• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

If u could only dose one drug one time per year the rest of your life...which one?

I have very mild psych experience, but no, relatively speaking it's the big drug class I have very little experience with. I've tried almost all the major hard drugs, but very little in the psychedelic class. But part of the reason for that is I don't think I'm the type that tends to have good experiences with them. I think it's to do with how my brain works, my mom was the same back when she used drugs and has a lot of the same issues I do, so I've tended to avoid the whole class. Shit like that has a tendency to cause my anxiety to go crazy.

MDMA on the other hand I have more experience with, wouldn't go so far as to say extensive, but more than psychedelics. And yeah, I have had good experiences with it.

I get what you're saying, and I did think about it before answering heroin. But in the end, I'm a heroin addict, and since I think I'm the type that can either not use at all, or use to self destruction, I could see it working out well. A way for me to still use heroin while having no way to abuse it like I would in real life.

That's why I chose heroin. Allllllthouth, maybe I'd be better picking a much longer lasting opioid if I can only use it so rarely, I really still want the rush from IVing though.

Also, I don't use drugs to expand my mind, I get that's some peoples thing, and that's all cool, that's great. But I'm an escapist user. I use because I want to be thinking less.

So yeah, I might choose a different opioid with more thought, but it'd still be an opioid.

It would NEVER be a benzo though. Don't get me wrong, Ive used them lots, I like them, but nowhere near enough to pick them.

I wouldn't be at all surprised if a lot of the reason you and others might find it so surprising is different underlying motives for drug use. There's different kinds of drug users and different kinds of drug addicts. A lot of people use drugs to experiment, novelty seeking, mind expanding. A lot of people use them largely to cope with emotional problems and otherwise wouldn't be so drawn to drugs without those problems.

A lot of opioid addicts (and I do specifically mean addicts, not just users), myself included, primarily use cause life is so painful all the time. Emotionally, physically, or both. And that probably means they get more from it than someone without those problems would. Like how some people feel nothing from benzos and others can't live without them. So if it comes down to some opioid use or none, I'd bet there are many like me who'd still pick opioids every time.

Excactly, I've never tried any strong psychedelic but I can bet my ass it would be a scary expirience for me.

I kinda wonder if it's no coincidence, if the same emotional issues shit that draws some to opioids are also the reason we might have negative reactions to psychedelics. And so it's not just wanting opioids more, it's also wanting psychs a lot less.

I may not be a heroin user, or even an IV opioid user, but I still use codeine daily and heavily. I totally get where you're coming from, Jess, but we're talking about once a year. As blissful as opioids may be, I agree with LSDreamer that it can never beat a good psychedelic experience. The problem with psychs is you can't use them functionally or on a daily basis, so in that sense they don't work as comfort drugs at all. But if it's a once a year thing, then I want it to be much more special than just vegging out in opioid warmth.

As for the anxiety problem - don't you think you'd try to find some other way of dealing with anxiety if you only had access to drugs once a year? And even if not, an opioid once a year may mask your anxiety for that particular day, but empathogens or psychs may be able to, at least temporarily, help you deal with the underlying problems - which would last way past the experience itself. In this light, I would maybe even opt for PCP (more specifically, 3-HO-PCP as it's currently my favorite), because dissos have long lasting AD effects as well.

Yeah I also do suffer from crippling depression and use opioids daily because of that, so I really do get your reasoning, but I firmly believe that if we're talking about a once a year thing, then there's other aspects to consider.

Excactly, I've never tried any strong psychedelic but I can bet my ass it would be a scary expirience for me.

Lysergamides, like LSD, do tend to induce anxiety and unpleasant bodyload during the trip. So if that is a turn-off, you should try 4-HO-MET. As far as psychedelics go, that one is as easy-going as it seems to get, but it is not a meaningless or weak experience by any stretch of the imagination. Also, set and setting matter. If you anticipate it to be a scary experience, it probably will. Not worrying and just going with the flow is my advice.

I've been through a couple years where my only drug use other than social drinking was a single methoxetamine trip, which sorted me out psychospiritually for quite a while.

So yeah... methoxetamine.

I may not be a heroin user, or even an IV opioid user, but I still use codeine daily and heavily. I totally get where you're coming from, Jess, but we're talking about once a year. As blissful as opioids may be, I agree with LSDreamer that it can never beat a good psychedelic experience. The problem with psychs is you can't use them functionally or on a daily basis, so in that sense they don't work as comfort drugs at all. But if it's a once a year thing, then I want it to be much more special than just vegging out in opioid warmth.

