• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

How infrequent is normal when it comes to going #2 (constipated opiate addicts only)

Often me too, the longer I wait, the harder (figuratively & litterally) it becomes for me to take a dump. If I just go sit on the toilet every day (only works when eating daily and 'decent sized meals'), however, I don't really have any problems going daily. I just have to remember, because the opioids will prevent me from feeling like I have to go. But if I simply do that, I can avoid having to 'give birth' to a turd once every 7-14 days.

=D

So yeah, the key is eating enough and going daily even if you don't feel like you have to go. (For me anyway, ymmv)

I noticed morphine makes me the most constipated out of all opiates, when i was doing morphine usually 4 times a week i would only go #2 like once every 10 days. But if i did hydrocodone or oxycodone i would go like every 3 days.

I take extended released morphine on a daily basis. Its my favorite opiate. It just had to be the one that stops you up the most... :(

Codeine was pretty bad for me as well actually. 4-700mg codeine a day is worse for me than 240mg oxycodone. With oxy I can go to the toilet easily, as long as I go. I don't feel the need to, but once I'm on there I can go. If I wait 3 days or more, I can't go easily anymore. But codeine (like morphine as many have said) constipates me far more than oxy (or methadone, or any other opi as far as I know actually).

So yeah, I suppose it really is the morphine that does it. I never really paid attention to heroin's effects on the constipation. Stands to reason it would be just as bad as morphine. But I used H in conjunction with oxy most of the time so can't really give a proper opinion on that one.

Codeine & ms contin were the worst ones from the ones I've done by themselves, hands down.

If it ever becomes Harder to go /evacuate, invest in some Magnesium Oxide. Not just any OL Mag but this is what they use to purge you before a colonoscopy. Now brand makes a real good powder. Its great for your brain and sleep and you wont develop a tolerance or experience any paradoxal effects like with constant use of Senna or other stool softeners. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and increase if needed. Remember its a time bomb so dont overdo it on your first try lol.
It wont give you the runs instantly, it gradually works on the whole bowel so don't worry about any away accidents

What about ex-lax? I use to eat laxatives religiously back when I was bulimic in my teens. It basically turns your shi*t into liquid. And yeah, ms contin has always been my favorite. I love how it lasts forever compared to other opiates/opioids. The only thing that might last longer than morphine ER are fentanyl patches, methadone, and tramadol but all of them are synthetic unlike morphine, which is derived directly from opium. (even though tramadol is pretty weak compared to morphine, I use to love how it made me feel so normal and content without having to feel high at all).

Last edited:
If it ever becomes Harder to go /evacuate, invest in some Magnesium Oxide. Not just any OL Mag but this is what they use to purge you before a colonoscopy. Now brand makes a real good powder. Its great for your brain and sleep and you wont develop a tolerance or experience any paradoxal effects like with constant use of Senna or other stool softeners. Start with 1/2 teaspoon and increase if needed. Remember its a time bomb so dont overdo it on your first try lol.
It wont give you the runs instantly, it gradually works on the whole bowel so don't worry about any away accidents

mg oxide has the lowest bioavailability of any form of magnesium, strange they would prescribe it for a colonoscopy. Im not saying I dont believe you its just weird cuz...
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/11794633
"Results indicated relatively poor bioavailability of magnesium oxide (fractional absorption 4 per cent)"
but mg does have laxitative effects, you just need a highly absorbable form. mg citrate works well. not well enough to let me take a shit when im using heroin tho...honestly the only time i can go is if im slightly dopesick, otherwise forget it. i can barely even piss on heroin, its nuts

^ if you want laxative effects, you want the form of magnesium that has the least bioavailability. That's because in that case it stays in the GI tract, and magnesium has a tendency to accumulate/slow the absorption of water - that's the mechanism by which it makes stool softer. If the magnesium is absorbed into the bloodstream, it's not in the GI tract anymore and has no action.

Not exactly the same, milk of magnesia is magnesium hydroxide, but it is also a very poorly absorbed form of magnesium, so for this purpose it should work just as well. Since magnesium hydroxide is also an antacid (substance that neutralizes stomach acid), maybe it's better to use a salt of magnesium (such as chloride or sulfate) instead.

Miralax usually works for me.

There were times earlier in my opiate career where I would go a week without dropping a deuce. It was horrible.

My body is so used to it now that I find it a lot easier. For example if I know I need to crap, I’ll wait to dose my first time of the day, and usually it will happen within an hour or so after waking up.

Don’t get me wrong, it’s still an issue. But not as big of an issue as it used to be. I try to get a good dump out at least every other day.

If i don't remember it can be bad. And sometimes a few days But if I remeber it's cool

I only go like once a week.

Same here when using. Don't know how bad that is though. During heavy use I sometimes go 10ish days in between.

But I have slow moving bowels compared to most people. When I'm sober I only go once every three days or so. Been like that as long as I can remember. It seems strange to me that most people go almost every single day (some people go multiple times per day even, right?)

I've found that I now go every day or at least every other day. Which is probably pretty amazing considering I take a fairly high daily dose of pain meds. I happen to dose every 6 hours and my go-to method is to wait an extra hour or so to dose. That usually does the trick. Sometimes I even take care of business nearing hour 6.

My biggest issue is that I clog up the john about every other time I go. A real pain in the ass, so to speak -LOL.

I also think alcohol might have some sort of laxative effect. My fiance drinks a 12pk of Natty a night and he normally goes 2 or 3 times a day. He said if he were in my shoes he'd feel miserable if he was as backed up as I am. I almost developed a drinking problem a few years ago (I was trying to compensate for losing an opiate hookup) and I remember needing to sh*t a lot more, but I think it actually gave me the runs.

When I was drinking regularly and also doing opiates a couple years back, i remember that the alcohol runs and opiate constipation tended to cancel each other out and it was great.