• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Lyrica high

Calliexoxo

Greenlighter
So I have been off lyrica for couple months now . I started back on it recreationaly two days ago on 100 mg tablets ended up taking 1400mg each day trying to get the nice high I used get before on 50mg tablets . Before when I was on 50mg and taking 1000mg a day I was happy had energy was very sociable and had a very nice feeling nearly euphoric...how can I get this high again with the 100 mg right now I'm after 800 and just feel dizzy my hands are shaking eyes are very heavy I have no energy and can t really talk it's not good ..thanks in advance

I have taken Lyrica for a long time, many years, in combination with an anti-depressant and on it's own, I also used the highest amount possible, but I never got any feeling out of Lyrica - I did not even know it was possible you could get any high from Lyrica?

It's prescribed for pain but it's not an Opioid, and two of it's side effects are that it works as an anxiolytic and enhances the anti-depressant effects of something like for example Cymbalta.

But does it even give an effect right away? Isn't it medication that you need to take a while before it starts to work, making taking a dose to have an immediate effect totally senseless and also, if it's possible to get a high from Lyrica, what is this high like and how do you explain it's possible to obtain this high from this medication?

And has anyone else ever heard of Lyrica getting you high? Because I can get a lot of it, but I'm skeptical as to whether or not it's possible to get any kind of high from it.

And if it does give a high, why did I never got high from it, even when taking it in huge amounts?

Thank you for this link, I had no idea! Amazing! So, what are the best (or less best ways) ROA's for getting high from Lyrica? Can you get high just by oral administration?

And can someone elaborate a bit on what kind of high you get from Lyrica? A bit more specific than in the link that was given, for example: is it euphoric? Or more mood-enhancing? Something I can't figure out because the link compares it to alcohol, which is definitely a mood-enhancer, but it wasn't in that context.

Do you get happy?

And for oral consumption, what would be a dose for someone who hasn't used Lyrica anymore for years to get a good high from but to not overdo it. (someone with quite a high tolerance to about anything by nature)

Also, what are known interactions with Cocaine, Heroin and Crystal Meth? Is it a good combo?

Mananas- another good strong indication of it's recreational capabilities/capacity ìs the fact that it's scheduled (at least in the US) lol.......
I can also 8personally attest to the findings leading to its restrictions (recreational potential)....

The shit can * SERIOUSLY FUCK YOU RIGHT UP* lol.

Just be careful. I'd say start out with probably NO MORE than 200-400mg ( depending on weight, age, general health, several other factors), and be sure you've nothing to do that day. Oh and definitely refrain from driving or operating dangerous (or heavy) machinery.

Be safe buddy.

-PA

I always end up using my script in a week and I think I pay for it by feeling low for a while but wish I knew how long it takes to get well so I'd know if it's worth it which I doubt it is. My Gabapentin tolerance seems to be jacked up for a while too of course.

I just started Lyrca a few weeks ago. (!legally) I take 75mg twice a day. I have noticed a very very mild feeling that's pretty hard to explain. Its sorta light or tingley. Sorta like a floating feeling too. Buts its really mild. The other day after reading a few posts about getting high on Lyrica, I decided to take 5 of my pills and at first I thought it was a waste BC I didn't notice anything but after about 2 hours I suddenly felt very nice. The floating or tingley feeling was more pronounced. My mood was pleasant and for the rest of the day this lasted. I would still consider the high a mild one and don't really plan on taking more then my normal amount again any time soon. But all in all it was a good experience and I'm glad I tried it.

Side note: I am also on other Rx and I'm not sure if they had anything to do with how the higher dose of Lyrica effected me or of Lyrica just made my other meds feel stronger.

• fentynal patch (125 MCG)
• dillaudid 4mg every 4 hours (which I take way more)
• xanax 1mg 3xday (however that day I hadnt taken any)

Last edited:
I tried this so called Lyrica high, all it did was make me dizzy, no euphoria at all, and made me feel crappy - as I just should have known: side-effects are not effects! Anyone getting a decent high out of the possible dangerous side-effects of taking a way too high dose of Lyrica at once really needs to either not be doing drugs at all or find a real drug, because the high those people are getting is obviously from not knowing what euphoria is like: yes, I felt tingles in my body, but it takes way more for me to call something euphoric than just tingles in my body! Totally screwed up an entire day, this is the opposite of harm reduction, letting Lyrica be spoken of as a way to get high!

there's a BBC program everyone here should watch - drugs map of Britain, and it's the episode called 'Belfast Buds' and it centers on people abusing pregabalin.
they call them 'Buds' aka Budweisers as they make you feel drunk if abused - which i have done and i concur, it does feel a bit like being drunk and also it feels prettty naff, wouldn't do again for sure.
but yeah, everyone go watch that episode and report back.༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