• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP shimazu (subotai)

dude lived for sports. it's cool they won, but also feels like a punch to the gut that it happens the year he passes.

Only saw this now. RIP shim. We started getting heavy into opiates round about the same time I think. Another good soul gone too soon.

Damn always looked for (and mostly enjoyed) his posts - appreciated his extensive knowledge of WIP and 97.5 Philly sports talk radio hosts.

He stayed up talking to me all night about my husband one night. Said it was boring af.
I was posted I was going down chocolate avenue cuz I was in Hershey and he said he thought I was looking for black dick.

Eagles put up the Superbowl banner last night. I couldn't help but think of how excited you would of been. Hope they have all the games televised in the afterlife

Playoffs start today and Foles is doing it again it seems. He came off the bench to save another season. I wish you where here to argue with me about who should start at QB next year.

Yup ppl are still just finding out.

You sre remembered and rest in peace dear.

Football is startan soon. Wish we could talk about the Eagles. Maybe you could bless Carson this year. We need him to stay healthy

The worst part about being part of a harm reduction community is watching all your friends die. :(
Literally this has been my personal bane this year; watching my best friend slowly kill himself with alcoholism. He is gone now and when I read things like this 2 years ago it really didn't prepare me at all.

Loss is fucking hard.

Shim would have gotten a kick out of talking to football w/ me too. He is sorely missed, he was such a good guy.

"He was such a good guy"
I remember picking him up in my truck one cold dark night in the worst part of Philadelphia. His gloves were mismatched and had more holes than the NY Giants defense. When I returned home a few days later I bought a new pair and sent them to him. He never thanked me, not that I expected him to. In fact, I'm surprised that he didn't send me a PM beefing about the quality, color, or size or worse yet, posting a demeaning rant about me in a public forum. When addiction had a firm grip on him, he was a miserable prick. It was clear to me that during those dark times his attitude was driven by a deep self-hatred fueled by thoughts of being forever trapped in active addiction. I never held it against him or took it personal. I had been there myself earlier in life. Take away the drugs however, and I'm certain that Shim was indeed "a good guy."

I didn't know him well but he seemed to be the type of guy who, when sober, was naturally good at just about anything that required mental acuity, quick wit, and probably manual dexterity as well. I met up with him in the street or subway and together we went to a couple of Sixers games and a Phillies game or two. I don't follow sports closely, but didn't need to with Shim at my side. He could answer any questions I had. I thoroughly enjoyed those events and his company. I thought about visiting Philly this summer to attend a ball game but remembered Shim is dead and it just wouldn't be the same without him.

Last edited:
Bump. Still think of you occasionally Shim

Eagles made another Superbowl man! It sucks your not hear to see them play.