• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Withdrawal related question - chronic pain patient

ChaoticSerenity

Greenlighter
Hello bluelighters,

First of all this is my first post so I'm unsure if I'm posting in the right place. If not, please move where this needs to be.

A little history about me: I have been a chronic pain patient for eight years now. The main things I suffer with are three torn lumbar discs (degenerative disc disease also) as well as severe fibromyalgia and hypothyroidism. A month ago I changed pain management doctors after seeing the same one for at least seven years. He basically forced me out, but that is another long story. So I found a new one, closer to home.

I was on Opana ER (40mg 2x day), roxicodone (15mg x5 a day) and zanaflex (4mg x3 a day). Because of Opana ER being taken off the market, the new doctor started me on BuTrans patches for long term pain, and left the roxi's the same for breakthrough. The BuTrans did not at all cover my pain so as a result, I had to go over the allotted amount with my roxis and was going to run out. This was Friday, So she had me come up there and upped my BuTrans and called in another roxi prescription and that was that, or so it seemed. But because I ran out early the pharmacy wouldn't fill my script. We have been back and forth on the phone with the dr.'s office and the pharmacy all day. She finally called the pharmacy and for whatever reason changed her mind on giving the needed permission for my script to be filled. We are waiting on yet ANOTHER call from her office. To backtrack just a bit, I ran completely out of roxi's on Friday. I made it through the weekend because I found some old meds I had saved. I am going to run out of that tomorrow. So that leaves me with nothing but the BuTrans patches for a week, which will by no means cover my pain, much less the withdrawals.

Having withdrawals is the reason I ran out of roxi's in the first place. By the way, in all these years I NEVER ran out or had to ask for more. I have also managed to resist the temptation to abuse it, which as far as I am concerned is a big fucking deal. At least to me it is. I was having withdrawals every day. I'm going into it now as I write this. It's my husband's birthday and I am just ruining it.

So my question is, if she indeed sticks to her plan and won't let my roxi's get filled, what the fuck am I supposed to do? Withdrawals are the WORST and would not wish them on pretty much anybody. I am scared and upset and my husband doesn't know what the fuck to do. I am sorry for the long post and forgive me if it's scatterbrained. I was crying when I started typing.

Has anyone got any advice? Especially concerning withdrawals. Anything would be greatly appreciated.

This is a tough situation when you're waiting for a doctor to get back with you. To clarify, can you go to the office tomorrow and speak to her in person? This way you're not having to play phone tag with her staff and avoid repeating what happened today.

We may have to do just that. I'm not expecting her to change her mind though. Assuming she doesn't, my man is making plans to work from home while I go through withdrawals. Thankfully, he works for a company that is really flexible when he needs to work from home.

And our fucking air conditioner just broke down. In Texas. And not only is today my husband's birthday, tomorrow is my oldest son's 23rd birthday. Guess I just needed to vent about that.

Gonna go watch Hulk smash some shit around and wish I could do the same!

OH - also, I remembered I have Kratom powder that my sister bought me awhile back, it's several big baggies of it, would that help?

if it's all you got? absolutely.

if it's all you got? absolutely.

Thank you for the reply :) I'm fairly certain she gave me several different strains, do you know what's the best for w/d's? And how many times a day?

Sorry for all the questions, I sound like a noob I know ??

HOLY SHIT CHAOTIC SERENITY. Crazy thing is, I was actually gonna ask you if you know about kratom!

Look, I have knowledge AND personal experience, both of which are quite extensive, and I can personally vouch for kratom's authenticity.

The plant's leaves contain many alkaloids, many of which DO, indeed act upon opioid receptors- just like opiates/opioids do!
Kratom works on the same receptors that pharmaceutical opiate/oid painkillers do.
So kratom DOES work, it DOES kill pain, it DOES ease withdrawals. It does everything and more.

Please give it a try, I promise it will help you. The indisputable facts are there, and you will personally benefit, at least to some degree, so it's not a matter of whether it will or not, it's just definitely a matter of finding the correct dosage and strain for you.

What have ya got to lose anyway if you already have all that shit you got free, right?? Haha. I just really hate to see someone suffer.....especially so needlessly.

Look, I'm always happy to help people, and I know a fair bit on this so shoot with any questions here in your thread or even PM, I NEVER MIND!

Really though, you'll be surprised by kratom. Shit is legit lol.

-PA

Oh I see you were already asking for strain and dosage advice.

Well, it''s all more of a personal preference sort of things, but seems like Bali is generally more popular than any other strain for opi WD's.
But Maeng Da is more potent and stimulating and absolutely most similar strain to oxycodone (which is why I mention it to you...since you said that's what you're prescribed so it'd be closest).

Dosage is a bit of a tough one. Can you please tell me your exact tolerances to all opioids, as well as regimens and how long you've been using, etc etc etc...? We can do our best to calculate, but there will definitely still be some tinkering necessary...

-PA

I can personally vouch for Kratom as well, it’s got me off of opioids and feels great, the great thing about it is I’m not finding tolerance to build nearly anywhere close to opioids, I take Kratom 2 times a day and I always feel the effects! My dosage is 2-3 Teaspoons in the morning and at night. I found my go to vendor, high quality, fast shipping and great price.

PA, what amount is your usual dose of Kratom?

If it were me I'd high tail it for a f2f w/ the M.D. That's why this pharmacy's are pulling this crap. They know eventually the m.d. will just cave in. They have their practices to run. They can't have their staff trying to get a Pharmacist to change their minds esp. about roxy 15's needed early because of over consumption. I know You had a valid reason the Bup. trans patch takes a while to get the dose right. You were on a lot of hard narcotics. I can sympathize about the back issues. I've had 7 failed laminectomy's. Any way I'd get going on that then try other methods. just my 2 cents worth. rxexd.

Thank y'all for the replies! It's really comforting to know I am not alone.

As for a usual dose of Kratom, I don't have one. I drank it two or three times when my sister gave it to me but found it hard to keep down. The older I get, the weaker my stomach gets ? But having said that, I'll figure out a way.

Talked to the nurse today and she said that if I'm having w/d's that I should come in so they can "address the issues" whatever that means.

Honestly at this point, I'm so sick and tired of being tethered to the meds that I have half a mind to wean myself off and save whatever I get prescribed, if I can manage. I do know I want to see what my pain is like without it.

Adding to that, a year ago I lost my childhood/early adulthood very best friend to opiate abuse. Seeing her parents, who were like second parents to me, suffer like that broke my heart in half.It was one of the hardest things I have ever had to go through and I have been through some serious shit.

As far as my tolerance levels, it's very high. I can take three Roxi's at a time and not feel a thing, it's like taking aspirin. Same with chewing Opana, etc. I've been continually on this shit for eight years now so I haven't felt the slightest buzz even since the beginning.

Much love for the replies and just giving a shit, even for half a second :)

Last edited:
There are a lot of different answers you’ll get on kratom dosage for WD. For me, 8-10 grams was the sweet spot. Some say that’s too much. But you can always take more, so I would start smaller, in the 4-5 gram range and take it from there.

Good luck! I can also personally vouch for kratom helping with WD symptoms. In my case, the kratom was nothing short of a miracle, it worked incredibly well.

the reds are better for withdrawal but do not mistake it as a magic bullet. I personally find kratom withdrawals to be more intolerable than opioids and had to switch BACK to hydro/oxy for final opiate taper. If it's all you have. treat like suboxone - take minimum amount to relieve withdrawals and start a steep taper immediately. I'd recommend no more than 10 - 14 days MAXIMUM on the krat. I'd prefer 7 - 10. and don't kid yourself, it's a "real" substance.