• NMI Moderators: Snafu in the Void

Narcolepsy I need help

Solidoxe

Greenlighter
I got diagnosed with narcolepsy and prescribed adderall Rx60mg once a day and regular adderall 30mg as needed, my problem is the damn 60rx doesn't wake me up. If I take 2x30mg at once I wake up for a couple hrs then i return to the sleepy depressed state of mind and body. And then I have to take more. I really don't like adderall. Does anyone know or have any tips for narcolepsy/stimulates best way to take. Thanks

What kitty said. Modafinil and dexmethylphenidate/methylphenidate (either) are excellent anti-narcolepsy agents. Your doctor is stupid.

--brominated

You should probably talk to your doctor about trying new medications. I didn't find Adderall useful for ADHD, and it likely would be underwhelming for narcolepsy.

Welcome to the site.

tumblr_nwi2e8c9NB1scd4jmo1_500.gif

adderall is about the same as nuvigil (for me) just a little bit more crazy durring the day. but i still have to take naps and at the end of the day i feel like absolute trash and its hard to get comfortable. i spoke with doc she said shes not comfortable with any other medication, even though she allowed me to try ritalin for a few weeks, ritalin for me was a very weird head spin. i felt out of place and alone the entire time on ritalin.