some of each and hope they balance, or better, skip everything while doing recreational stims. Then, get yourself a BP autocuff thing.

Please don't take beta blockers with stims. That's a combo that really can kill you, by causing your BP to shoot into stroke territory.

And OP, if you have no way to measure your blood pressure, you have no way to know if it's high or not. High BP doesn't usually have any symptoms, and amphs are known to make people obsess over things like their vitals (making them worse).

Out of your med list + amphs, you have alpha agonists, alpha antagonists, beta agonists and beta antagonists, and a downer. You could eat some of each and hope they balance, or better, skip everything while doing recreational stims. Then, get yourself a BP autocuff thing.

This.

OP, try and find some benzos to deal with side effects if you need to get relief and don’t want to stop using amps. Not ideal, but if you’re gonna use it is at least something worth exploring

Maybe you are sure about over thinking this.

Well can't be sure about if I have truly that high BP that I need take medicine for it, but could it be assumed from hearth beat rate? I mean they often go hand on hand low BP with low HBR, and high BP with high HBR. My pulse is already ok so I can assume that my BR is too? I ended up taking pregabalin 300mg 2 hours back, not going to get any benzos, had enough playing around them already. It says one of the common side-effects of prebalin is low BP, so it should be fine, also it synergies better with amphetamines than benzos that dulls the effects.

No, you definitely cannot assume high blood pressure when you have a fast pulse, or vice versa. I'm not doubting you (sober) have high BP, especially if you're prescribed propanalol. It's just, you'll see lots of people on this forum talking about their high blood pressure, usually with a little panic, when in fact they have no idea if it's any higher than normal. I've had a checkup while on low levels of meth, and had only a ten point rise over normal (but I'm weird at usually 90/60, with a pulse that's high).

My point is, don't take more meds to treat something you don't know you have. Right now you're still obsessing a little bit about a condition you can't know about without some device you don't have. Your pregabalin is a kind of downer, that might help. I'd avoid adding quetiapine and metaclopramide.

If you did know you had high bp, the best thing to do is sit and practice breathing (drink some water too). Fast inhales, and the slooooowest possible exhales. It'll drop like a rock. The worst thing would be take more stims and fret.

Whatever you do, don't take the propanolol while on amphs.

A beta blocker would probably help out quite a bit. The whole avoidance of using beta blockers for amphetamine overdose isn't based on actual evidence.

"My point is, don't take more meds to treat something you don't know you have. Right now you're still obsessing a little bit about a condition you can't know about without some device you don't have. Your pregabalin is a kind of downer, that might help. I'd avoid adding quetiapine and metaclopramide."

Didn't notice that at first.......pregabalin(Lyrica@) much better and healthier for sleep than quetiapine(Seroquel@) IMHO. You shouldn't need both....Lyrica very expensive $$$ though(disadvantage).....in my experience.(Much more familiar with brand names)

Never take amphetamines especially methamphetamines past noon ever!!!!(even if you think they are only relaxing you)

Vayanace(sp?) even in the morning screwed with sleep....

Last edited:
A beta blocker would probably help out quite a bit. The whole avoidance of using beta blockers for amphetamine overdose isn't based on actual evidence.

He isn't overdosing on amphetamine
He does not know if he has a problem to treat

There is no reason to add to his risk, even if some doctors overstated them.

ETA: there is plenty of literature on the use of beta blockers with cocaine; cocaine is also much harder on cardiovascular systems than amphetamines; physicians themselves argue over the risks; some beta blockers are also alpha blockers, not propanalol. The current recommendations are to avoid the combination, definitely not to encourage them for nothing.

Last edited: