• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Memory enhancement on cannabis

Espiritus

Bluelighter
Has anyone else had this effect where vivid recollection of past events is really easy after smoking? When I think of things that happened many years ago, it feels almost like I'm back in that time. The recollection of those events feels very emotionally solid; it's like they just happened yesterday. It's an amazing feeling.

You remember things in relation to how you experience them.

Memories that are formed while intoxicated/impaired will relate to your emotions while you were high. When someone gets drunk they may believe that they were being highly social but others might remember that person as being obnoxious and loud. Perception is altered. You may feel great because of the drug but assume that it is because of your interactions with others. That is an extreme example as not everyone who is drunk is obnoxious. Perception plays a big role in forming memories.

You remember the experience. If you experienced euphoria while listening to music it's likely you will remember that song as amazing. You won't remember gaps in your memory or really be cognitive of them unless someone else was there and recalls things that you don't remember.

Has anyone else had this effect where vivid recollection of past events is really easy after smoking? When I think of things that happened many years ago, it feels almost like I'm back in that time. The recollection of those events feels very emotionally solid; it's like they just happened yesterday. It's an amazing feeling.

I have when tuning out listening to music, it's pretty chill

Yeah, I’ve gotten this before, even concerning memories formed sober.
And as for music...when I’m learning a song I like to listen to it once sober, once high, and then learn it sober. The altered perception comes back when I listen to the song again and brings back the positive aspects of the state but I still have the benefits of being sober.

I think those certain aspects about cannabis is what makes it slightly hallucinogenic.

Salutations Espiritus,

...an amazing feeling.

It seems to me like healthy cannabis raises our level of "fuzzy" logic, opening the door to alternate potentially creative paths which still didn't emerge before. Some of us develop skills acquiring "filters" which help in decoding/appreciating what others would even fail to perceive, for example. Briefly put the beauty resides in the eye of the beholder, provided one has his eyes open (...), and i came to think cannabis does that a lot for "stoner"/"droÿé" minds: opening doors though one still needs to look out and perform the actual walking, nonetheless...

So for those living in hostile/depressing anti-cannabic environments it's only natural to expect the effects to be socio-toxic, so bigots can continue to blame us until the end of eternity, to take focus/attention away from permanent prejudice of their own inapropriate 3rd-party wrong-doing meanwhile...

Etc.

Good day, have fun!!