• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

getting high off CBD oil, why??

isoman2kx

Greenlighter
I know the mg of THC is pretty low with federal limits. But, I definitely have felt high with 1.5 mL and greater of CBD oil. Why though? I bought mine from *snip* no vendor discussion please! after seeing the good reviews on them via Reddit.

I bought their High Potency CBD Tincture bottle of 3000 mg (50 mg per 1 mL) and overall it's a 60 mL bottle. Why though? I feel it the strongest in the mornings when I take it, and less in the afternoon. I DO drink about 2-3 cups of coffee and take Pristiq (100 mg) , an anti-depressant. Still, why am I getting high from it?

I really want it to work because I have chronic neck pain and neck issues, but I can't be getting high at work. I just can't focus well with it and I feel weird too. I smoked pot YEARS ago and didn't like it. This CBD oil high feels EXACTLY like a pot high.

Appreciate any feedback.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is it just a CBD rich oil, or is it being marketed as pure CBD?

quick exert from wiki:
"CBD does not appear to have any intoxicating effects such as those caused by tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) in marijuana, but may have a downregulating impact on disordered thinking and anxiety"
"CBD does not appear to have any psychoactive ("high") effects such as those caused by ∆9-THC in marijuana, but may have effects on anxiety and anti-psychotic effect."
"Cannabidiol has very low affinity for the cannabinoid CB1 and CB2 receptors but acts as an indirect antagonist of these receptors."
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cannabidiol

It's often stated that CBD is not psychoactive, but I don't know if this is entirely true. It sounds like it is to me.

more information here
https://www.drugabuse.gov/about-nid...ogy-potential-therapeutic-effects-cannabidiol

It's a product from Washington claiming to source their CBD from GMO free Hemp grown in Colorado (a common source for these things).

Call or write the company and ask them yourself.

CBD massively tones down the effects of THC. 10mg of THC and 50mg of CBD is way, way less intoxicating than just 10mg of THC.

edit: misread at first oops

I have taken dabs of pure THC and CBD extracts. The differences are distinguishable. I felt sober and clear headed with the CBD. You are experiencing placebo effects imo. Possibly could be slight psychoactive effect from the caffeine and the anti-depressant you consume.

Last edited:
The dispensary I used to work for sold a CBD canna-oil that advertised as something like 1000mg of CBD per bottle. When we sent it for testing it came back as under 200mg in the whole bottle, and trace amounts of THC.

I'm not suggesting this is what's going on in your case, but just be aware that due to the way these companies operate, they tend to send their best batch for testing and then use those results for subsequent batches, which may vary quite a bit.

In terms of getting off kratom after becoming mildly dependent on that and wanting to continue exploring healthy ways most effectively manage some of my mental health issues (challenges that once upon a time made heroin actually a viable option, given how severe they were), and particularly given a new incredibly stressful work environment (no BL, IRL stuff - BL is hardly stressful for me), I'd really enjoy hearing more about how people use CBD.

Both to manage mental health issues (namely, anxiety and low motivation) and opioid use disorder issues. I need to be careful though, as sooner or later I'm going to be getting drug tested, and I'm not sure how well my using something with THC even in a legal state go over with the higher ups at the hospital/employer.

I was thinking of trying a cartridge style device with oil that is 5:1 CBD to THC to start. I like the idea of getting a little THC with the CBD, as I am so familiar with it (and it makes for more fun when I take it whilst tripping balls).

I can also get 17:1 CBD to THC crystals, but it's like twice as expensive. It is lab certified in terms of content, whereas I'm not sure about the cartridge.

But for now I think I'm going to just try the cartridge. I like the idea of having a very low dose of THC along with the CBD as I said, although I have a feeling I'm going to end up trying the sugar crystals with more CBD too, if simply because I know whats in it thanks to the lab. I'm sure the crystals will work better, but I have a feeling the pen will last longer (if for simply the reason I won't be using as much of it because it isn't as practical with the relatively higher THC content).

I really hate cartridge devices though. When it comes to other CBD extracts, how do you consume it? Oil pipe? My dab rig died :( so I'm have access to that anymore, but it seems like even a cheap-o oil pipe would work just fine for sugar crystals. Or am I mistaken?

Assume I know nothing about CBD other than what's basically been presented in this thread. I'm interested in the most effective ways of consuming it as well as the most effective types of CBD extras, strains, products, etc. I really enjoy concentrates, but I hate vaping them out of vape pens and similar devices. Hence the idea of oil pipe.

Thanks for the help.

Naw, fuck it, I'm going with the lab certified 17:1 crystals and oil pipe. Cheap oil pipe.

EDIT: Ended up with 0.5g, one of 18:1 and another of 21:1 CBD/THC. And super duper cheap oil pipe. Waiting to enjoy till this evening before I try it out. Kinda curious about oral, but if it works anything remotely like cannabinoids I'm familiar with vaporing it is the way I'll most enjoy it.

I does look absolutely delicious, although I'm not sure it smell as good as the high THC content crumble I have gotten used to over the last year. Still, I'm looking forward to my evening.

Naw, fuck it, I'm going with the lab certified 17:1 crystals and oil pipe. Cheap oil pipe.

EDIT: Ended up with 0.5g, one of 18:1 and another of 21:1 CBD/THC. And super duper cheap oil pipe. Waiting to enjoy till this evening before I try it out. Kinda curious about oral, but if it works anything remotely like cannabinoids I'm familiar with vaporing it is the way I'll most enjoy it.

I does look absolutely delicious, although I'm not sure it smell as good as the high THC content crumble I have gotten used to over the last year. Still, I'm looking forward to my evening.

Did you vape it all, or did you get any experience with oral route? Im very curious about this.

Last edited:
Yesterday evening I ate a 35mg THC edible and then vaped maybe 30-40mg of the 21:1 CBD/THC concentrate. Very powerful experience. I always forget how fickle my tolerance to edibles is, but with the CBD it was a little more manageable as I overshoot it once again (used to take me grams of prepared nug to feel it orally, but now I just need a few mgs is seems).

Super early this morning 20mg of CBD was really pleasant. I have only tried vaping the CBD though, as it seems to work quite well for my needs like that. I'm going to try vaping a slightly larger dose this evening. Still need to get my technique down on the oil pipe, which I've never been great with in terms of efficiency.

I'll probably try a lower CBD/THC ratio next time (so maybe like 5:1), but it's likely going to be some time before I try CBD subglinually. Seems like it's something of a waste doing it orally compared to sublingually, either that or I'm just impatient for how long it takes oral cannabinoids take to come on).

I think if you are naturally feeling anxious or depressed you could theoretically feel ‘high’ from the relief of symptoms from CBD.