• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Cadillac of...

bindingaffinity

Bluelighter
I've noticed a lot of people use the phrase "the Cadillac of [drug class]" to refer to their favorite. Most often I've seen oxymorphone referred to as "the Cadillac of opiates", but I've also heard some other interesting ones:

• opium also as "the Cadillac of opiates"
  • dextroamphetamine as "the Cadillac of stimulants"
  • 4-fluoroamphetamine as "the Cadillac of RC stims"
  • MDMA as "the Cadillac of empathogens"
  • (this might be the weirdest) ondansetron as "the Cadillac of antiemetics"
For each drug class you've tried, what would you personally consider "the Cadillac of" that drug class?

I've noticed a lot of people use the phrase "the Cadillac of [drug class]" to refer to their favorite. Most often I've seen oxymorphone referred to as "the Cadillac of opiates", but I've also heard some other interesting ones:

• opium also as "the Cadillac of opiates"
  • dextroamphetamine as "the Cadillac of stimulants"
  • 4-fluoroamphetamine as "the Cadillac of RC stims"
  • MDMA as "the Cadillac of empathogens"
  • (this might be the weirdest) ondansetron as "the Cadillac of antiemetics"
For each drug class you've tried, what would you personally consider "the Cadillac of" that drug class?

I've heard "the Rolls Royce of" whatever, and I think that makes more sense than Cadillac.

DMT is the Jaguar of psychedelics.
LSA is the Saturn of psychedelics.
DXM is the Pontiac of dissociatives.
Nicotine is the Diamond Star Motors of stimulants.

Oxymorphone is the Cadillac of opioids.

MXE is the bentley of dissociatives
hydromorphone IV is the bentley of opiates

Im not realy into searching for new stuff, as long as I find something I like I wont look for something else.
Thus, the only opiate Ive tried is heroin, the only strong stim is coke, and the only psychedelic is weed(never was intrested in psychedelics any way).
As for booze, and it's substitutes(various benzos) the candilac can be nothing else but "absinthe". My little fairy never let's me down.

MXE is the bentley of dissociatives
hydromorphone IV is the bentley of opiates

Funny you say that hydromorphone is the Bentley of opioids. There actually are opioids classed as "Bentley compounds" based on their synthesis method, which was first done by someone with the name Bentley. Buprenorphine is a Bentley compound, for example. Hydromorphone, on the other hand, is not considered a Bentley compound.

Bomber, I gotta agree with you about Absinthe being the Cadillac of alcohol. Its my favorite alcoholic beverage and REAL moonshine would be a close 2nd. As for opiates go, I'd say raw opium or morphine sulfate would be what I would consider the Cadillac of opiates, since they are closest to being a pure opiate.

I've heard "the Rolls Royce of" whatever, and I think that makes more sense than Cadillac.

yeah, it's a Neal Cassady quote. i believed he referred to something (it may have been aMT if i recall correctly) "the rolls royce of dope"

Neal was the inspiration for Jack Kerouac's On the Road. The protagonist "Dean Moriarty" is based on Neal.

According to Erowid, it was either aMT or psilocybin.

Some other stuff Bluelighters have referred to as being the Rolls Royce of their class:
  • mescaline - the Rolls Royce of drugs in general
  • cocaine - the Rolls Royce of drugs in general
  • DMT - the Rolls Royce of psychedelics
  • 2C-T-7 - also the Rolls Royce of psychedelics
  • oxymorphone - the Rolls Royce of opiates (of course)
  • dipropionylmorphine - also the Rolls Royce of opiates
  • Afghan heroin - the Rolls Royce of heroin
  • Xanax - the Rolls Royce of benzos
  • Apaurin - the Rolls Royce of diazepam
  • the Glass Vapor Genie - the Rolls Royce of DMT pipes
  • Braun Omnican - the Rolls Royce of needles
Someone also, amusingly, referred to aMT as being "the Ford Fiesta of psychedelics".

