• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Sugar, Ice,Shabu, Meth??? Identify this.

Gnome Raver

Bluelighter
OK, guy who had this stuff called it Sugar and claimed it was a mix of ICE (or really strong Crystal Meth) and about 5% Crack Cocaine.

Some of their experiences: smoked a small amount in a glass pipe, bit of a roller coaster ride, could go bowling, play scrabble for hours. Easy to keep taking it, no great euphoria felt, but awake and generally energetic. Chatty and feeling ok when with friends, but then feeling a bit flat when walking somewhere on their own.

After being out at a club the roller coaster continued, took a long time to warm up to the atmosphere (was a good group and good tunes) sometimes really really flat then all of a sudden a huge rush, euphoria, really chatty, dance like crazy, almost MDMAish feelings with big smiles. These effects could occur hours and hours later.

One person experienced quite a bit of paranoia and did not emotinally enjoy the experience. Another was very confident and quite cheeky/smart alec all the time. Even to the point he kept apologising straight away that he was doing it again (getting smart).

If either were feeling a bit unhappy, a smoke had the instant effect of feeling ok and "normal" again... hints at being quite addictive!

All were awake for a good 48 hours.

Comedown was supposed to be easy, and was not too bad, just really flat and feeeling like doing nothing, no emotion (not sad just flat). for a day or two with no energy.

Tested with EZ Test Xtreme:

EZ Test: Orange immediately but with a lot of fizzing and bubbling (most I have ever seen)

Tests 1-2: Blue indicates Methampetamine
Tests 3-2: No reaction (supports above)

Could be Meth with DXM??? Did not see any grey but it turned orange and fizzed strongly with a lot of smoke/gas. I really doubt there is crack in this and wonder how you would tell anyway.

Any one got any ideas, friends where told it was Sugar as above, another friends tried it and said it was ICE or Shabu (they were meaning very strong Meth). Seen the discussions about definition of ICE and it looks like this was definately Meth based, but wondering if anyone can shed any light on the experiences and the test results. I have no clues as not really my cup of tea and was just helping out friends (i.e. I don't have this stuff and wouldn't ever have it or take it so just trying to minimise harm for my friends).:\

Attachments

• sugar4.jpg
    sugar4.jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 14,915
All that you described makes me feel positive that you have methamphetamine. Looks like meth too (I have seen crystals like that).

It wouldn't have DXM, as then you'd see black with the first test, no? (marquis?)

I think it's just meth, hyped up by the dealer in hopes to sell more.

Yep, probably just meth - as SteveElektro pointed out, Marquis CAN bubble on strong reactions. Marquis reaction to pure MDMA generally goes instantly purple/black with lots of fizzing. Marquis reaction to DXM is in general a slower colour change through grey-black and releases white gas.

BigTrancer :)

Thanks, what I suspected... although have seen pretty intense reactions with the EZ test and pills such as Orange cKs, grey mitsis, etc (going back a few years) where the reaction definately bubbled and fizzed... but this was a lot more intense. I guess if there are less impurities and no binders then this would make sense.

Will have to ask some people offline to see if frineds where ripped off :(

Out of curiosity what do you think the chances are that it has a small percentage of crack in it, and what would you expect the difference in experience to be. Personally if it were me I would be happy if it was crack-free!:\

Being that you need more cocaine to feel it's effect than you would from the methamphetamine even if it was in there you probably wouldn't notice it over the meth high. So it would end up being a very expensive cutting agent. My guess, dealer BS to wow you over some new gear and bump the price up, chance of cocaine actually being in the product slim to none.

i know the stuff u re4ferr to, shabu with a lil bit extra, leaves no black once burnt and has a slightly off taste to usual? i got told the same rap and to be honest i was kinda disappointed when i had it the first few times, doesn't have that head tingling, vision fuzzing kick after a few deep tokes
but...So true about the constant need to top up, it gets u into the over indulgent stoner mentality, trying to get hell ripped.
i aven't slept since thrus nite, with kitchenhand job thurs, fri, sat nites, all niter doin assigments last nite and great 830 to 430 uniday.

First time i've been without sleep for more 2nites in 5yrs since i've known drugs. would normally be trashed, so scattered and shitty for giving in and wanting sleep so bad, but nOoooOo i keep thinking bout avin another....

Thank god for cones and my homemade vaporizer with blow torch:) godamn it's harsh though.

Moral of story... i need to sort myself, forget about temporary escape.
:\

i swear i kept seeing smoke rising around me during lectures all day, actually it hasn't changed much

Last edited:
TiT0 said:
leaves no black once burnt?

Just a quick point. The black left after you heat up and inhale your rocks is the crap its been cut with nothing more. Meth should vapourise completely. Salt usually doesn't melt with the heat applied by a lighter and is usually left as it was in the bottom of the glass. Sugar and other rubbish usually will melt and bubble into the horid black crap(very simply put).

Last edited:
ive had someone say (2nd hand) that the meth we were on at the time was between 2-5% crack. his reasoning was that it was to make it that tiny bit more addictive/euphoric. the meth was fantastic though, as someone said bfore, almost MDMAish in its rushiness/loved up-ness, and looked the same as the pic. above. im not saying i believe it, just reporting that this rumour isn't isolated...

Let me just tell you that smoking some really fine crystal is definitely euphoric enough to have you eyeing off the pipe 20 minutes later waiting for someone to pass it round again, and again, without adding any crack to the mix.

BigTrancer :)

I have seen heaps of this going around, and it all looks the same and from the same guy.

