• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does Grapefruit juice slow THC breakdown?

Choose Life

Bluelighter
A friend is in a thc legal state

They drink large quantities of white grapefruit juice as a CYP3a4 inhibitor for another health reason

Will consuming large quantities of grapefruit juice slow down eliminating thc from their body ?

They want to get fit again and would like to know if this slows the elimination process

Thanks in advance

With the plethora of worldwide knowledge I don't see how this has not been answered yet

I don't know, but some people believe the terpenes in the fruit juices can make cannabinoids more bio-available, so if he's trying to get higher he might be on the right track.

you can still get fit if your system is eliminating thc at a slower pace.

i haven't heard anything about gfj affecting how thc is stored in the body.

He was concerned drinking large amounts of GFJ would cause more buildup or at least not break down as fast
Because GFJ slows drug metabolism on a variety of drugs I believe over half on the market and thought it may appt to thc as well making the half life longer

I'm 99% certain THC is not metabolized by CYP3A4. Furthermore, GFJ inhibits intestinal 3A4 so it would only potentially have an effect on edibles and not smoking/vaping, but again ...see first sentence.

I'm 99% certain THC is not metabolized by CYP3A4. Furthermore, GFJ inhibits intestinal 3A4 so it would only potentially have an effect on edibles and not smoking/vaping, but again ...see first sentence.

THC is not metabolized by CYP3A4. I have no idea about minor cannabinoids and terpenes, it's likely at least one of them is metabolized by 3A4 so there could be some subtle effect on the high. All in all, I'd expect to not feel any difference though.