• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

picamilon

markosheehan

Bluelighter
does anyone know what the binding profile of picamilon is to gabaA and gabaB. someone told me that it did not bind tightly to gabaA hence its nootrophic affects but this source says gaba binds to gaba A tightly. And picamilon is just gaba in the brain.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phenibut#Pharmacology

does anyone know any other gaba agonist/ structure drugs that do not bind to A much besides pregaballin and gabapretin and phenibut

Baclofen binds to GABA-B instead of GABA-A. GHB too but a lot of its pharmacology also derives from its affinity for the GHB receptor. As far as Picamilon goes, I believe it has no difference in binding affinity than GABA itself as it is hydrolysed to GABA within the brain.

do you know how phenibut has a nootrophic and cognition enhancing benefit. many people who low dose with phenibut 100-200 mg claim it helps them. gaba b agonism seems to be good for this. however there seems to be a reverse when people are taking grams of it. baclofen is a gaba B agonist aswell but how come people say it makes there memory worse?
i assume it would be safe to take phenibut once every 2 weeks 200 mg do you know for your brain(it will not do damage)? it seems to me like the safest gaba drug out there when used properly not often and not abused.

Mark, I PM'd you but you have reached your quota so please clear out some messages so I can send mine out to you.

Baclofen is good to ease up physical tension but not very effective for any moderate forms of anxiety.

Just keep in mind that just about anything that is effective enough for anxiety disorders re: GABAergics are going to have cognitive symptoms due to the basic nature of inhibiting dopamine and noradrenergic tone/firing. There is really no way around this mechanism of action

..Just keep in mind that just about anything that is effective enough for anxiety disorders re: GABAergics are going to have cognitive symptoms due to the basic nature of inhibiting dopamine and noradrenergic tone/firing. There is really no way around this mechanism of action

Not quite right! Serotonin 1a agonists are actually better for anxiety disorders than GABAergics thru totally different MOA.. Afaik without "cognitive symptoms" or DA/NE inhibition.. Buspar has pretty much same anxiolytic effect as benzos like lorazepam but without benzo withdrawals ( Association of 5-HT1A Receptors with Affective Disorders p153 ) there were a thread on this some time ago

DotChem, that's right. However MarkOSheehan was referring to GABAergics and in my PM I tried sending to him, I did recommend some Anti-D's that do not effect cognition adversely, some could actually bolster it in some aspects.

Sorry for the late reply. I thought this thread was dead. I do not get notifications for new comments on this . I've cleared some messages now .