One batch of stuff was rock, burnt fast and left some black in the pipe, but then some other fine stuff I saw (also from rock form but was crushed up more) left nothing but a very light brown mark, you could hardly see it. That fine batch burnt for ages, and slowly with consistant smoke with a very small amount.

I don't know if this means anything but I'm guessing purity, or was it cause it was crushed finer?

There are so many different batches of this going around so it's really hard to work out what it is. I guess the tester will only give an idea on the difference between them.

In that pic you have it kinda looks slightly wet, was it?

Let me add that this stuff after a few tokes makes you feel like your head is going to float from your body. Body feels relaxed like and MD effect without too much of the the floaty feeling.

Last edited:
Not wet, just the effect of the background and the plastic bag in the photo... freehand macro shots are not the easiest to keep in focus either so a bit out of focus and a bit shaky probably?

definitely burnt clean, no residue in the pipe except for white/clear build up that could be burnt and smoked some more (guessing it cooled in the pipe and solidified again).

From user reports some report the instant high, some just felt more energetic and talkative and at ease (if that makes any sense) but that it roller coasted and the real "off your head like a pill high" (tm) occurred out of the blue a few hours later after feeling like it was coming down.

Giving this stuff a miss me thinks!

Thanks for sharing views/facts/stories/etc... most helpful.

Let me just tell you that smoking some really fine crystal is definitely euphoric enough to have you eyeing off the pipe 20 minutes later waiting for someone to pass it round again, and again, without adding any crack to the mix

people go on and on about smoking meth, but i (and i know im not the only one) get little from it, apart from damaged lungs. of all routes of administration with this stuff i prefer insuffilliation. i don't know whether what i am used to is different, but it's almost like "cocaine" meth. relaxing yet amping, HIGHLY euphoric, and highly addictive. you can keep snorting it till the cows come home. well...at least for 24-48 hours! (though neither I nor Bluelight condones this)

That's what high quality meth with little impurities is like. Relaxing but amping hits the nail on the head. When smoking, I find brings on an almost MDMA like body sensation.

I also know of at least one person that gets little from smoking it. Give him a line, and he is off his nut. This baffles me, as I will only ever smoke the shit. And I've decided this ever since I got my first chance to smoke some good meth.

As for lung damage, smoking cigarettes will cause ten times more. Any lung issues that have ever been reported are either due to other complicating factors or to impurities. Basically, if your meth does not smoke up to clear or to a light brown stain, don't smoke it. Also, try to avoid smoking MSM, as it is less soluable in water. Meth on the other hand is EXTREMELLY soluable.

I too have a friend who claims that smoking meth is a waste on him, yet give him a line and you can't hold him down. Personally, if it isn't toked it isn't taken.

Runner, can you please expand on the MSM. I have heard friends talk of this as a cutting agent, what exactly is it?

From the chief bee

Removing MSM from Methamphetamine

The Use of Heat to Eliminate Dimethyl Sulfone from Amphetamine and Methamphetamine Hydrochloride
MICROGRAM; 1999; V32 (1); January; P10

It is frequently the case that samples of methamphetamine hydrochloride or amphetamine hydrochloride are mixed exclusively with dimethyl sulphone. In order to isolate the controlled substances from the dimethyl sulphone, therefore, the sample was heated in a convection oven for 10 minutes at a temperature of 115°C. As the sample was heated, the dimethyl sulphone sublimated, leaving behind the methamphetamine hydrochloride or amphetamine hydrochloride. If this process does not work, then heating the sample for a further 10 minutes should solve the problem.

What phase_dancer said and also this:

MSM is a dietary suppliment that resembles meth very closely. The only difference is that it is not as bitter, melts and vaporises (i don't think the term sublimates applies here) quicker (ever noticed how the first toke doesn't do fuck all for ya? :), and also is much less soluable in water when in crystal form.

You often hear junkies complaining how their gear doesn't mix up good - that's MSM. Unfortunatelly, smoking it can't be good for you either. This is my personal opinion based on the fact that you don't want anything that is not EXTREMELLY soluable in water like meth in your lungs. I'm sure a speck of MSM here and there won't do much damage.

Oh, and if one day you chuck a rock into your pipe and it smokes up 100% clear, that's probably MSM :) I am yet to see meth that smokes up 100% clear without leaving even a tiny spot :)

The way to test you rock, is first wipe it of little specks and lick it... If its meth, it should be extremly bitter and almost burn your tongue. If its MSM, it'll be very slightly bitter and have a cold sensation to it. Make sure to wipe little specks off the rock first though or you might be tasting them.

the ritualistic action of pulling the bag out, cutting up lines, and then chatting with whoever is snorting it with you is part of the fun for me! insuffilating can be like the hand to mouth action for ciggarettes. i prefer to snort moderately cut crystal than smoke it pure. the high from pure crystal is a bit too clean for me. i find the fact that you can be still absolutely wired, yet not feel that high after the initial rush has worn off slightly annoying, and at the same time unnerving.

me personally, i think i never got over the seedy aspect of smoking a chemical, no offence to those vast and numerous advocates of this pass-time:)

horses for courses i guess!

crystal meth - smoke it with a bong (replace the water with some sweet raspberry cordial ;)), you get the reeeeally nice and smooth feeling.. smoke it straight from a glass pipe, ewww ewww eww ewww you get the ickyest feeling ever

I don't really do Ice anymore, but when I did, I used to also dump pills and do base as well with it....Is this common amongst the scene these days??