Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Marijuana - First Time - Weed experience

dood42069

Bluelighter
So, yesterday was the first time I have experienced weed. I know, lol but I have done many other drugs. I have just never been able to get my hands on it. So heres the trip report!

My friend (lets call him J) and I bought some bud from our plug, and we went to our spot. We rolled up the weed in the blunts and ripped it. It was dank as fuck and burned really bad. J told me it was really good weed and I took 4 hits. (about .3 grams)

One minute later, I asked J why I was not getting high, and he said "Just wait man, just wait" So, in about another minute I told him, "I am starting to feel weird as hell man". He started laughing.

Everything started zooming in and I realized the ground looked much further away than it actually was. Everything started to get brighter and I got dry mouth. I was kind of anxious and I was in a really weird mindset. J and I walked back to our house, and played really trippy music. I seemed like I was a part of the music. While walking, I rambled on about how the landscape looked animated and made in CGI. Then, I realized I was mumbling and started laughing. Also, riding my skateboard felt incredible. Also, I realized I zoned out a lot. I accidentally dumped hot chocolate mix into the can of pringles, and when I realized, I thought my mom was going to kill me or something. I tryed to eat the chips so I could throw the container away. It was very disgusting and was impossible to eat because my mouth was so dry. What I ended up doing, was hiding them in the back of the pantry (I still have not moved them). I also things have a much stronger flavor and I got a strobe light effect in my vision.

It really does not compare in alcohol in any way except that it makes you tired and hungry =D

Does anyone know why it is such a weird feeling?

substancecode_marijuana
substancecode_cannabis
explevel_firsttime
roacode_smoked
roacode_inhaled
exptype_positive

Last edited by a moderator:
Cuz it's weed, mannnn...

;)

Sounds like early experiences to me. I remember in my early days, I would be buzzing so hard I felt like I was falling through the floor, through the Earth, at a million miles per hour. Like my body would be vibrating so hard I would feel like I was shaking. It was the perfect state of mind to get accused by my friend's dad of smoking... CIGARETTES in the tree house! 8o

*whew*

Haha with sativa, I just get an uncomfortable body high/anxiety. I just tried indica the other day, and I am in love with it! It is so much more chill and euphoric. I also think it is more trippy. Cool stuff, man!

If you're curious here's an interesting read. It's not completely accurate, but it is very informative and about as unbiased as it gets with cannabis studies.
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3570572/
Mostly talks about the metabolism of THC and why the high "might" be the way it is. Might is used because there are two different theories discussed, though the second seems most likely.

In addition, the terms indica/sativa are possibly dated/erroneous that proliferate a myth. I hope this doesn't seem pretentious, but I figured BL is the place if anywhere to mention this. Basically, sativa and indica are really only useful terms for the grower, not the consumer, despite its association with certain "highs". For a grower the terms are useful because they denote the physical characteristics of the plant (phenotype); how it will grow, how much it will yeild, how long it will take to flower, etc. (Sativa- typically Tall, thin, longer wait to harvest. Indica- typically Short, Bushier, typically shorter harvest cycles) Notice the use "typically" because there are many exceptions, which further discredit the idea that there is any real difference between the two, other than physical characteristics.

The second area of contention is that we are now fairly certain that the high is a product of the varying interactions of the 100+ cannabinoinds, terpenes, and other bioactive compounds and that any differences in high are actually attributed to the differences in ratios of cannabinoids:terpenes:biomolecules, so unless we can find some sort of evidence that correlates the plants growth with certain ratios, then we can't really say that their growth patterns affect the high. And in fact evidence seems to point to the contrary, many strains that were thought to be "indica" because of the way they were grown turned out to have extremely unexpected effects/flavors not typically associated with an indica and this is really where the debate began.

Perhaps in ancient times before human cultivation and co-evolution, sativas and indicas were different, but nowadays, I would imagine it near impossible to find a true "land race" strain. Maybe the fact that 99.9% modern cannabis is a hybrid of the two is the cause? As for that I do not know, just speculation and more rambling lol. Hope you found some of what i said interesting and I didn't just talk anyone's ear off.

TL;DR: Sativa/Indica denote growth patterns (phenotypes) and do not necessarily determine the high the strain will supply.

Ugh posts like this take me back to when I first started blazing. Such good times. THC binds to endocannabinoid receptors in the brain which is why it gives such an interesting range of effects. I also agree that there is an aspect of euphoria, especially when the experience is boosted with music. There's some powerful positive energy in that plant!

Yeah weed is one of the best music enhancers, my band always shares a bowl right before practice because it's so good for really getting into the feeling music. I'm about to go to my friend's house, smoke weed and listen to music in a few minutes when I get off work. :)