Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Should vyvanse get me high?

Godwintwo2

Greenlighter
Hey guys, I am posting because for a while now, I have been prescribed with vyvanse (Lisdexamphetamine) which is a prodrug for speed. I have had a brain scan or something which showed that some part of my brain is developing slower than others which explains my ADD. Now, I've heard that vyvanse and other amphetamines don't give ADD people a speedy high but whenever i take it, I tweak out, pupils dilate, I become more social, feel a very energetic euphoria etc. Does this mean I don't have ADD? Has anyone else with ADD experienced this?

Any answers much appreciated

Cheers!

I replied to your post about Vyvanse but im not sure whether it worked so i thiught id say hello. Hello!
In a round about way you wnt Vyvanse to keep you slightly high so your body thinks it needz to replace dopemine and seritonin, which is the primary reason Vyvanse is prescribed. Its this 'just enough in your system' that satisfiies your brain's craving for meth/speed and reducing the brain's receptors tht have been enlarged by drug use. (Certainly in my case anyway). Its these brain receptors' thirst for the drug that makez you crave and say "ice, ice baby"

If the medication is working as indicated, you shouldn't feel as though you "tweak out". What dose are you taking? Have you tried other stimulant medications for ADHD?

In the interests of harm minimisation, I would recommend speaking with your doctor :)

~pharm_friendly~

I agree in the interest of safety you should talk to your doctor about this. However, my friend who was prescribed vyvanse noted lesser, but similar effects to what you have said. He would take them for fun with me, but they never did as much to him as they did to me.

If the medication is working as indicated, you shouldn't feel as though you "tweak out". What dose are you taking? Have you tried other stimulant medications for ADHD?

In the interests of harm minimisation, I would recommend speaking with your doctor :)

~pharm_friendly~
Yeah I’ve tried concerta and Ritalin both of which didn’t rlly help which sucks ? so I’ve just been putting up with the effects for now but I do find them a little harsh. Although I’ve got to say, the weirdest part is that I’m only on 30mg which is the lowest possible dose. Strange...

I agree in the interest of safety you should talk to your doctor about this. However, my friend who was prescribed vyvanse noted lesser, but similar effects to what you have said. He would take them for fun with me, but they never did as much to him as they did to me.
Yeah, I’ll bring it up next time I see him. A few of my friends have taken it (not from me) but they weren’t prescribed and still had less effect than me which I find rlly odd.