As for the anxiety problem - don't you think you'd try to find some other way of dealing with anxiety if you only had access to drugs once a year? And even if not, an opioid once a year may mask your anxiety for that particular day, but empathogens or psychs may be able to, at least temporarily, help you deal with the underlying problems - which would last way past the experience itself. In this light, I would maybe even opt for PCP (more specifically, 3-HO-PCP as it's currently my favorite), because dissos have long lasting AD effects as well.

Yeah I also do suffer from crippling depression and use opioids daily because of that, so I really do get your reasoning, but I firmly believe that if we're talking about a once a year thing, then there's other aspects to consider.

Lysergamides, like LSD, do tend to induce anxiety and unpleasant bodyload during the trip. So if that is a turn-off, you should try 4-HO-MET. As far as psychedelics go, that one is as easy-going as it seems to get, but it is not a meaningless or weak experience by any stretch of the imagination. Also, set and setting matter. If you anticipate it to be a scary experience, it probably will. Not worrying and just going with the flow is my advice.

Hey man I get your reasoning too. It’s a perfectly sensible argument with a lot of merit behind it.

Obviously this is a bit of a subjective, personal question without a right or wrong answer.

It’s tempting, it really is. I just don’t think I have it in me to say I’d be ok NEVER experiencing opioids EVER again. Which is basically what this hypothetical entails.

I’m trying to get off heroin at this point in my life right now, and I just can’t do it telling myself it’s forever. I have to let myself believe I can always start using again, because of I didn’t, then I probably really would start using again. I can only stay off it if I don’t frame it as forever. I have to see it as “not right now”.

So that plays a big part into this hypothetical question too.

Like I said, it’s very tempting, but for me I think I’ll stick with my answer.

I kinda wonder if it's no coincidence, if the same emotional issues shit that draws some to opioids are also the reason we might have negative reactions to psychedelics. And so it's not just wanting opioids more, it's also wanting psychs a lot less.

I don't have the scientifical knowledge to prove it, but I feel that this is more than true.

It’s tempting, it really is. I just don’t think I have it in me to say I’d be ok NEVER experiencing opioids EVER again. Which is basically what this hypothetical entails.

When you put it that way, I don't think I can disagree. As I said in my first response, "Being limited to only having one drug, once a year... sounds incredibly depressing.".

It is true that with the "once a year"argument, more mindblowing drugs seem to be a better choice than heroin, and that's why I did choose mdma. On the other hand, being clean for months, I realy REALY want to feel the pleasurefull blanket once again,while daily use again is the last thing I would want.

When you put it that way, I don't think I can disagree. As I said in my first response, "Being limited to only having one drug, once a year... sounds incredibly depressing.".

Yeah I said something similar in my first post on this thread.

I still think you make a good point, as I said, before I answered heroin I did consider that maybe I should choose something that has more bang for your buck so to speak. Something that makes better use of the restriction. Cause i agree with what you're saying about it, I just like opioids far too much to pick anything else.

And since I don't much like psychedelics, if I were to pick something else, it would probably be MDMA or a more conventional stimulant of some sort. I've had some great experiences with meth. Its tempting, but yeah, no, I'm still gonna have to go with an opioid.

I do wonder if there might be a better opioid choice though. I mean I love the IV Rush and euphoria of heroin, I just want it to last longer if I only get to do it once a year so I might prefer something with a longer half life.

^ you can definitely find a potent opioid with a long half-life, but I can't recall any off the top of my head; although the rush may not be as good - but then again it could be better!

Forgive my stupid question, but does IV methadone have a rush?

I don’t think so.

IV methadone grosses me out so I’ve seriously avoided ever doing it. I got a friend who does it and it makes me feel sick seeing him do it. It’s cause I’ve tasted it so many times and I detest the flavoring shit they add to make it taste better. It doesn’t taste better, it tastes so much worse than if they left it its natural bitter taste.

Where I live there are two methadone brands, a yellow one and a pink one. The pink is unflavored and my preference. The yellow is flavored with what can only be called Satan’s answer to artificial cherry flavor. It’s disgusting. It does mask the bitter taste but it’s nauseatingly disgusting. Unfortunately the yellow kind is much more common.

