• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Sickness

Dimebag16

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I'm looking for some advice from more experienced members. I've been doing a little H every Friday night for a couple of months now. Usually just 2 small lines then I start to puke. I think 3 would be my optimum for a high but I can never get there as I start puking after 2 and it kinda drains the fun out of the experience.

Questions
Is this normal?
How long until I can do a few lines without getting sick?
Anything that can help?

Thanks heaps to anybody chipping in with experience.

I don't understand exactly. So, what you're saying is that you really enjoy using Heroin, but the resulting nausea is turning it into a negative experience?

Nausea is normal but I think you're using too much and that's why it's making you vomit. Whenever you try a new batch, start with small bumps instead of lines so you can gauge its potency. Then wait a while and see how you feel before you do any more.

Agreed that you might be doing too much. Do you have opioid experience/tolerance? For example have you been taking hydro/oxycodone or anything? Or did you jump straight to heroin during social situations on Fridays? If so, you’re gonna puke. Especially if it’s a strong batch.

I don't understand exactly. So, what you're saying is that you really enjoy using Heroin, but the resulting nausea is turning it into a negative experience?

Pretty much!

Nausea is normal but I think you're using too much and that's why it's making you vomit. Whenever you try a new batch, start with small bumps instead of lines so you can gauge its potency. Then wait a while and see how you feel before you do any more.

So I wanted to try it. I bought 1 gram thinking I'd go through it quickly, see what it's like, and not buy any more. I'm still going to stick to this plan but considering I can only do 2 small lines at a time the gram is going to last a while. I purchased it off a dark web market advertising double lion seal and top potency - from a vedor that was highly reviewed with a lot of positive feedback. I generally do one line, then wait like 60-90 mins, then have another line. After about an hour or so I start to puke. The lines are tiny in comparison to what I use for other substances.

Agreed that you might be doing too much. Do you have opioid experience/tolerance? For example have you been taking hydro/oxycodone or anything? Or did you jump straight to heroin during social situations on Fridays? If so, you’re gonna puke. Especially if it’s a strong batch.

Nope I have zero tolerance - I just jumped straight into H (just wanted to try it).

Opiates are going to induce nausea, especially in the non tolerant and extra especially if they directly related to morphine at least in my experience. It's no wonder you are throwing up if you just went strait to heroin

Yep, dope is a puker when you first start. My advice, since you aren't hooked on opioids, is to get out of that scene now, before you become a hot mess of a junkie. It happened to me, it's happened to a ton of people on here, and it'll happen to you too if you keep it up. Fridays will turn into Fridays and Saturdays. That will turn into weekends and 1 or 2 days a week, and then every single day, graduating to multiple times a day just to feel normal. It will suck the soul out of you and rob you of everything you hold dear. I love opioids/opiates, especially IV heroin, but it's got the whole rest of your life to fuck you up and it will. Heroin is a patient bitch godess that will not be ignored, biding it's time until you are completely enslaved to it. Then it's not fun anymore and you aren't doing heroin, the dope is doing you. Just a bit of friendly advice, but it's your choice.

Many people seem to find Heroin extremely addictive, but for me, I can control my use for many years now, quitting now and then and not having it too hard with the WD and once I'm clean for a while enjoy it once again much more again!

But anyway, yes, addiction is a huge possibility.

The puking and sickness is normal, most people experience this when they first use Heroin - if you would use it 3 to 5 days in a row you would not have that sickness anymore; only then the great effects of the drug surface, if you still get sick from your Dope, you won't be able to get euphoric from it...

If I'm not mistaken, it has to do with the defense mechanisme of your body, which eventually creates a shortness of oxygen in the blood and that's what makes you puke in the end - indeed because the drug, even in small amounts, is too much for the body to handle as for the body it is seen as a major toxic that needs to be broken down... So that's why it won't give you any euphoria as long as the body is not used to the Heroin.

The only way to get rid off this discomfort is, like I said, to use it 3 to 5 days every day until you don't get sick anymore.

But just quitting now you're ahead of the game seems a better idea. I'm just saying, what I pointed out is the only way to get rid of the sickness, not by using once a week, and the only way of being able to get euphoric, by letting the body accumulate to the drug...

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I'm not prepared to use it more than once a week and I'm conscience of getting hooked on it. I guess I'll just finish what I have by taking very small amounts each Friday until I've finished my current bag, then I'm done. :)

Thanks for all the great advice guys. I'm not prepared to use it more than once a week and I'm conscience of getting hooked on it. I guess I'll just finish what I have by taking very small amounts each Friday until I've finished my current bag, then I'm done. :)

If you stick to that game plan then I would say well done and that move may end up being one of the smartest you'll make your entire life!

