• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

RIP shimazu (subotai)

I agree with you. All we can do is provide information and support and its up to the individual to put that to good use, but when our community members die it still feels like we failed them, even though we did everything we could for them.

i remember the first BL friend i lost (RIP jakeperson - i still miss you man), i felt the same way - that we'd failed him.
but the more i think about it, the more i realise it was a knee-jerk reaction to the shock of someone in our community dying.

it's not about failure, imho. we do everything we can to help people to help themselves and avoid drug related harm, but unfortunately there are times when nothing we can do is enough.
the current fentanyl epidemic is too horrifying for words. i'm so sad that it's claimed another member of our community.

my thoughts go out to all his friends, and of course his family. this fucking sucks.

Upset, because we failed him. Every time a bluelighter dies its because we failed them.

I agree with you. All we can do is provide information and support and its up to the individual to put that to good use, but when our community members die it still feels like we failed them, even though we did everything we could for them.

not everything is about us, or more specifically you.

Hey, shitheads I like: stop dying.

Shitheads I don't like: continue/start.

this.

i remember the first BL friend i lost (RIP jakeperson - i still miss you man), i felt the same way - that we'd failed him.
but the more i think about it, the more i realise it was a knee-jerk reaction to the shock of someone in our community dying.

it's not about failure, imho. we do everything we can to help people to help themselves and avoid drug related harm, but unfortunately there are times when nothing we can do is enough.
the current fentanyl epidemic is too horrifying for words. i'm so sad that it's claimed another member of our community.

my thoughts go out to all his friends, and of course his family. this fucking sucks.

shim knew what he was getting into. I am not going to go through all of his posts here, or elsewhere, but he spoke out against fentanyl on a number of occasions and wasn't naive when it came to what's in his dope.

He got clean and lost his tolerance.

Like so many others he tried to jump back on the train at full speed and slipped off.

He will be dearly missed and an unfortunate lesson for all of those paying attention.

Jeez, dont wish anyone harm...

scoo scoo

Sucks we won’t be meeting up in EOL, Shim.

I'm "new" around here, though I've lurked for awhile. I didn't know shimazu, but still, I am sad to hear of his passing. It's a tragedy that he died so young, from a substance that has taken so many lives. My condolences to his family, his friends, and all the people here on BL that knew and loved him.

I hope he is still alive and this was a fluke.

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope he'll just show up in a couple of months around Christmas time. He'll drop a 5 paragraph post about what he's been up to, about his family, and about some little known fact that he's aware of and we're not. He'll then go on a historical tangent, probably about how even in WW2 everyone stopped killing each other and exchanged gifts on Christmas day, so like, nowadays its about stupid ornaments and songs, but back then it actually meant more. He'll then end it with nbd or I don't really care either way. He'll be living in East Oak Lane, like he planned to, and he'd be slicing meat like he was recently.

Unfortunately, he's really gone. I talked to Mike and it's been confirmed through obituaries, by both of us. His family requested donations to a local charity that deals with helping addicts. If anyone is interested, PM me and I'll give you the link to the charity. I'm not posting it publicly because it might lead to his personal info and it's up to his family if they want that on here, not up to me.

I think this one hit me the hardest.

Fuck. Don’t know how well it would do, but if appropriate ( I dunno if his family knew about BL), I would tell them we are working harder to educate people about safety and heavily warning people about dangers associated with this issue.

God rest his spirit.

KYTM02o.gif

NSFW:

5BhyMdb.gif

Rip shim you dumb ass

Shim was actually really smart, and incredibly insightful. I'll miss his tl;dr's, and sports rants. He called me a transvaginal mesh lawsuit once. Lol.

Rip bro, I hope your 76ers do well this year :(

RIP
also maybe u shouldn't have posted our private convo here without asking me first
oh well dat dont matter no more

Damn...we never got along shim, but the truth is despite all the shit talk, I really secretly enjoyed your tldrs (which I would read) and insight on the random.

RIP Brother :(

Oh man :(

I didn't really talk to him much but he seemed like a cool, down to earth guy and his posts entertained me. Tragic. Why do all the good ones die young?

I'll really miss his presence in TL.

FUCK fentanyl. I know way too many people who have died of that evil shit.

RIP man, you're in a better place now. We'll all miss you :(

The worst part about being part of a harm reduction community is watching all your friends die. :(

Didn't know the guy, but RIP. Shit like this is why you can get naloxone otc in most states now - everyone who does dope or has friends that use should buy some and educate people you can trust, that know you use, on what to do in case of an OD. You can get fent-specific testing strips from DanceSafe too. Fent is being used to spike everything these days, even cocaine. Its nothing less than terrorist attacks on our community.

I'm "new" around here, though I've lurked for awhile. I didn't know shimazu, but still, I am sad to hear of his passing. It's a tragedy that he died so young, from a substance that has taken so many lives. My condolences to his family, his friends, and all the people here on BL that knew and loved him.

If shim were here he would tell you all to eat a bag of dicks
But in a funnier more well delivered manner

Been awhile since I talked to him, but actually thought about him often cause Putin's been in the news lately