• Philosophy and Spirituality
    Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Threads of Note Socialize
  • P&S Moderators: Xorkoth | Madness

Proposition

Asclepius

Bluelight Crew
My question is, if you had one overarching objective - a spiritual objective (meaning: one that means something important to YOU (not necessarily grand/global but can be), what would it be? What would be three measures you would take, in an attempt to achieve it? ...and lastly, how would you imagine it would impact you?

Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness~

in addition to being surrounded by the means to obtain such, or the means to find that which will aid me.
This is spiritual by every means, but it's insulting to assign it separate from an (under?)arching objective.

What bothers me about the question is that it almost suggests a spiritual objective wouldn't typically be in line with an earthly objective. Unless I ascend and suddenly become hella high maintenance, I doubt I'll need much more than some pot, "no crash, no risk" aeroplanes, and my lovely lady.

I see it most appropriate to live as if I will retain the right to those three regardless of my environment. Right and wrong; what was once obscure(d) is becoming increasingly evident.

~

1. Breathe

2. Remain adamant in the freedom department. The more neurons a creature has, the less it likes being staked to the ground.

3. Walk and run, fly and love, see and touch, hear and taste.

___ nice question

I like this question I think bit I'd like to ask for a little more clarification on what exactly a "spiritual goal" is, compared to a material goal. Would a spiritual goal he more along the lines of, changing your outlook on life, or discovering something about who you are, for example?

Sure..By spiritual goal, I was refering to something meaningful/with meaning and meaningful life, purpose (however the individual's perspective dictates; not really for me to decide that for anyone else ?).

(Ignore random characters, my phone's possessed and can't edit)

One overarching objective - a spiritual objective:
Complete understanding of this reality, including all the living creatures (myself included), needs, reasons, understanding of every aspect and detail of life and death.

What would be three measures you would take?

1)self-discipline
2)study
3)effective communication and love

How would you imagine it would impact you?
It started some time ago :)

It makes me more aware of myself, my thoughts, my surroundings. I understand people and events a lot clearer than before I set myself for this objective.
It sorta alienates me at times although just to show me, that I need to share and accept more.
Anger is a lot easier to control now and I understand and see it as a powerful tool for achievement rather than a character's flaw.
I'm not afraid of death as much as I used to, also, I'm not afraid of a lot of artificial societal fears that used to bother me before.

I have modest material ends I pursue, and I don't really believe in having a soul. No spiritual objectives aside from inevitably dying. If that counts.

No measures needed. I may not even have free will, or I may just be reliving my entire life that I once had control over, but now do not. Either way it wouldn't matter much to me.

No impact, other than a sense of completion that will never be perceived, only realized.

There's spiritual goals, and spiritual goals you can actually attain, or ones you can even attempt.

I can sit at my zendo for an hour each week, with the goal of enlightenment, but never expect to attain it.

(After two years of Zen I still just leave with an aching back, feet that can't wake up, and feeling like an asshole.)

overarching objective - a spiritual objective
three measures you would take, in an attempt to achieve it?
how would you imagine it would impact you?

To be free of self loathing, love myself

Quit smoking
Pursue a passion fully (like making art or activism)
Self care and mindfulness

I’d finally make something of my skills and contribute something to my community. I might feel like a part of my community rather than a shadow lurker alive but not really living. I wouldn’t be avoiding the world around me but a part of it. I think I’m fairly neutral now, I try not to be an a**hole but I don’t really engage. If I could find a way out of my smoke filled semi-agoraphobic lethargy I’m pretty sure I have something to offer. I think this all starts with self love. I’ve been loathing myself forever. It’s time to let go of the self loathing but I think it’ll require a lot of work.

There's spiritual goals, and spiritual goals you can actually attain, or ones you can even attempt.

I can sit at my zendo for an hour each week, with the goal of enlightenment, but never expect to attain it.

(After two years of Zen I still just leave with an aching back, feet that can't wake up, and feeling like an asshole.)

There is still immense benefit in the attempt though. I've started to meditate again but my goal isn't so lofty. Its simply to find a less destructive way to combat anxiety. So far, so good. :)

Well, my goal while sitting is No Goal, but the real goal is Don't Think About the Time which slides through How Can My Back Hurt This Bad Holy Shit I Want to Die, and ends with What if my Feet Never Wake Up? Avalokitishvara Bodhisattva here's a Prajna Paramita, let's go home.

My goal is to align my chakras, decalcify my pineal gland, tolet completely go of my ego and any and all lower density though-forms, to be Karma neutral upon physical bodily death and to attain God-consiousness within this physical lifetime. I will ascend out of the lower 4 dimensions and leave my fleshy physical matter-based behind. I will shed my Astral body in the Astral plane, my Mental body in the Mental plane and lastly my Causal body in the causal plane to once again merge with the creator and become one with the source energy again from which we all come, to experience infinite love, peace and truth forever and neverending, into infinity.

yeah but can u prove the earths curvature? cause from what ive heard 9/11 never happened

Satan, be nice. Even if it was totally insincere, the message is at least pleasant.

(I think it was silly-sincere? What's the word, 80-hrs up brain)

My spiritual goal would be the ability to completely turn off the egoic operating system with all it's torturous thoughts and attain a state pure serenity, sometimes I get slices of this, but mere slices. A more lofty goal would be the ability to really connect with god, a vision or authentic god connection experience. Which I did have once, but I was on shrooms, but regardless it was an experience I shall never forget.

To be free of self loathing, love myself

Quit smoking
Pursue a passion fully (like making art or activism)
Self care and mindfulness

I’d finally make something of my skills and contribute something to my community. I might feel like a part of my community rather than a shadow lurker alive but not really living. I wouldn’t be avoiding the world around me but a part of it. I think I’m fairly neutral now, I try not to be an a**hole but I don’t really engage. If I could find a way out of my smoke filled semi-agoraphobic lethargy I’m pretty sure I have something to offer. I think this all starts with self love. I’ve been loathing myself forever. It’s time to let go of the self loathing but I think it’ll require a lot of work.

The worst thing about being your own worst enemy, is self sabotage.
The best thing about being your own worst enemy is proving yourself wrong.

Loving/not, yourself, is not a pre-requisite for living. Life is confusing, you're meant to accept yourself (reality) not love yourself (narcissist ideal bound to fail, unless you're an idiot) - this white-washed idea of self-perfection is nauseating imo ;)
So you might as well accept youre part idiot, part godlike and part work in progress. Build your self , as yourself and through experience, rather than waiting to be accepted unconditionally.
You fail, you learn and move stronger in the trajectory that you learn from, if you want to.

I've mastered the art of indulgent self-pity, it's futile and boring and attracts parasites to feed with you, and off of you and you won't even realise it.

Do the work, endeavour to keep yourself stimulated through your own violition, anything else is fake. Don't let fear stop you from moving. Lower your expectations of everything but yourself. Search for people you respect. If you love art that's one thing to love. You'll work it out. ;)