Of stuff I've personally had enough experience with to form a solid opinion:
  • Methoxetamine - "the Bentley of dissociatives" is right-on
  • DXM - the Chevrolet of dissociatives
  • DOC - the Mercedes-Benz of psychedelics
  • 5-MeO-EiPT - the Audi of psychedelics
  • 5-MeO-MiPT - the BMW of psychedelics
  • Scotch - the Cadillac of alcohol
  • ethanol - the Toyota of drugs in general
Dishonorable mention goes to moxifloxacin... the Trabant of antibiotics IMO. (Edited: this is because every time I've taken moxifloxacin, it made me very, very ill (too nauseous to eat, weak and dizzy, sometimes slightly delirious as well) for the entire course of taking it. I've never had that kind of reaction to other antibiotics, even quinolones.)

Last edited:
Im interested in your dislike of moxifloxacin. The quinilones are certainly not benign, but if needed Im not sure its fair to judge adverse effects. (Well aware doctors prescribe empirically so it may not have in fact been indicated). Just odd to hate on it to me.

As a "Merry Prankster" I can assure you that Neal leaned towards the "speedy side". Take that as you will.

• Scotch - the Cadillac of alcohol
  • ethanol - the Toyota of drugs in general

I like your post in general, these two in general stuck out as funny to me. Toyota ( at least for the last 15+ years) has been very boring in addition to being known for its reliability. Reliable and boring, yep that's booze. And of course, Scotch would have to be the Cadillac of all varieties--granted I haven't tried absinthe. Now I'm considering what moonshine would be :D

Funny so many mention oxymorphone as a "best of" for the opioid class of drugs. Back probably 6 or 7 years ago I used to see an old doctor who prescribed me 4 80mg oxycontin for years and years. So, he was getting ready to retire and says to me, this is your last script. Please find another doctor. Well I actually did but what they told me was that they wouldn't touch what I was taking with a ten-foot pole. So they give me the equivalent dose of oxymorphone and I was very leary. However many years later I actually am very happy with the switch. Who would have known?

Funny so many mention oxymorphone as a "best of" for the opioid class of drugs. Back probably 6 or 7 years ago I used to see an old doctor who prescribed me 4 80mg oxycontin for years and years. So, he was getting ready to retire and says to me, this is your last script. Please find another doctor. Well I actually did but what they told me was that they wouldn't touch what I was taking with a ten-foot pole. So they give me the equivalent dose of oxymorphone and I was very leary. However many years later I actually am very happy with the switch. Who would have known?

Did you snort them?

Did you snort them?

Yes I "do" snort them. Basically out of need since my doctor has said I'm at the highest dose he's comfortable with. One other quick note, so after I started with this new practice they did put/keep me on the exact dose equivalent with the new med Opana. Then about 4 months in he cut my daily dose in half and that's where it remains today. That was 6-7 years ago and tolerance being what it is, the only way to get more medicine was to change the ROA. So since snorting Opana is about 4X as strong as swallowing them, it was basically a no brainer. Sorry for the lengthy response but that's where things stand today.

BeachBum4u, have you considered chrushing and plugging the Opana (mix it with water first then draw it up with an oral syringe)? Its the next best thing to shooting from what I hear. In my experience, Opana was disappointing compared to Oxycontin (which has a great oral BA), so I plugged it. I find it lengthens the duration a little bit.

Yes I "do" snort them. Basically out of need since my doctor has said I'm at the highest dose he's comfortable with. One other quick note, so after I started with this new practice they did put/keep me on the exact dose equivalent with the new med Opana. Then about 4 months in he cut my daily dose in half and that's where it remains today. That was 6-7 years ago and tolerance being what it is, the only way to get more medicine was to change the ROA. So since snorting Opana is about 4X as strong as swallowing them, it was basically a no brainer. Sorry for the lengthy response but that's where things stand today.

and when he cuts the dose again you will be injecting them. Thats our DEA at work right there against the opiate problem

and when he cuts the dose again you will be injecting them. Thats our DEA at work right there against the opiate problem

I agree with you on the DEA bit. However I seriously doubt he'll cut my meds at this point but I assure you I will not be injecting anything anytime soon. BTW that reduction was 6-7 years ago but I'll never say never.

Regarding the previous post, yea I don't think I'm going to be plugging anything anytime soon either. But I continue to hear folks speak well of it. For the record, I dose every 6 hours, so lengthening matters isn't really needed.