• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

From a long-time lurker

TheManFromRlyeh

Greenlighter
Hey everybody.

While I'm a brand new member to this forum, I've been consulting Bluelight for harm reduction info for the better part of ten years, just about my entire career as a drug (ab)user. I recognize a lot of names here.

I made this account in hopes I'd be able to get a somewhat specific question answered regarding opioid detox (posted at TDS), however I'd also like to just express my gratitude for this great site and its denizens.

You guys have made a decade of recreational drug use vastly safer, not only for myself but for my whole clique of junkie degenerate friends.

As I'm hopefully on the precipice of my final opioid detox, I may not have as much of a need for BL in the future, but I at least wanted to make some mark here expressing my appreciation.

To everybody here, and everybody no longer with us, THANK YOU.

Hey TMFR, great to see you onboard and finally signed up, however short that may ultimately be! :)

Glad you've found Bluelight so helpful for harm reduction advice for all these years. That's precisely why we exist, even though we know the vast majority who benefit from the accumulated knowledge here never join up or make their online presence felt in any way.

I wish you all the best on your detox - good luck.

CFC

Hi,
I have also been lurking for a long time, nearly all my adult life and have also just finally jumped on the band wagon and registered an account so that I may engage with other users (no pun intended lol) instead of just lurking in the shadows. However, unlike you I for see the need for BL for many more years. I do wish you the best with your detox and hope that you achieve your desired sobriety. All and all its nice not being the only lookie loo haha
Always Blue,
Nove~Rae

Thanks a lot for the kind words. Now that I think of it, I may find a totally different use for this site as I progress into my detox. I've read a couple of the detox / recovery logs and find them pretty inspiring and educational.

Even if I don't document the whole process, I could see myself posting here for some engagement with people who really understand what I'm going through. Talking about it seems to help.

If if I may ask, though, what's your primary reason for coming to this site? Detox/WD help, psychelics and trip reports, general interest in mind altering substances, something else?

My reasons have mostly revolved around opioids and psychedelics, seeking answers to all kinds of questions regarding safety, effects, dosage, and now unfortunately detox haha.