Anyways, I HAVE IVed methadone once, but it wasn’t very much, and it was mixed with heroin.

But my friend says there’s no rush at all, he only shoots it because it takes effect faster and needle fixation. He says other than taking effect faster it’s no different.

I wonder why IV methadone has no rush. It's a full agonist which should have no problem crossing the BBB. Anyway, going off-topic here...

Shooting methadone meant for oral consumption is a no-no because of the flavorings and stuff. You never know what kind of adverse effects they may have when IV'd.

It comes down to never doing any other drug again exept that one that u pick to do...and only once a year at that.

Do u ooiate choosers have any disso experience? Because Jess...u were talking about anxiety from psychs...which I agree is quite unpleasant...disso don't have that as much..

I wonder why IV methadone has no rush. It's a full agonist which should have no problem crossing the BBB. Anyway, going off-topic here...

Shooting methadone meant for oral consumption is a no-no because of the flavorings and stuff. You never know what kind of adverse effects they may have when IV'd.

Yeah I wonder those kinda things too. No idea why. I don’t really have enough experience to say first hand it doesn’t have a rush. But my friend swears it sucks and doesn’t.

I think it has to do with how rapidly heroin crosses the bbb and converts to morphine that gives it a better rush than most opioids would in general.

And yeah, like I said, shooting it grosses me out big time. It’s dangerous for lots of reasons. The biggest probably being that it’s a syrup. It’s nothing close to the sort of thing that should ever wind up in the blood stream. It’s not like just skipping absorption and introducing the drug directly like shooting H, it’s a totally foreign material that should never be there. And there’s lots of potential complications.

I’ve only done it once and that’s cause my friend mixed the heroin with methadone cause we had very little heroin and he wanted to stretch it out. I was hanging out for a shot and as I recall we’d gone through a lot of effort just to get what we had, so I wasn’t going to forgo it just cause the methadone disgusted me.

It wasn’t too bad. I could taste the methadone flavor from the shot, but the taste was very muted from being injected. It wasn’t unpleasant apart from psychologically. I didn’t feel it very much but it stopped me hanging out.

It comes down to never doing any other drug again exept that one that u pick to do...and only once a year at that.

Do u ooiate choosers have any disso experience? Because Jess...u were talking about anxiety from psychs...which I agree is quite unpleasant...disso don't have that as much..

I don’t have much experience with them. The only drug classed as dissociative that I have lots of experience with is nitrous oxide. Which I enjoy the hell out of.

Last edited:
JessFR and bomber, I gotta agree with the statement about the contrast between opiates and psychedelics. You might be on to something there. Belligerent drunk, another opiate with a long half-life would be extended-release morphine sulfate (my DOC), but I wouldn't know if it lasts as long if IV'd since I don't use needles. LucidSDreamr, I have had a bad experience with Salvia and an even worse experience with Dextromethorphan. Having tried both high doses of psychs and dissociatives, I gotta say the latter was far more terrifying in my experience. I swallowed a bottle of Robitussin in my teens once. It was terrible. Dissociated doesn't even begin to describe how terrible my experience was because I couldn't even tell you my own damn name if you asked me. I thought I had died and gone to hell, not to mention I blew my sober cover when I started doing the robo-walk, which freaked out my mom. When she asked me what was wrong with me, I told her some dumb shit like I drank too much fat-free hot chocolate or something. I knew she wasn't buying that either. XD My sense of time was completely f*cked-off too. There's tons of weird details about the experience that I remember. I could go on forever about it, but if I could sum up that experience in 1 sentence I would say "It was pure confusion". I can't understand what anyone would find appealing about Salvia or DXM, but maybe other people had better experiences with dissociatives than I did.

Last edited:
Once a year would be pure MDMA... however for the rest of the year i would do whatever i want on a daily basis..

This has never even crossed my mind what kind of monster thinks of this?

I know right? I assume it's from the same people that brought you "if you had to kill 10 random adults or one random child, which would you kill? And other hypotheticals for the insane.

The correct answer by the way is of course, kill all 11. They had no chance in a world where people come up with this crazy shit anyway.

On the opioid vs psychs 1x per year thing...I think MDMA is the perfect middle ground. Mind-blowing like psychs but also extreme hedonistic euphoria and comfort.