European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Roadside drug tests in UK

F.U.B.A.R.

Bluelight Crew
Daughter's BF got roadside drug tested about half an hour ago and was positive for cannabis. He's been arrested and is now being taken back to the police station. What's the procedure now? Do they perform a more accurate test like they do with drink driving? What if he passes that one, will they let him go or is he already fucked and they just need to determine how fucked? Sorry for all the questions but this is outside my experience folks.

https://www.gov.uk/drug-driving-law

I know someone who had her steering wheel swabbed when stopped, tested positive for Cocaine & lost her licence (this is information told me by someone else & I don't actually know what the process was after the positive wheel swab - I would imagine that further tests were done to result in the loss of her licence)

It's a worry for sure if you have drugs in your system that you can still be prosecuted & banned even if you took it on a previous day/s, you are no longer under the influence of it & there is no evidence that your driving was impaired as a result

Thanks BPH, I've just found out he tested positive for cocaine as well. Guess he's fucked... :\

Daughter's BF got roadside drug tested about half an hour ago and was positive for cannabis. He's been arrested and is now being taken back to the police station. What's the procedure now? Do they perform a more accurate test like they do with drink driving? What if he passes that one, will they let him go or is he already fucked and they just need to determine how fucked? Sorry for all the questions but this is outside my experience folks.

They will peform a blood test to confirm the presence of the drug and rhen a sobriety test (walking in a atraight line etc) followed by a medical exam.

Unfortunately driving under the influence of cannabis is more serious than what they attempted to do me for which was prescription drugs. With prescription drugs they have to prove not only that they arw in your system but that the presence of them impares your driving ability (which they failed to do with me). With cannabis being illegal, just having it in your system is an offence when driving regardless of impairment.

Sorry mate but i think hes fucked and can expect 12 points, a ban and fine. pm me if you want to ask anything else...

In Aus they do a road side test, then a second test with some machine. If the second test is positive you are gone. If its negative they let you go but still send a swab to a lab and a lot of people get done at that point. There is no minimum impairment level here. If its in you your fucked. They have only just included coke in the test here in the last few weeks. CUNTS!!

This is a thing now?? I thought they'd only do that if stopped for other issues and they became suspicious...

This is a thing now?? I thought they'd only do that if stopped for other issues and they became suspicious...

I was also under the impression thst they needed due suspicion to perform a roadside drugs test and couldn't just decide to test someone for no reason at all.

I was also under the impression thst they needed due suspicion to perform a roadside drugs test and couldn't just decide to test someone for no reason at all.

'evening sir your driving looked a little erratic.....' my mate just got done for coke he smoked 1/2 a 10w about 12h before hand but the metabolite they test for showed up.

'evening sir your driving looked a little erratic.....' my mate just got done for coke he smoked 1/2 a 10w about 12h before hand but the metabolite they test for showed up.

Thats the thing though...Im no legal expert but I'm sure if they didn't havelegal cause to stop you in the first place then the evidence is as inadmissible....

No matter what it it was they tried to do you for...

that's so fucked.

and swabbing the steering wheel? wtf?

bullshit.

I can't see how that would be practical even as a means for probable cause. We have a ridiculous statistic in the UK that suggests most banknotes have traces of cocaine on them so non users could easily contaminate surfaces without realising.

I can't see how that would be practical even as a means for probable cause. We have a ridiculous statistic in the UK that suggests most banknotes have traces of cocaine on them so non users could easily contaminate surfaces without realising.

I've just messaged the person who originally told me, for more detail on how it came about and what the process was. I would imagine she was actually tested after the positive swab, but shall speculate no further without the actual facts

I would ask the person herself but don't think she wanted it to be common knowledge & I shouldn't have been told by my ex who is very close to her. I did quiz him for more details at the time as I always want to know the full story if something doesn't seem quite right & he was very vague about the actual situation at the time, so not holding my breath

Apologies for reporting hearsay without knowing actual facts - very unlike me usually -so have been obsessively googling about steering wheel swabbing, coming up mostly with reports of them being swabbed for explosives at ferry ports. I did however come up with one report of it https://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/126574-increased-police-presence/?tab=comments#comment-2877941 back in 2009

I'll return to my usual obsessive fact-checking before repeating one-liner gossip now!

Thats the thing though...Im no legal expert but I'm sure if they didn't havelegal cause to stop you in the first place then the evidence is as inadmissible....

They can do spot checks for booze, why not drugs? I've been breathalysed for absolutely no reason before, but I didn't question it because I just wanted to get rid of the cunt so I could go and score... :\

I have read extensively into this in the UK.
Testing positive at the roadside will result in further tests and then tests have to show the blood concentration being above a limit set, which would dictate your inability to drive safely. Testing positive at the roadside doesn’t mean your fucked.....
Testing positive via blood sample taken back at the station does

"probable cause to stop you" can mean any old bullshit from mister plod usually.

from "erratic driving" to "failing to indicate" - they have all sorts of standbys in situations like these. wouldn't be hard to find a copper to lie to make a conviction - hell, it's part of the job.

"probable cause to stop you" can mean any old bullshit from mister plod usually.

from "erratic driving" to "failing to indicate" - they have all sorts of standbys in situations like these. wouldn't be hard to find a copper to lie to make a conviction - hell, it's part of the job.

They usually give me the same shit.... ‘there’s been a spate of burglaries in the area so want to check what your up to and where your going’

I drive a big Audi A8 and a Toyota supra and have a few pennies spare, so they assume because of my age I must be up to no good..... losers

They usually give me the same shit.... ‘there’s been a spate of burglaries in the area so want to check what your up to and where your going’

yeah, i got that exact line about a year ago. i was walking back from a friend's place at about 9pm, where we'd had a cup of tea (that's not code - it was just tea) in his shed, and talked shit for a few hours.

i was sober, reasonably well dressed, walking down the street - and the cops followed me about 1 km and said "we keep seeing you".

...like yeah, that'll happen when you follow pedestrians around at night, arseholes.

"probable cause" is a joke most of the time imho

yeah, i got that exact line about a year ago. i was walking back from a friend's place at about 9pm, where we'd had a cup of tea (that's not code - it was just tea) in his shed, and talked shit for a few hours.

i was sober, reasonably well dressed, walking down the street - and the cops followed me about 1 km and said "we keep seeing you".

...like yeah, that'll happen when you follow pedestrians around at night, arseholes.

"probable cause" is a joke most of the time imho

I remember a few years ago not being able to sleep and having a walk the garage about 1/4 mile down the road to get some fags at about 3am and as I walked into my driveway and put my key in the door this cop car comes screeching to a halt outside and this cop get out...ask me a load of questions and rambled on with some shit about burglaries...

When I asked the obvious question of "do burglars normally have a fucking front door key" he got back into his car mumbing something about "just checking as you were walking the street late at night"

Fuck tha powwleece