• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

My current experience, looking for advice

Gcayuga

Greenlighter
Hi All -- I've read many threads and posts here trying to collect as much data as I can and try to figure out what's going on with me.

First the background:

Took "molly" for the first time while drunk (stupid, I know), with 4 others. I don't know how much I took, unfortunately, but it was a few fingerfuls of crystals and some put into a drink. Noone slept that night and I started bugging out the next day thinking I'd never get normal again (roughly 14 hours later). Stupidly, I wasn't educated on the use of this drug and had it in my mind to "drink plenty of water so as not to become dehydrated." Well drink I did. In the end (almost 18 hours later) I had to go to the hospital for hyponatremia (low sodium in blood) after having a panic attack once my muscles began seizing up, because I had basically been drowning myself. This was corrected and I was released, but told that the correction was done quicker than they would have liked and to be wary of any noticeable changes or not feeling like myself.

So now I was freaking out that things could have been made worse and I have CPM or ODS or cerebral edema, etc etc. Checking my hands for tremors constantly, searching the internet for symptoms, bugging out over any little change. I began to think I was lucky and hopeful that this wasn't the case, as it seems rather rare to occur in acute hyponatremia cases.

It's been 3 weeks since I left the hospital and I've had the same weird foggy vision (basically from the moment I wake up to when I go to sleep) that many people have written about. It's not blurry at all, but it feels like things are trailing and a bit more sensitive to light (staring at a computer screen doesn't seem to help). Besides that I feel muscle weakness in hands and sometimes a radiating feeling as well in arms and head (maybe when more anxious, but usually when I wake up from sleeping). I haven't had any real issues falling asleep, have not had any headaches, and I'm generally not an anxious/depressed person. I think the worry of "will I ever get normal again" is causing some stress, but have no depressing/suicidal thoughts really ever, nothing beyond feeling sorry for myself.

So I'm at the point where I'm wondering if this is MDMA neurotoxicity (doesn't seem to be seratonin syndrome)? The weird dreamlike vision and hands are the only real symptoms at this point, cognitive function seems to be normal and maybe focus/concentration slips briefly at times.

I did go away on a planned holiday for 5 days, and it seemed like things were getting much better, but as soon as I got home it all started to get way worse again. I've been trying to exercise/eat healthy and take multivitamins (and magnesium, melatonin, but avoiding 5-HTP as it seems like that could make things worse?).

Thanks for reading, and if you have any questions or thoughts/advice I'd greatly appreciate it.

edit: Forgot to say that none of the other 4 people are experiencing anything similar to me.

I've been trying to exercise/eat healthy and take multivitamins (and magnesium, melatonin, but avoiding 5-HTP as it seems like that could make things

Did they take a blood/urine test at the hospital? Are you sure the drug you took was actually MDMA?

IME, and I have taken lots of MDMA and related chemicals and had loads of comedowns..., just be active! Don't even bother with the vitamins. I never really sought much help from vitamins/5-htp, just seemed novel. After so long I learned what goes up must come down. If you think about the 'problem' it will only make it worse and if you feel so compelled about it go back to the Dr.

Be active both physically and mentally. Jog with music. Eat with friends. Enjoy life. You're still alive enough to post on a harm reduction forum ya know. Also it may go without saying, but abstain from drugs until you feel 'okay'.

Did they take a blood/urine test at the hospital? Are you sure the drug you took was actually MDMA?

IME, and I have taken lots of MDMA and related chemicals and had loads of comedowns..., just be active! Don't even bother with the vitamins. I never really sought much help from vitamins/5-htp, just seemed novel. After so long I learned what goes up must come down. If you think about the 'problem' it will only make it worse and if you feel so compelled about it go back to the Dr.

Be active both physically and mentally. Jog with music. Eat with friends. Enjoy life. You're still alive enough to post on a harm reduction forum ya know. Also it may go without saying, but abstain from drugs until you feel 'okay'.

^This exactly.

I agree regarding the whole vitamins thing too. I think people wanting to take vitamin tablets in a time of stress indicates that they know they're probably usually enough vitamins from their diet and want to sort of try and take quick and rapid action to remedy the situation. You should be trying to eat three nutritious meals a day as a matter of course, and if not, then you have likely slunk into the general western/modern mindset of ill-health (both physically, mentally and culturally), and probably want to address this if you want to avoid a rendezvous with depression - drugs or no drugs.