• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

O-Desmethyltramadol (freebase) - First Time - Pure, cozy bliss :)

Nod Alot

Bluelighter
Preface: Long story short, was dependent on opioids (IV morphine 300mgs, or Snorted oxycodone 160mgs) since 2007, but last use of any pharmaceutical opioid was January 2014 due to prison sentence. Got out May 2017 and have just been using kratom because I miss opioids but have no connections for "real opioids" anymore where I am. 1 month after my release I DID get a small script for codeine T3's from some dental work, and 180mg's of codeine had me feelin right! Crazy! My current kratom intake is 12 grams Bali once in the evening. I mention all this so you can sorta ballpark my tolerance.

I have been experimenting with O-Desmethytramadol (O-dsmt) and had a hard time finding good info on it recreationally, particularly the freebase form, which is the only form my well trusted vendor carries. From what I've been told it does work just fine orally because it reacts with the hydrochloric acid in your stomach making it absorbable, and I've had great results with it :)

Preface II: Ok I have at my disposal 2.5 grams of the O-dsmt, and have found after careful titration that 250mg's is my go-to dose. Here's more info: (sorry if this TR is sloppy, it's my first one )

Male, 6' 176lbs, Low-moderate tolerance
Dose: 250mg's O-dsmt freebase (weighed on MG scale)

t-00:10
chewed up and swallowed a few vitamin C tabs to create more acidic environment in stomach to hopefully aid in absorption of the freebase drug.

t+00:00 placed O-des powder on a single ply of toilet paper square and parachuted.

t+00:20 start feeling the pleasant stimulation from the NRI aspects of the O-des.

t+00:30 increased beautiful stimulation that's not overpowering/too much.

t+01:00 stimulation is subsided/being replaced by classic opioid euphoria. Lovely.

t+03:30
no stimulation at all. Completely lost in nods, euphoria, and itchiness. All on par (to me) of morphine.

t+06:00 euphoria is beginning to subside. All in all this is a long lasting substance.

t+07:30 still little euphoria and still nodding quite a bit. Decide to give in and go to sleep. Great ride.

Next Day wake up, no hangover or grogginess, small but slight afterglow. Rough time sleeping though, was itching ALL night.

CONCLUSION: This is an awesome substance to someone with my tolerance level. Felt a lot like an upbeat morphine.
use with caution, I could see this being very addicting.

substancecode_odesmethyltramadol
substancecode_odsmt
substancecode_opiates
explevel_firsttime
roacode_oral
exptype_positive
exptype_glowing

Last edited by a moderator:
I commented this in your NPD thread, but I'll also say it here: a drug doesn't have to be in salt form to be absorbed. In fact, the freebase form of a drug is usually absorbed better than the respective salt due to the nature of the lipid bilayer that forms cell membranes.

O-DT is indeed an awesome compound. I'm a daily codeine user and I find O-DT to be far superior.

^so could you use the freebase nasally and it will be absorbed?

There is no reason it shouldn't be. In the other thread you wanted to plug it - in that case you do need to dissolve it in water, in which case you need to make it into a salt first because freebase doesn't dissolve in water all that well.

Benzos are a good example of a drug that has exceptional bioavailability because they are not ionized (analogous to freebase), and they also work sublingually very well. Thinking of which, you could try the O-DT freebase sublingually (salts don't work subL that well - if you attempt to take a salt-drug subL it'll end up following the oral route).

So would more freebase be absorbed nasally, or more of the the salt form?

For nasal perhaps you want to use a salt because it's water soluble and won't clog your nostrils. Freebase has the problem of it not dissolving in water and clogging stuff up.

A further inquiry, elaborating on above poster, what are some of the significant differences between prescription grade Tramadol and o-dt? Is it simply the free-base active ingredient, minus the salt component and fillers?

o-dt is the primary metabolite of tramadol, so basically it's what tramadol becomes when you metabolize it. I believe it's responsible for a large part of the effects... seems like people report the two are different. Ingesting tramadol results in o-dt, and probably other metabolites, and I think tramadol itself also has effects before it is metabolized (but I might be wrong about that part).

There is no need to consume additional acids, freebases are always orally active because they convert to HCl salts in the stomach. Actually freebases are nasally and rectally active too, so I believe they will absorb through mucous membranes anyway.

A further inquiry, elaborating on above poster, what are some of the significant differences between prescription grade Tramadol and o-dt? Is it simply the free-base active ingredient, minus the salt component and fillers?

Please confirm this before attempting it but from memory: Like Xor said it's a metabolite of tramadol. If I recall correctly it does not have the anti-depressant effects of tramadol which allows you to consume more of it without risking seizures. The limiting factor with tramadol use is the major risk you take when pushing the dose beyond 150mg which greatly lowers the seizure threshold. Although I've seen people consume 300+mg in a session (and done it myself) tramadol never seemed to feel exactly like a classic opioid and had a bit of a speedy edge to it. Begin it was dangerous I only really messed with them when nothing else could be found and I was always careful to keep it below 300mg in a day. If you check the megathread in the OD forum there is a lot of good information about both substances.

Does o-desmethyltramadol have the same unfortunate tendency to lower seizure threshold as tramadol?

From the binding data it appears it shouldn't. The reason tramadol lowers the seizure threshold is largely because of its serotonergic action, which is also why you should never combine serotonergics with it or take tramadol while on SSRI/SNRIs.

O-DT has no serotonergic activity. It is, like tramadol, a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor (NRI); and, unlike tramadol, it is also an opioid. So tramadol itself is also an NRI, but not an opioid. Tramadol's opioid activity is only due to the O-DT metabolite. It's a pro-drug.

Personally, I wouldn't even want to try tramadol. O-DT seems way superior on paper. And from experience it has a really good effects profile and lacks any serious side-effects.

Also, it's more common for vendors to sell O-DT salts than freebase.

The O-Des is FAAAR superior as said above in terms of opioid effects. My favorite analogy is: if tramadol were codeine, O-Des would be morphine. And also as stated it doesn't carry the seizure risks of tram.

On a side note: I've been experimenting with different ROAs: Plugged as a salt form, snorted/salt, IV/salt, and of course oral freebase.

While IV produces a rush and faster onset, I find oral the best! You actually WANT the slower come up/down. Oral let's you enjoy the pleasant stimulation before pulling a 180 and falling into opiated bliss. It also lasts longer and feels stronger for some reason.
I love this compound and it would be very addictive for me if not for snail mail lol. As it is, I use it 2-3 days of the week. Sometimes just 1-2.

No one has yet tried to smoke some O-Des freebase? I'd give it a go were you to give me some with a glass pipe and lighter. I've not tried O-des yet...and enjoy tramadol when someone is scripted with it.

I did give it a go chasing it on foil, but it felt wasteful and wore off fairly quick. It does work, I just wouldn't recommend it if your trying to get the most out of it.

Oral is pretty awesome.

I always thought so too....until I learned what an opiate rush feels like! But word here is....it works fine orally. Some things remain the same.

Nah, probably works. You can smoke a lot of crazy things to effect. I was 14 and found out generic amitryptaline hcl pills smoke well to a drowsy effect.