• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Heart rate increase sober vs. on Molly

Espiritus

Bluelighter
You know when you get a fast heart rate because of anxiety when you're sober or even after drinking caffeine? and you feel your heart beating in your chest? How come on Molly even though your rate goes up, you don't feel it in your chest like that? I feel nothing of that sort. I get curious and take my pulse and realize how fast my heart rate is.

Because when you're on E you're (usually) not at all anxious. But don't you feel that on stims when they first hit? Like first times with meth, you get a chest pounding, almost alarming, but it's warm and you enjoy it? Like a roller coaster. Yeah, it doesn't last.

You can have rapid but shallow heartbeats, too. I started looking up causes, but there's half a dozen different tachychardias and drugs are always listed as a cause of anything.

I've noticed that some people seem to pay a lot of attention and concern to their own heart rate, which can induce anxiety and make it beat faster. MDMA is generally an anxiolytic, although not into the classical sense. So no worries = less chance of worrying about the heart.

Worrying about the heart is often psychosomatic as opposed to routed in actual physical problems, except of course on the rare occasion that somebody is having an actual cardiac emergency.

Yes, getting preoccupied with your vitals is a ticket to panic attacks. If anybody's worried, of those half dozen types of tachycardia I mentioned, only one was considered an emergency. Most of them didn't seem to warrant treatment. So if your pulse is high, you're probably fine.

http://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/tachycardia/home/ovc-20253857

Yeah I know a couple of friends who pay too much attention to their heart. It's simply a form of paranoia really; the persistent thought that there is something is happening, against all reasonable evidence to the contrary.

I've got a friend who used to sometimes worry about this heart on MDMA, so with regard to the OP's post, it does still sometimes happen. Like I say, it's not really a classic anxiolytic and can quite easily induce anxiety.

The first time I did E I overdosed on it. I already knew it increases heart rate so I put my hand to my chest and I literally felt nothing, like I had no pulse whatsoever. It was weird. However, 3 months ago when I rolled I had a bad trip and I felt pain in my chest when I was having a panic attack but still don't remember feeling my heart per se, just a sharp pain in the area. Shortness of breath too.

And if you still get worried about your pulse on stims, keep in mind that cardiac events are actually very rare for stims (other than cocaine). Most stim users wind up in the hospital for fights and accidents, although for meth it's usually psych-related.

From the NIH: "Toxic, fatal, or subfatal syndromes are seldom seen in chronic, high-dose, intravenous stimulant users, probably because tolerance develops rapidly. Most stimulant overdose fatalities occur in neophytes or persons who accidentally ingest large amounts, such as "bodypackers" or children." https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK64323/#A57795

So don't worry about it.

*is it starting to sound like I'm reassuring myself?

Interesting answers, thanks everyone! Yeah, I read somewhere that coke is particularly dangerous because it directly interferes with the heart's electrical signals.