• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Most efficient intranasal/snorting technique?

betman

Greenlighter
Generally, I snort with no tools, just nose to the table.

I've been reading that it's not efficient because a lot of product will be left in the nose hairs.

What type of tool do you guys utilize to snort? Length? How far does it go in? I've read about nasal sprays but I'm not particularly interested in those. Just straws.

And how long do you wait before doing a saline wash of the nasal cavities? I wait about 5-10min before flushing it out, but I worry about the caustic damage I'm causing.

Length maybe about 2 inches. I stick it up as far as I can without it feeling uncomfortable. That will bypass the nose hair obstacle and get it up in the cavity better, IMO. I don’t use the saline wash, so can’t comment on that.

I find the golden colored, metal snorting pipes from a full snorting-kit the perfect pipes for snorting. They are about 6 to 7 cm's in length, they have a small tube but it get's wider on the side where you hold it over the stuff you are going to snort, and at the other end it's nice and small to go easily in your nose (not too deep) without any discomfort.

It also depends on what kind of quality you are snorting. This sticky and/or oily, wet low quality Coke for example is not able to be chopped up into a nice, totally fine powder as you can do with high quality, straight from the brick solid rock Cocaine, which is dry and powders up nicely into almost dust.

Whit this fine powder, never snort too hard or it will get into your lungs, just inhale it like you're breathing. If you have this lower quality Coke, you will need a larger, bigger sniffing tube. Just roll it from a piece of paper, but not too wide at the bottom because this will make a lot of air go into the tube once you start snorting making it difficult to get a good amount of your Coke up your nose.

Also, never use money to snort with, you can in effect get ANY disease POSSIBLE from snorting with money and all it takes is a bit of nose damage (which will occur sooner or later if you snort a lot - or even when you do not snort that much) and some bad luck... Money is really nasty to use for snorting, it's really like sharing a syringe but with not as big a chance of getting a disease; but the chance is still pretty high! Also never share sniffing tubes...

The best pieces of paper for rolling a sniffing tube are this post-it looking kind of papers but without a sticky side. They have the perfect size IMO to snort with! But a sniff-kit has it all, a crusher, a spoon, a mirror, a sniff tube, a razor blade, a bullet and a nice wallet with compartments for each, very handy! And nobody would think it's anything else than a handy wallet! I would get one of those if I where you, I never snort without having one anymore (you do need to buy a new one now and then, to keep everything neath and clean, washing your sniff-kit stuff will have less and less effect as time goes by...), plus it's a nice paraphernalia to own! :) And you have many different ones! If you are a snort-fanatic it's a must IMO to have one! :)

Cheers!

ps: nasal sprays can be very effective with the right solution! - also a lot less damaging!

I've always used straws myself. Not the thinnish ones and not the super wide ones. And I personally like them about 3 inches long and because I tend to keep it in my front pocket, I reinforce it so it won't squash or bend. For this I use scotch tape and totally cover the straw two to three times. That gives it some rigidity and will probably last as long as you want it to. Sorry for the rather in depth detailed response but it has worked for me for years.

One other note is to not snort any harder than you have to for the meds to get up there to do their job. Also like a few others have mentioned, go ahead and put the straw up your nose pretty far just as long as you feel no discomfort. That, of course, avoids anything getting hung up in your nose hairs etc.

Last edited:
I snort about 45mg of oxy+ 2-3.5mg of clonazepam and just snort water 10-20 min later t o flush everyt hing out into my stomach plus rum and medical marijuana help. ☺ hope this helps people who get cloges

Learned this in Colombia. A straw. But instead they use it like a spoon. Literally tilt your head back and give the straw a turn. Disclaimer you can turn the straw over the toilet and flush. But what I saw people was in their nostrils

Why snort klonies I'm prescribed about 4 grams a day. But never sawa purpose for snorting. Unless you want a clogged nose

You shouldn't, IME the only people who do are children, uninformed college kids, or someone with an obsession with sticking things up their nose. The only grown people I've seen advocate the practice of snorting benzos were real straight out of the gutter, no internet access types.

Depends what it is. Oxy (I get the IR caps) I just roll between the fingers to break up any lumps inside, tip it onto the back of my hand in a pile and hoover it up.

Also, guy two posts up...you can't mean 4 grams clonazepam surely? 4 milligrams, I presume you mean? 4 grams would be a dose way beyond batshit insane. Or do you mean the weight of the entire tablets? (never had this particular benzo, so not sure what the pills weigh, but 4g is way more than anyone would use.

I snort with a two-phase metal tube to cover the two holes in my nose, or a cheap nebulizer to make solutions with sterile water.

DocLad

This one is very simple in my opinion. I feel that we could probably go on and on about snorting kits or what have you, but we could also write a 700 page manuscript dedicated to the proper making of a Grilled Cheese, but most folks prefer the condensed version for sake of time.

Cocaine is insufflated to expose it to the mucous membranes in the sinuses.The drugs are not absorbed to an appreciable extent in any part of the "nose" as it were. Any drugs that are not successfully introduced to those higher-up mucous membranes can become stuck the hairs or just the inside of the nostril itself. Hence, the straw is the missing link.

The straw allows you to bypass this stuff, by inserting the straw up your nostril until you feel it "stop". Once you encounter resistance, you've gone far enough.

Plain and simple, the straw is used to bypass the nostril and introduce the drugs directly to the sinus. It's more efficient than sniffing directly off a surface, sure, but the difference is not going to be astronomical. I'm willing to wager you absorb close to or even the same quantity of drug by either mechanism.

Given what I consider the simplicity of this thread, it shall now be relegated to the graveyard.

Let me copy/paste from a few related posts:

For snorting, I recommend using a straight piece of plastic tubing around 4 mm outer diameter, 2.25 inches long, with a very thin piece of soft rubber tubing (< 4 mm inner diameter) stretched onto the end. The rubber bit will protect the inside of your nose from scratches and allow you to push deeper, bypassing partially-closed nostrils. I always use both nostrils and very rarely get nosebleeds because of the rubber.

My thread about snorting fine powders may be handy here: Lung Safe Snorting. I did my best to outline a technique where you use your throat for suction while your lungs are sealed off. Not a single particle gets in your lungs. All you need is a straw and the ability to hold your breath for 10 seconds. I've been using it to snort ball-milled powders (<25 micron) daily with no ill effects on my lungs for years. There's also this method: Much more efficient intranasal.

If you want to make your own saline, check out this thread: DIY Saline Solution.

I do a line with the powder and make a tube with a paper, then put an extreme of the tube in my nose and with the other extreme blow the line