If you stick to that game plan then I would say well done and that move may end up being one of the smartest you'll make your entire life!

Have you struggled with it bro? Friday night here so time to get on it...

Also, is it bad to smoke pot at the same time? I've heard mixed reviews - some people saying it'll make you more sick and some people say it'll help with the nausea. If anybody has 0.2c to chip in please go ahead.

I will add, potentially what others have already mentioned, but there are certain symptoms involved with recreational Opioid use that seem to be temporary or transient for a lot of folks. It's very common to become very nauseated the first few times using an Opioid, but it seems to be especially so for Morphine/Heroin. Nausea, among other symptoms tends to dissipate with continued use, but a strong dosage can and still will cause nausea.

To be clear, I'm speaking of a phenomenon outside of your standard "tolerance". I'm implying that tolerance to the nauseating effects of Opioids will typically dissipate before many of the other desired effects do like sedation, euphoria etc.

I will add, potentially what others have already mentioned, but there are certain symptoms involved with recreational Opioid use that seem to be temporary or transient for a lot of folks. It's very common to become very nauseated the first few times using an Opioid, but it seems to be especially so for Morphine/Heroin. Nausea, among other symptoms tends to dissipate with continued use, but a strong dosage can and still will cause nausea.

To be clear, I'm speaking of a phenomenon outside of your standard "tolerance". I'm implying that tolerance to the nauseating effects of Opioids will typically dissipate before many of the other desired effects do like sedation, euphoria etc.

Thanks for the info. I managed a third line last night before getting sick and the feeling was much deeper.

So on the smoking pot questions; does anybody know if mixing H and weed is good or bad?

^It's really going to vary from person to person, but in my travels, I've found no substance on Earth more effective at relieving nausea and stimulating appetite than Cannabis. When I use Cannabis, it's practically impossible for me to vomit. This is part of what makes it such an effective medication for those with severe illness. Being that Cannabis is essentially harmless and will not contribute to respiratory depression, I say, go for it.

The only way to get rid off this discomfort is, like I said, to use it 3 to 5 days every day until you don't get sick anymore.

Aside from actually being true, this is one piece of really shitty advice, dude. The main reason for nausea from opioid use is lack of tolerance/dosing too high. By doing it continuously, you just build up tolerance and as a result don't feel as sick from your "normal" dose. All is well, except tolerance also means dependence, and feeling "off" on days off H if your habit is minor, up to not being able to function whatsoever if your habit is major. Don't tell somebody to use H for days on end to feel its true effects, it's as anti-HR as it gets...

I never got nauseated from opiates unless i was overdosing except when i did fentanyl for the first time. If you dose too high its gonna make you nauseated regardless. You can go to the doctor and get some ondansetron which is an anti nausea and can take one and it will settle it or stop it. but in my case i started off the exact same smoking a tray only on friday after work then one day it was everyday and i didnt even realize it. if you start craving and breaking your rule once quit quit quit. Heroin isnt worth the years of time it takes to become "normal" again. i know people have way more self control than me but i have one hell of a willpower, regardless this shit steals your soul and you wont even realize it.

Many people seem to find Heroin extremely addictive, but for me, I can control my use for many years now, quitting now and then and not having it too hard with the WD and once I'm clean for a while enjoy it once again much more again!

But anyway, yes, addiction is a huge possibility.

The puking and sickness is normal, most people experience this when they first use Heroin - if you would use it 3 to 5 days in a row you would not have that sickness anymore; only then the great effects of the drug surface, if you still get sick from your Dope, you won't be able to get euphoric from it...

If I'm not mistaken, it has to do with the defense mechanisme of your body, which eventually creates a shortness of oxygen in the blood and that's what makes you puke in the end - indeed because the drug, even in small amounts, is too much for the body to handle as for the body it is seen as a major toxic that needs to be broken down... So that's why it won't give you any euphoria as long as the body is not used to the Heroin.

But just quitting now you're ahead of the game seems a better idea. I'm just saying, what I pointed out is the only way to get rid of the sickness, not by using once a week, and the only way of being able to get euphoric, by letting the body accumulate to the drug...

Hey, you know I'm all about free speech dude, but I have some small issues with some of your content. While I get annoyed by people taking up space by preaching against drug use, I also don't think we need people to be actively encouraging drug use either. If someone says "Hey, I have a problem with nausea when I use Heroin", it's just not appropriate to tell them that the solution to their problem is to use Heroin every day until the nausea goes away.

Please give this some thought Mananas. We don't judge or even discourage drug use, but let's not encourage it either!

Sometimes when I would take a big IV shot I would get acid reflux creeping up my esophagus, and eventually puke.