• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health 5htp no longer working

BretdaBoxer

Greenlighter
I had tried everything to fix my problems. I believe I have high functioning autism and i get very nervous around ppl. Ive been this way since about 12 years old. When I took 5-HTP for the first time a month ago it changed my life. I could all of a sudden be myself again and felt like I understood people better and I could communicate. Fast forward a month to today and it has simply quit working. I doubled the dose (i kno its not good) and it seems to have not helped. I still get that awkward feeling. What is going on? How can i make it work again? I just bought b6 and c to help. Also bought st johns wart.

Have you ever looked up SAM-e? You might be able to get it at most local pharmacies, especially the big chains. Research that, and optimize your diet, eat very healthy and get some good exercise in every day or most days. Drink lots of water and have a purpose in life, something you can wake up in the morning and have a reason to get up for.

No man i havent tries SAMe. I have tried every drug there is. Nothing has ever worked like 5htp. It completely cured my autism 100% for about 2 weeks before it stopped working. I did not do anything but work those two weeks but it was by far the best two weeks of my life. I was completely normal and was able to communicate. Its frustrating because it seemed to be a cure but quit working. I could not believe how good it worked at first. Very frustrating